Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:$4.99

on February 10, 2012
Eileen Cook is a very witty, accomplished writer and I love all her books, so I was delighted to see this new one out. It's a fast, energetic read that's full of fun, and Eileen's knack for a comic one-liner had me chuckling my way to the end in two sittings. Definitely a book for a rainy Saturday afternoon on the sofa, or a lounger by the pool. Thanks Eileen for another great read!
0Comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2012
Do or Di, the new, chick-lit, release from Eileen Cook will definitely have you cracking up! I laughed out loud a few times while reading this book, my dogs were looking at me like I was crazy.

I enjoyed the way the storyline panned out, and I have to say, I had NO IDEA what was going to happen in the end. That is what I liked best about this book, it was unpredictable. I find that to be one of the most important things while reading a new book. I don't want to "know" what is going to happen, I want to be surprised, or even taken for a loop, and that is what happened with Do or Di.

Erin Callighan just wanted to meet a GREAT guy, but yet, it just wasn't happening. Then when it finally does, OH BOY.....didn't see that coming. Jonathan, that weasel-jerk.....I DID NOT like him AT ALL!! Any woman who has ever dated a man that was "off-limits" will understand Erin's dilemma and will be hoping that she regains some sort of "sense" before she gets in too deep. This was where Diana came in.

I think my favorite character, aside from Colin, was Diana. She was the young girl that Erin was supposed to be mentoring, but Diana ended up being more of a "mentor" to Erin. I especially loved when she would start in on Erin's choice of clothing...I was cracking up!

Do or Di is more of a Chick-lit, than a romance, but it was enjoyable, and sometimes you just want to read a book that will make you laugh!
on January 28, 2012
Do or Di is hilarious, heartfelt, and wonderful. I was sucked into the story right away, and laughed out loud so often that my husband kept asking me -- WHAT ARE YOU READING? Highly recommended!
on September 22, 2012
I had a hard time liking Erin. In fact, I can't say that I ever did like her. And it's hard to read a book where you find the main character a twit and wish she'd get a clue. She's supposed to be a pretty smart cookie, and yet, she "dates" a married man, and justfies it as "he's going to get a divorce and a good guy like him won't last long so I'm putting in a dating down payment". Personally, that bothered me greatly. And then she was so totally insensitive to her mentee, Diana. I just didn't like Erin. I kept reading, hoping she'd grow on me, but instead, I felt sorry for Colin and wanted him to run away as fast as he could from this shallow, self-centered woman. I was glad she seemed to "wake-up" at the end of the book, and the married man got his comeuppance, but still....I couldn't like Erin.
on January 30, 2012
Erin is working at a radio station, which is her dream job. Sort of. She's wanted to be an on-air personality but instead she's in sales. Still, she knows that one day she's going to get her chance.

And she does! Unfortunately, she's a last second fill-in host on the station's uber-popular (and uber-sexist) show. Her co-host? Colin Stewart, the "Voice of Seattle." And when the show takes off, she finds herself agreeing to pretend to date Colin.

To further complicate things, she's also decided to participate in a mentoring project. Her assignment? A teenage girl who thinks that her other mentor is Princess Diana.

So yeah, things are very complicated in Erin's life. But is that necessarily so bad?

So far, I've read two-thirds of Eileen Cook's genres (YA and chick lit) and I'm pretty sure she can make everything fantastic. (We'll see; the middle grade ones are next!) This book could have been roll-your-eyes obnoxious because we all know what's going to happen, right? Well, not exactly. There are plenty of curve balls I didn't mention in this review. But even if Colin and Erin DO end up together (and I'm not saying they do, mind you), how it happens is most of the fun.

Also, I love Diana (yes, the teen girl's name is Diana) and she's surprisingly astute for someone who is (a) so young and (b) so deluded (or is she?).

As with all of Eileen Cook's books to date, this one is highly recommended. It's only available as an ebook but Amazon sells it for $3. Guaranteed you spend more on lunch, so why not give this a try?
on January 23, 2012
Just as delicious as Eileen Cook's Unpredictable (haven't read it? Shoo, go thee to order. Now. It's fab), Do or Di brings a cast of eccentric characters, delightful neuroses and romantic love into a well written diatribe of hope, yearning and understanding. Two larger than life personalities go head to head on the radio show "He Said, She Said" where the diametrically opposed Colin and Erin, spark the air waves with their passionate arguments against the others' viewpoint. They are hit with audiences everywhere. Just not with each other. The vulnerability Cook brings to life in a troubled teen who thinks she is channeling the late Princess Diana, as she plays an inadvertent cupid to her reluctant radio personality 'Big Sister' Erin is brilliant and imaginative. The slow burn between Colin and Erin keeps the pages turning, but its the relationship that develops between Erin and Diana, that steals the show. Cook brings love, in all its forms, from romantic to platonic to a perfect culmination in Do or Di. Don't miss this royal affair!
on January 25, 2012
I first fell in love with Cook's Unpredictable when it came out and although I've read all of her stuff for kids and teens, I've really been craving a grown up book from this author. Well here it is, and boy was it worth the wait. This fun and romantic story is everything I'd been waiting for and more. Cook is a master of physical comedy, providing several laugh-out-loud moments throughout. I'm also a sucker for witty banter between romantic leads (a la Jennifer Crusie) and the smart, hilarious banter between Erin and Colin in DO OR DI is fun and sizzling, making this a must read for anyone who likes Rom Coms with heart. I have one thing to say to this author: MORE PLEASE!
on September 22, 2012
Yes, there were some funny moments/one-liners scattered throughout the story, but I just couldn't get past Erin's rudeness and defensiveness about her affair with a married man (and frankly, I think Colin could have done better) There were also some weird formatting issues (He Said/He Said struck through, then He Said, She Said after)
on February 9, 2012
I am a fan of Eileen Cook's so I was excited to see her new book here (especially for $2.99). Like all her books, this one is heartfelt and really funny. I wasn't disappointed!
on January 22, 2013
It is hard to admit that I liked Erin after all of the mistakes she made, but at the end of the day she learned from them. Erin thinks she knows exactly what she wants and one of those things is a married man. After everything he does and says, after her co-workers tell her what a mistake it is, she still won't end it. She is stubborn and thinks she knows best. Not only does Jonathon show his truly colors, she loses her job. Which leads me to Colin....a guy who drops so many hints throughout how he feels that she MISSES! She has these preconceptions about him and won't see him for who he really is nor does she listen to her best friend about him either. I wanted to smack her a few times, but at the same time was waiting for her to wake up. Her one redeeming quality was that she did take an interest in Diana even after all of the initial issues with thinking she was crazy. If she would have listened to the girl early on, her life would not have tanked so bad. However, at the end of the day things do turn around for her.