Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dockers Men's 38mm Leather Bridle Belt
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 21, 2014
It feels like plastic. The first time I put it on it immediately put permanent ugly creases on the "leather". I would return it immediately if it were not already damaged from my merely putting it on (the attached picture was taken after first wearing for 30 seconds). Very disappointed to say the least.
review image
66 comments| 253 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2013
A great belt, exactly what I wanted, except it was too long. I followed the size instructions ("Order one size up from your pant size") and ordered size 40 for pant waist size 38. To check, I layed this belt out side by side with others I have. It was about 2 inches longer (comparing center holes) than another marked size 40, but matched very well with one marked size 42.

Many other reviewers claim a perfect fit. But a few said that the belt they received was too long, while a few others said it was too short. Before re-reading the reviews I'd thought that maybe Dockers just sized belts differently than other makers. Now, though, I wonder if some belts are simply marked incorrectly.

This is the belt I want. A five star belt that I'll have to return. And I can't decide whether to order another at size 38, or go again with 40 assuming the one I got was a mistake. Can anyone else comment on this?

Update June 11, 2013. I took a chance and ordered another at size 38. It fits! Again, comparing belts layed side by side, it matches my other belts (different makers) which are marked size 40. It does seem that Dockers sizes their belts differently.
11 comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2012
After reading some of the reviews I was hesitant to purchase this Dockers Belt, but I'm glad I did. It's nicely tanned bridal leather yet supple and, when bent, it doesn't show any signs of compression/expansion marks. Color is a very consistent 'mahogany' (rosy brown) and it is sized right. Edges are done in a nice chamfer-cut and are well sealed. I've now worn it several times (about 15 hours total) including out doors activity and sitting working at the computer and it hasn't noticeably stretched or distorted in any way (some others mentoined this). I especially like the mellow color-keyed buckle with integral roller -- looks nice with jeans and isn't overly 'dressy.' Comparable belts sell for twice this price in local stores. I honestly can't find any fault at all with this product -- five stars.
on December 18, 2013
My husband wore this two times, maybe three... the cover leather came off almost instantly. What more can I say?
on October 6, 2012
Very nice looking belt! A bit wide and thick, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Hoping the quality will stay true over time, I'll update this post if not. Usually the "leather" belts I buy are just cheap leather with a coating that start to peel after a while making the belt look terrible. This one looks durable enough though.

I bought the 36" waist belt even though I have closer to a 33" waist. My dickies "leather" belt was a 36" and there were enough holes to synch it down to a 33", even 32". This one however is pretty true to size. It has extra holes on the larger side, only about 2 on the lower side. I'm on the last hole and still losing weight. I have a leather punch so it's not really a big deal, just something to look for when sizing your belts.
on January 4, 2014
I've had enough good and bad belts to know this is not a well made belt.

Very dry, not pliable leather. A good belt will not begin to crack if bent. I don't think it's fabricated but it's not far from it.

I'm doing what I should have done and spending an extra 10$ to get a good belt on Etsy.
on March 30, 2014
Complete garbage. Didn't even bother to put it on because it is that crappy cardboard 'leather' that will crack in half the first time you buckle it. Put it back in the bag and printed out a return label. Save yourself the sheet of paper that it costs to send this thing back and just find something better. If you find a real leather one let me know, I had one that lasted 12 years and the stitching came out, I'm still looking for a replacement.
88 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2015
Cheap Quality, Look Elsewhere

This belt is not of decent quality. The "leather" was bubbling and cracking right out the package and it just feels cheap. I cannot recommend anyone buy this belt.
review image
on March 27, 2012
What I like.

- Real genuine leather belt. Not a stitched together belt, but 100% all leather. My last one lasted over 7 years. I should post a pic, you would laugh.

- The color is exactly as depicted in the picture. The color should lighten with age, but now it looks exactly like the image. Zoom in for a better glimpse.

- Sizing was as described. I wear a 34 and ordered a 36 belt. There are 5 holes. This is a 3 hole fit. X X 0 X X !

- Wore it all day today and my pants have NOT fallen off once... which as you know the job of a belt.

I did not like.

- It said made in China. Ok I have to admit I was not a big fan, HOWEVER my belt says made in Guatemala! So this really belongs in the like column negating the need for a do not like column and the reason I gave this belt 5 stars.
22 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2014
This belt feels like it is made out of plastic or some kind of composite material.

Imagine what a leather belt looks like and feels like; this belt does not look and feel like that. Period.