Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dockers Men's 3 Pack Boxer Brief, Multi, Small
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on May 3, 2012
Alright, so I've gone through all the fazes with underwear. The superman tighties, (don't lie, you were there before), boxers for the LONGEST... Then the commando era (college fool)... Then back to the boxers and due to playing basketball with athletic boxer briefs I made the switch boxer briefs for good. Why does that matter? Because I've been wearing boxer briefs for years and I have been through every type and know good when I feel good.

These are BY FAR, (no exaggeration), the best boxer briefs I have ever worn.

I've had the "other brand's" new "comfort waistband" boxer briefs prior and I thought they were the sh... And my review said just that. But you can't classify sausage by eating only viena canned. I thought the Hanes briefs were almost flawless. But no more... After wearing these boxer briefs, I honestly believe that every other boxer brief out there prior to this, were designed by women, (not a shot, just a feeling).

So I'll break it down as brief, (no intentional pun), as possible...

MATERIAL - The material is an uncharacteristically smooth and soft cotton. Even the hemmed thigh lines have are binding without contraction. It feels like you're actually wearing a loose pair of regular boxers, even though they are firm against your leg. They are just that soft. The material is the BEST... I repeat, the BEST, material I have ever had in boxers. (Even better than my Klein silk regular boxers)

FIT (WAISTBAND) - This is always every dude's pet peeve. Whether you're 0 lbs, 20 lbs, or 100 lbs overweight, everyone cares about "riding" waistbands, or "rising" waistbands. This is what sets these boxer briefs OVER the TOP. The waist band is elastic like most, but the material is not at all the norm. It looks like any boxer brief waistband, but it is soft and is elastic without getting the red skin stressing creases which are accompanied by the uncomfortable contracting feeling. The band is thick, I'd say a good 1 1/2 inch - 2inch, but that's not at all too much. The band material is so soft that it doesn't feel like a belt loop too far at all. And despite the fact that it gives you the secure well-fit feeling, it is not at all constricting.

FIT (THIGHS) - As stated earlier, the thigh hems do not have the normal, overly-tight elastic bands that do not fit proportionately to the crotch, rear and waist. They are best described as "snug" since "tight" is far too strong a word. They sit snug against the leg but not in a way that it causes any discomfort. I can't applaud Dockers enough for that seemingly monumental break-through.

FIT (CROTCH and BUTTOCKS) - The accommodation for the crotch is perfected as well. It sits close and snug on the A, with no extra material. And is snug through the rear route as well, until the the front adds extra drop to allow everything to sit naturally but still contained and secured, (i.e. no something-about-mary rearrangement). Adjustment is natural, but at it's minimum with these boxers, guaranteed. So if you're making the switch from boxers to boxer briefs; these briefs would be an almost unnoticeable switch.

THE WASH: I've had these boxers for over two months now. I've got six total pairs and have washed all weekly since purchase. There are no exposed elastic-strands as you normally see with most boxer briefs, (happened to my hanes, fruit looms, and Jockeys, i was surprised on my Jockeys, but it happened). The waistband shows no sign of aging at all. No exposed elastic material at all or any warning of that possibility. Truly well made. The COLOR has not faded at all. The thighs still fit snug and there was little to no shrink to the material, (at least nothing noticable).

The WEAR: As I said earlier, there is no issue with the waistband. There is no folding or pinching at all. They do not rise up like some briefs and do not drop down and fold like others. Sits perfectly at natural waistline the entire day. No matter if i'm in tucked in, casual business or in out-and-about jeans and T.

The PANTS FIGHT: The material is thick, but not to the point that it will interfere with your jeans or pants at all. I wear with AE bootleg jeans regularly, which fit slim in the thighs, and there are no issues. I also wear with casual work chinos and business slacks. No issues with fit or scrunching at all.

The GIRL Test: My girl loves these boxer briefs and goes nuts every time she sees them on. These boxer briefs look like top of the line $40/pair.

OVERALL: Don't pinch pennies on boxer briefs. That's one area you need to drop some bones. These briefs may be a few dollars more than Hanes or Fruit Loom, but the relaxed feeling you get is priceless. You may not realize how poor your situation was with your current briefs until you try these. For the best comfort one can get from boxer briefs, choose these and choose them now.
55 comments|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2012
After Lands End discontinued their Oxford Cloth Boxers, I tried several brands of mens boxer style underwear. The Dockers boxer brief are the best I have found, in Medium, waist 32. I tried the Hugo Boss (bad fit, thin material), the Hanes Comfort Soft from Target (inconsistent fit, depends on color), the Target Merona brand (bad fit), MaxRide (bad fit), and Wickers (good quality, made in USA, but order a size larger). I got the Wickers and MaxRide for camping because they wick away moisture, and dry quickly when hand washed. So, of all these underwear, the Dockers fit the best, giving room for your package, and not too tight in the butt. The fabric is nice and soft, not too thin like the Hugo Boss, and a little thicker than the Hanes. I recommend the Dockers for cotton and the Wickers, one size larger for synthetic.
on August 1, 2012
I normally don't wear boxer briefs. I'm partial to boxers but decided to try this based on the reviews. Am I glad that I did. the fabric is soft and the band is stretchy but doesn't leave the red mark like other boxer briefs I have tried before. Great fit and going to order some more.
on February 17, 2011
I find these to be the best value. These are better than the Hugo Boss ones I bought from Zappos. They are 100% cotton, not excessively stretchy so they don't squeeze your thigh.

If someone finds something better in quality and value, I'd love to hear about it.
on October 10, 2012
Excellent quality, fit, and comfort.
I'm a senior: 6 foot, 170#, 36" waist- and "large" size was generous.
It's my first shot at this style of skivs.
I recommend - and the old skivs are out the door.
on December 25, 2012
Much nicer texture than the boxer briefs that cost the same for a quantity of 1 as it does for all 3 of these docker briefs. Also, the waist band for the dockers is snug without being constrictive or too tight. These are the best out there and have extended life over the competition.
on July 29, 2012
I found the Dockers boxer briefs because I was frustrated trying to get a package of Hanes boxer briefs that was 100 percent cotton and colors I could live with. After problems receiving cotton/poly mixes and colors that people other than me must like, I found these Dockers in black, three to a pack, and all cotton. After a couple weeks of trial, I can't praise them enough. Very comfortable, even though the waistband is a harder elastic than Hanes. It's wide enough that it fits comfortably. The fabric is exceptionally nice, thick enough to give a sense of durability but soft enough that you barely notice it. Legs are, for me, a perfect length, not too short, not too long. The band at the bottom of the leg provides a reasonably close, but not tight, fit. Again, very comfortable. Since this is a first impression, I have no idea how well they'll hold up. But as a first impression, I can't recall every having one as positive as this about underwear. Oh, one thing: if you don't like the part of the tag on the inner waist band that flaps freely (I didn't), just cut it off. It takes five seconds and leaves the underwear (apparently) flawless.
on May 25, 2013
The most comfortable underwear ever. They could be improved with a comfort waist band, but the one they have is fine, and finally someone made underwear for someone with an American ass. They don't squeeze your butt together or feel like a tent is hanging off of each leg. Like the perfect compromise between boxers and long leg briefs. I have every brand and type of underwear you ever heard of (and some you haven't) and they are all going into a garbage bag (as soon as the additional pairs I ordered have arrived.) Washed a pair (in warm, as recommended, dried on warm) and no shrinkage.
on June 6, 2014
I had high hopes for these boxer briefs but was very disappointed. Here are my complaints:
1. Material is too thick.
2. Butt seams..who puts seams down the back of the briefs? they rub and chafe..don't even think about running with them.
3. not enough elastic in thighs. They will ride up !
4. Did i mention the idiotic butt seams?

In other words...save your money, Hanes and fruit of the loom are much better.
on March 28, 2013
I've worn both boxers and briefs all my life, why not try a combination of the two?
Went with the Docker's brand based on reviews, and while I haven't tried other brands, I do say these fit pretty well, not too snug like most briefs tend to do, there's enough room where it actually feels like boxers. What I do like is that this instead the stretchy spandex-y material, they don't hug your thighs (I'm on the thinner side so I have women's legs as my wife likes to joke) yet they don't constantly ride up the way boxers do.

One tip worth mentioning is when washing, use gentle cycle and let them air dry. Did the machine wash/dry with my first pair, and they shrunk a bit. I'm a 34 waist (though it could be a 33 but I don't like my midsection to feel squeezed) and I went with a pack of medium. They fit fine as long as they don't shrink. Once shrunken, while they are still wearable, they tend to be a tad too snug.

See 1 answered question