4.0 out of 5 stars Remember, Carbon isn't Black
Published on April 25, 2010 by Ruben Diaz

3.0 out of 5 stars they're OK
They're stretchy which I wasn't expecting.

They fit well in the waist (on me anyway) but they're snug on my thighs (again, on me).

There's only one cargo pocket which isn't obvious from the picture, and it's not a very big one, but it's big enough for my black berry which is what I needed it for anyway.

They look OK tho, and I'd rate them...
Published on April 13, 2010 by C. Woody Butler

4.0 out of 5 stars Remember, Carbon isn't Black, April 25, 2010
These pants are rather comfortable and are Dockers D3 Classic cut. The cargo pocket is a Zip type, and is pretty discreet. The back pockets have a button top flaps to keep things in. The waistband is elastic and also very discreet. The front pocket interior lining on the Carbon pants is Light brown. Sizing was spot on with what i was expecting. Just keep in mind that Carbon does not equal black. The pictures make it look nearly black, but they would seem like a faded black if you placed them side by side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best business-casual / just-casual pants outthere, April 3, 2010
Jeffrey Stanley (Wichita, KS United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Very nice sturdy fabric, and a very nice look and drape. Not "no iron," but they don't require ironing if you get them out of the drier promptly (better than other flat front casual dockers). Much more professional-looking than typical cargo pants. Waist is slightly flexible, but it's well hidden; they appear to have normal waistband. Room in the seat without looking baggy. This is the best casual khaki design out there. The best summary is that they look sharp without looking too dressy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the BEST business/casual pant out there!, October 28, 2011
Movie Maker "Rik" (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Okay. No pair of pant's are perfect, Dockers Men's Flat Front Comfort Cargo Pants come pretty close. Thery are well tailored, and are super comfortable. The elastic in the waist (unseen by anyone) can be a real 'help' when you need it!

The cargo pocket on the right leg is discreet, and is perfect for a cell phone, or even a wallet - the zipper on the pocket is a perfect match to the color of the pant, which is nice. there are no 'flaps' on the cargo pocket, either). As others have noted, remember that "Carbon" is really a a very dark grey - I am happier with the "Black" for most occasions.

The "Green" is more like a dark-ish khaki, and is very attractive, no need to be shy ordering that color either. I really think this is an essential for most guy's - it is tailored enough to easily fit in to a semi-casual workplace, and works well after work, and dressed down on weekends or holidays.

The care is simple - just what you would expect from Dockers - wash 'em, throw them in the dryer, then fold them or better yet, take the extra 3 seconds it takes to put them on a hanger. I am TRYING to "remember" to do THAT).

I hate to use the "I" word that would be IRON ), and and you really never have to - but if you are in the mood, you can and they look a bit more dressy.

The color holds well - dark colors stay dark, lighter shades never yellow or dis-color, when using a regular washing machine. Just to test 'em, I have sent one black pair and and one lighter color (Cement, I think..) to the dry-cleaners for about 8 months, weekly. Result? PERFECTION, for when you want/need the pro-pressed look. Again, no problem with color fade, or "falling apart".

Lastly, the cut and style is ageless - from guys in their 20's to those of us who are...ahem...40+. They run true to size, and with the hidden elastic, I would NOT go up a size, as you sometimes need to do.

Needless to say, I live in them, in all colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and smart, January 3, 2012
This is a great pair of pants - they've quickly become some of my favorites.

They hang well - though of course your body type might vary.

They are quite well made - cargo pants tend towards two varieties, in my experience. They're either extremely sturdy and suitable for hard work, or they're cheap imitations. These are definitely the former.

Yet, despite the working-class roots of the pants, they're not out of step at a smart-casual affair either. They hover between the two worlds, a leg in both, comfortable in both. Always a dangerous thing - you don't want something which can't fit in either - but these do pull it off. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pants, January 5, 2012
These are great pants. They have a comfortable fit and a very useful extra pocket, sort of a cross between the utility of cargo pants and the look of classic Dockers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pants, May 10, 2010
I like the pants. I didn't realize they were elastic in the waist when I purchased them but it's cool.

3.0 out of 5 stars they're OK, April 13, 2010
They're stretchy which I wasn't expecting.

They look OK tho, and I'd rate them as acceptable for a BizCaz environment.

I haven't washed them yet - I had them professionally cleaned and pressed and they came back OK from that ;).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pants!!, October 31, 2013
I'm very reluctant to buy clothes online, but these worked out just great. As with most of my clothes, I just toss them into the washer and dryer and if they survive, they're good. And that's exactly what I did with these. They survived a regular wash cycle in warm water and a full dry cycle with normal heat. Perfect. The look and fit is great too. They're not outrageously "cargo" like (with too many huge bulging pockets)--instead, they have one extra zippered pocket on the right thigh--good location, well designed, but a bit small. These, of course, are "comfort" pants, meaning they have an expandable elastic waist. I'm not a big fan of "comfort waist pants," but these fit perfectly and the expandable waist is completely hidden and not noticeable at all. Overall, I'd have to say this was a good online purchase.

PROS:
--Nice looking, good design
--Comfortable to wear
--Very washable
--Seem reasonably durable, time will tell.

CONS:
--"Cargo" pocket is a bit small and seems a superficial addition to make them "cargo" pants.
--Some may not like the expandable waist

On the whole, very good pants indeed. Perhaps the reason these were a good online purchase is, in fact, the expandable waist--they're more likely to fit without the benefit of trying them on in a store first. (Never thought I'd endorse "comfort fit" pants, but there you go...)

4.0 out of 5 stars I love these pants, August 3, 2013
A. Forester (Santa Barbara, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Breathable cotton with a right leg zipper pocket perfect for your favorite smart phone.

Expandable for those days when 4 beers is just not enough.

Durable and attractive. Nobody knows I'm really a bum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and comfort, May 15, 2010
The order was just as I thought it should be...quick and efficient and the slacks fit and look great.

Rate and Discover Movies