4.0 out of 5 stars good belt and can be shortened

3.0 out of 5 stars Good belt, but pretty soft
Published 8 months ago by Nathan S. Daniels

4.0 out of 5 stars good belt and can be shortened, June 27, 2010
D. Rosen (United States) - See all my reviews
Doesn't pucker like some inexpensive belts. The leather isn't particularly soft but I don't mind that. With a small screwdriver you can remove the leather belt from the buckle, cut it to a shorter size, and screw it back in so it looks just like new (but shorter). Buckle is shiny like chrome, and looks like it may stay that way longer than some belts. This is a good width in my opinion -- narrow enough for dress but wide enough so it doesn't look tiny in the beltloops.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good black dress belt with poor buckle color, May 20, 2012
This review is from: Dockers Men's 30mm Reversible Swivel-Buckle Belt (Apparel)
bought a 38inch belt
38inch belt as measured from the pivot point of the buckel
35&1/2inch to hole one,
36&3/8inch to hole two,
37&1/4inch to hole three,
38&1/8inch to hole four,
39inch to hole five,
42&3/4inch to tip

everybody, your reviews about going larger was very helpful but just cut to the chase and please post the actual size rather then "it a little undersized". I wear 32" pants and the 38" works loosely in the shortest hole but I should have went with a 36".

Material feels like a hard leather but it is almost like vinyl. This is not bad for a dress belt becuase you want it stiff. Buckel is ultra bright chrome not my preference but amazon photo is accurate so you know what you are getting. Brown side is very dark and does not even look brown. stitching is brown on the brown side and black on the black side which means the belt is dyed. so good black dress belt but needs a polished nickel belt buckel instead of the gangster bright chrome. And "firgit about it" for the brown side. Brown side is just ugly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is off, October 7, 2011
Ordered a 34 (which is the same "size" as always), but this particular belt, while marked as a size 34 is significantly shorter. I have a teenage son who can use it, so it's not a big deal and I'll just order another in a larger size, but it's inconvenient that the size isn't "true". Great belt, though. I'd just suggest ordering a size or 2 larger - you can always shorten it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dockers Men's 30mm reversible swivel buckle belt, October 6, 2012
The belt is of uniformly good quality on both sides. The reversible buckle works well. However, I ordered a size 34 waist which is the size all of my belts. The size 34 is too small, and I suggest that future purchasers order one size larger than their regular size. This suggestion appears in many of the reviews.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good belt, but pretty soft, April 3, 2014
This is a nice belt. it is stylish and just wide enough. The only gripe I have is that it is a very soft leather. Some people may like this but I personally do not. I prefer my belts be a bit more still. This one just seems like it won't last very long as wearing it for only a few hours already showed signs of damage to the hole I used due to the softness of the material.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good belt and finish, May 9, 2013
Good belt and fits just right. I am a 32" and ordered a 34"...have 2 holes to spare. Quality and finish seem to be good, but will probably be using only the black side which seems to be the 'main' side.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - department store quality delivered to your door, March 12, 2013
JPeacock (Jacksonville, Texas) - See all my reviews
We buy this standard belt all the time from a department store. Usually once a year. This meets or exceeds the typical department store quality. Love being able to purchase this from amazon. Great! Will definitely buy again, assuming it lasts a reasonably long time. Will update if my opinion changes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, but just not that durable., April 4, 2012
S. F. "meefirst" (Irvine, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dockers Men's 30mm Reversible Swivel-Buckle Belt (Apparel)
At first glance, this belt looks pretty sturdy and well made, and at first, it seemed like everything was fine. It wasn't until a few weeks into using it that I began to notice that the metal end of the belt was slowly scraping away at the belt's finish. I usually wear it with a pair of jeans and a shirt that's not tucked in, so it doesn't show, but I recently started wearing it one notch tighter, so if I were to wear it with a tucked in shirt, the wear would be right in the middle of the belt buckle, and would be noticible. I'm not afraid that it will break any time soon, but apparently this will not be a belt I will be wearing to any formal outings. A little dissappointed, since other belts I have do not seem to have this problem. 2 1/2 stars, 3 being a little generous.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Belt/Small Sizes, January 23, 2012
Damon.D (Pittsburgh,PA) - See all my reviews
This is a nice belt but as everyone else said order larger. I'm a 36 Waist ordered a size 38 in this belt....should have gotten a 40 or 42. If you are a 36 and get the 38 you can only use the first two notches and it's either too tight or a little too loose.

3 stars for the size issue. If the sizes were more accurate this would be 4, 4 1/2 because it is nice and feels like it will last.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizes run small, January 3, 2012
Josh (SAN FRANCISCO, US, Canada) - See all my reviews
I ordered the 34 inch belt having a waistline of 33-34 inches, but belt is clearly designed for someone in the 31-33 inch waistline range. I've worn it for a few days on the widest setting, but it's still a little too snug for long term comfort. I re-ordered the belt in a 36 because despite the sizing issue, it's a great value for the price. Hope it helps.