4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing problems?
Published 18 months ago by W. E. King

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Inherently Flawed
It feels like plastic. The first time I put it on it immediately put permanent ugly creases on the "leather". I would return it immediately if it were not already damaged from my merely putting it on (the attached picture was taken after first wearing for 30 seconds). Very disappointed to say the least.
Published 29 days ago by Daniel Heacock

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing problems?, June 4, 2013
This review is from: Dockers Men's 38mm Leather Bridle Belt (Apparel)
A great belt, exactly what I wanted, except it was too long. I followed the size instructions ("Order one size up from your pant size") and ordered size 40 for pant waist size 38. To check, I layed this belt out side by side with others I have. It was about 2 inches longer (comparing center holes) than another marked size 40, but matched very well with one marked size 42.

Many other reviewers claim a perfect fit. But a few said that the belt they received was too long, while a few others said it was too short. Before re-reading the reviews I'd thought that maybe Dockers just sized belts differently than other makers. Now, though, I wonder if some belts are simply marked incorrectly.

This is the belt I want. A five star belt that I'll have to return. And I can't decide whether to order another at size 38, or go again with 40 assuming the one I got was a mistake. Can anyone else comment on this?

Update June 11, 2013. I took a chance and ordered another at size 38. It fits! Again, comparing belts layed side by side, it matches my other belts (different makers) which are marked size 40. It does seem that Dockers sizes their belts differently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well constructed real leather belt., March 27, 2012
What I like.

- Real genuine leather belt. Not a stitched together belt, but 100% all leather. My last one lasted over 7 years. I should post a pic, you would laugh.

- The color is exactly as depicted in the picture. The color should lighten with age, but now it looks exactly like the image. Zoom in for a better glimpse.

- Sizing was as described. I wear a 34 and ordered a 36 belt. There are 5 holes. This is a 3 hole fit. X X 0 X X !

- Wore it all day today and my pants have NOT fallen off once... which as you know the job of a belt.

I did not like.

- It said made in China. Ok I have to admit I was not a big fan, HOWEVER my belt says made in Guatemala! So this really belongs in the like column negating the need for a do not like column and the reason I gave this belt 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality at half the price, October 26, 2012
After reading some of the reviews I was hesitant to purchase this Dockers Belt, but I'm glad I did. It's nicely tanned bridal leather yet supple and, when bent, it doesn't show any signs of compression/expansion marks. Color is a very consistent 'mahogany' (rosy brown) and it is sized right. Edges are done in a nice chamfer-cut and are well sealed. I've now worn it several times (about 15 hours total) including out doors activity and sitting working at the computer and it hasn't noticeably stretched or distorted in any way (some others mentoined this). I especially like the mellow color-keyed buckle with integral roller -- looks nice with jeans and isn't overly 'dressy.' Comparable belts sell for twice this price in local stores. I honestly can't find any fault at all with this product -- five stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Inherently Flawed, November 21, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great belt so far!, October 6, 2012
Very nice looking belt! A bit wide and thick, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Hoping the quality will stay true over time, I'll update this post if not. Usually the "leather" belts I buy are just cheap leather with a coating that start to peel after a while making the belt look terrible. This one looks durable enough though.

I bought the 36" waist belt even though I have closer to a 33" waist. My dickies "leather" belt was a 36" and there were enough holes to synch it down to a 33", even 32". This one however is pretty true to size. It has extra holes on the larger side, only about 2 on the lower side. I'm on the last hole and still losing weight. I have a leather punch so it's not really a big deal, just something to look for when sizing your belts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Belt, August 9, 2012
This is a plain belt made from a single piece of leather. Nothing to come apart or crack. Very basic but very good. Just what I had wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great look and feel. Order true size, June 14, 2013
This review is from: Dockers Men's 38mm Leather Bridle Belt (Apparel)
I love the way the leather of this belt feels. It's not too stiff nor flimsy, but just right. The darker gradient along the edges is more prominent than shown in the photo but I like it. It gives the belt a little more style. The one thing I'm very glad I did was read the reviews before ordering. I have a size 38 waist and normally buy size 40 belts. After reading how this belt sizes a bit larger, I ordered a size 38 and hoped I had made the right decision. The belt arrived and fits just right. This belt fits me perfectly when using the center hole. That leaves two holes of wiggle room in either direction in case I lose or, hopefully not, gain a few pounds. The quality of the belt and buckle feels top notch. Very satisfied with this purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Feels Cheap, Fake Leather, February 21, 2014
This belt feels like it is made out of plastic or some kind of composite material.

Imagine what a leather belt looks like and feels like; this belt does not look and feel like that. Period.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a joke, March 30, 2014
Rob R. (St. Charles, Missouri) - See all my reviews
Complete garbage. Didn't even bother to put it on because it is that crappy cardboard 'leather' that will crack in half the first time you buckle it. Put it back in the bag and printed out a return label. Save yourself the sheet of paper that it costs to send this thing back and just find something better. If you find a real leather one let me know, I had one that lasted 12 years and the stitching came out, I'm still looking for a replacement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good leather belt, February 14, 2014
From the picture and description I expected a soft, supple leather belt. It's very hard and cardboard feeling. I'm not really convinced that it is even leather - it seems just like those really cheap cardboard plastic belts.

Dockers Men's 38mm Leather Bridle Belt