5.0 out of 5 stars Way Better
Published on September 16, 2012 by Peter M. Rutkauskas

1.0 out of 5 stars The Arch Support Feature Strangles My Feet
Published on September 29, 2012 by Tom H

1.0 out of 5 stars The Arch Support Feature Strangles My Feet, September 29, 2012
I had been buying another brand of socks for a number of years, but there was something (that I won't go into here) about them that I did not like. So I decided to try a pair of Dockers socks. I bought two 6-packs of Dockers socks. I LOVED THEM!!!! I was fully convinced these were the socks I would buy forever - or until they were no longer available. So after a while I went out and bought some more. But the new ones were different. They had this 'arch support' thing that another reviewer referred to as the 'stretchy band'. It is a band of tighter elastic that is intended to support the arch of the foot. I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS ARCH SUPPORT FEATURE. IT STRANGLES MY FEET. When I took my socks off after wearing them all day I had impressions from the socks in my skin. Why would I want to wear a vice squeezing my foot all day long. Okay, okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit; just having a little fun. But I am just so irritated about this feature. Maybe for some people, this is a good thing. But for me, with no foot problems at all, I not only do not need this feature, but, in the words of the Grinch, I utterly loathe it.

I loved the Dockers socks WITHOUT the arch support feature. But this arch support thing is torture to my feet. If someone can tell me where to find the other types of Dockers socks WITHOUT the 'arch support', 'stretchy band' thing, it would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I wear a size 9 shoe - just so no one thinks the problem is that I have enormous feet.

My confession: I have only reviewed 2 products, and both have been negative (one star). I guess it's because I feel very strongly about it. However, in both cases, I fully applauded the product before a change in the product occurred. But the change was an absolute deal killer for me. In the case of the Dockers, maybe the socks without the 'arch support' feature are still available and I just am unable to locate them. I hope that is the case because I would give them a 5 star rating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed Fan, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Dockers Men's 6-Pack Performance Crew Socks (Apparel)
I have been buying Docker Crew socks for many years. They always fit well and held up to the daily pounding. I purchased a 6-pack of the new variety last month, and I couldn't be more disappointed. They have significantly reduced the quality of the socks. I held a pair of the old ones and the new ones together and could immediately tell that they had wiped out the old quality. I did a test on them by placing one of the old socks on my postage scale and it weighed 2.9oz. (After a year of use) Then I put the new style on the scale and it weighed 1.9oz. That's over 35% reduction in the amount of material that they are using. I also looked closely at the socks after the first time that I wore them and noticed that they were already frizzing at the ends of the toes. To add insult to injury, the price has also gone up from a year ago, so they're selling us less sock for more money.
Because of the lack of material, they put an elastic squeeze part in the middle of the sock to try to keep it on your foot. It doesn't work very well. I often wear 2 pair of sock with my work boots. Whenever I wear one of these new pair of socks, they always bunch up inside, and then they fall off my foot when I remove the outer sock. Neither of these problems ever occurred before they changed them.
Would love to find a bunch of the old kind, but they seem to not be made anymore. I'm sure some Docker VP is patting himself on the back for making cheaper socks and charging more for them, but he isn't ever going to get my money again...

2.0 out of 5 stars Definitely lower quality!, August 30, 2013
Like many people, I bought these because I've had good luck with Dockers socks in the past. Not this time! These are very flimsy, and although some of the description says "cotton", the truth is lower down: "cotton/polyester blend".

I've given them 2 stars instead of 1, because I recently went on a trip and the socks' extreme flimsiness made them easier to pack and wash on the road. But overall I won't buy these again. If you are used to the older, thick cotton Dockers socks, be warned!

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap quality, December 9, 2012
Not like the old version of the same socks. The originals were thick and tight. These are huge, thin, shapeless.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dockers Men's 3-Pack Sport Crew Socks vs. Dockers Men's 6-Pack Athletic Crew Socks, January 13, 2014
I think folks disappointed with the
Dockers Men's 6-Pack Athletic Crew Socks
may have been used to Dockers Men's 3-Pack Sport Crew Socks

Product Descriptions say,
Dockers Men's 6-Pack Athletic Crew Socks:
Dockers performance crew socks with odor inhibiting, arch support, full cushion shock absorption, all motion comfort superior fit and come 6to a pack. Fit sizes 8-12. International Shipping Prohibited. Cotton/Polyester Blend.

Dockers Men's 3-Pack Sport Crew Socks:
All Motion Comfort, Full Cushion, Antimicrobial wash-inhibits growth of odor causing bacteria
The dockers sport crew is America's favorite sport crew. with its soft cotton blend and durable construction, this is the ultimate casual sock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way Better, September 16, 2012
I love this brand of socks. My feet are a size 7 1/2 and most brands I've tried,the heel of the sock ends up sticking out the back of my shoes because they also fit a size 12. Well, these ones conform to my smaller feet much better. This issue doesn't happen. Theres a stretchy band that runs around the arch area that holds the socks in place while putting shoes on. Plus they are very comfortable and keep my feet dry. Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars wore it once, July 22, 2013
I have liked the Dockers sports socks in other colors, so I ordered the white ones, but wore one pair of these once and there was a hole in the toe of one sock when I took my shoes off at the end of the day. They seem thinner and less well made than the colored Dockers socks.

2.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment, October 16, 2014
My husband had purchased Dockers Crew socks in the past. They were a great quality, cushiony and comfy. These are nowhere near the quality of what they used to be. These are so thin, so cheap, he put a hole in one just putting it on. Don't waste your money on these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, May 10, 2014
Material quite thin. More like a dress sock than an athletic sock. Were one to expect to be able to play golf in these, for example, there would be no foot cushioning whatsoever. I also suspect they will wear through in the heels quite quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great, October 2, 2011
No problems. Item arrived as promised. Socks were exactly what I wanted and less expensive than retail stores. Very comfortable, soft and not too thick. Actually, somewhat thinner than other Docker socks I have bought, but that was fine with me.