Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 5, 2011
THESE SHOES HAVE LEAST THAN TWO MONTHS OF USE AND THEY STARTED PEEL AND BREAK THE LEATHER, SEEMS THAT IS NOT REAL LEATHER IT LOOKS LIKE ARTIFICIAL LEATHER. BUT A BAD ONE, IT STARTED PEEL,, IT LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE A PLASTIC IN UPPER INSTEAD OF LEATHER
55 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2013
I polish my shoes every couple days and treat the leather as I have all of my other dress shoes. I work in a nice restaurant and this is just part of life. These are the first shoes I have ever bought that started to crack within months. The top of the shoes just started to crack apart like I had been cleaning them with bleach and comet every night. I basically got about two months out of these and had to throw them away. Buy redwings or something that is real and better quality leather.
on January 25, 2012
I am a physician. I wore these shoes to my office only, no rough use. I purchased them in September 2011 from Sears.com and the upper started cracking in 2 months. Now there is a large gash on both shoes. I do not believe that the upper is genuine leather. These shoes are a waste of your hard earned money.
P.S. I just called Dockers and they are mailing me a prepaid voucher for me to send the shoes back to them for quality inspection.
on January 27, 2016
These shoes are great for all work environments. They're classy for the office, they go well with your Sunday attire, and they are comfortable to wear at a job where you're always on your feet. The only problem? They don't last too long. After only a few months of wear, one of the shoes started to split on the top with the stitching. This would have had me still give the shoes 2 - 2 1/2 stars with being so comfortable, since shoes of this price should at least provide 1/2 - 3/4 of a year of constant wear. However, I give the product only 1 star due to Dockers pretty much discrediting one of the 2 shoes having a defect and quickly attributed the split to "normal wear and tear." If this is what is to be expected from a shoe after only a few months, then I will always remember to spend with my wallet and not ever trust Dockers for a quality shoe product again.
on March 10, 2016
I bought a pair of Docker's dress shoes around this time last year for a similar price that were comfortable, looked good, and really lasted. This pair is by far the WORST pair of shoes I have ever bought in my life.

Where to start?

#1 - These shoes are plastic. I can't even describe what these shoes are made of, but it's about 10 steps BELOW pleather. As they wear the outer shiny layer cracks, and you can see the lighter layer below. Horrible material that gives off a toxic, plastic smell. Is there a law against using BPA in shoes?

#2 - Noisy! Since they are more or less plastic they make a LOT fo noise as you walk through the office. Everyone will look at you and wonder why you are so cheap you bought plastic dress shoes.

#3 - Uncomfortable! Again, these don't wear like normal shoes - as they waear the material kind of folds into itself creating sharp pressure points. Wearing these for 10-12 hours is torturous.

The one good thing I can say about these shoes is they taught me a valuable lesson. The way I see it, the money I spent on these shoes was an elective course on why you should NOT skimp on something important like dress shoes for the office. Lesson learned!
on July 6, 2011
I'm really disappointed with these shoes, I bought two pairs thinking Dockers was a good brand, but in a few months of relative short wear, they start to peel!

Both of them start to degrade in the same place (in the top of the shoe) I have to throw them. They result in two unusable shoes.

Besides the peeling and broken leather, they look old real quick, definitely not recommended.
on November 9, 2015
I saw this one in one of the stores and that was $10 expensive; hence I bought online. Things are okay but I wish if it was a bit wider from the front.

Please note - this is a bit heavy shoe which may not be a bad thing. Also heavyness is relative. I called it little heavy because the other one that I have is super light.

The grip with the ground is pretty good and they look nice.
on February 24, 2015
I just started wearing these at the office. I am rough with my shoes so I need something heavier duty than standard office shoes but professional to wear at a corporate office. These fit the bill for looks and so far they are comfortable. Time will tell as to durability but I've had dockers in the past and they lasted a decent amount of time; as much as you can expect out of $50 pair of shoes.
on July 15, 2015
Took about 4 weeks to break in. Then after about 6 months of wearing I noticed a cut near the toe. Only then did I realize when they say 'leather' they really mean 'a thin skin of leather wrapped over some man-made material'. This think skin of leather will soon pull off the whole shoe. Yuck! Pitiful!
on May 30, 2014
I'm on my feet all day, and am required to dress professionally. These shoes are not only comfy to wear on those long shifts, but look great too! I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the pictures don't accurately depict how blunt the toe is. The photos make these shoes appear to be more pointed than they really are, and I wasn't looking for a blunt toe... but was pleased with my purchase nonetheless. For the price, quality, and looks, you really can't beat this shoe.

See 1 answered question