Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on August 5, 2014
The Never Iron "Essential" Dockers have been my go to pants for years. Great for work. I decided to try the Iron Free which is essentially the same fit with minor differences in the fly. Both have button and hook attachments with a little different design. The Never Iron is 100% cotton while the Iron Free is 80%. The Never Iron feels a bit nicer, but looks are about the same, and with different color options on both pants you can have more options. I'm happy with these pants and they really don't feel like a step down. I'm also happy that Dockers added the 34x31 size, as the 34x32 was always a fraction long and I wore the pants out by stepping on them occasionally. That said I subtracted a star because I had to return one of the three pairs I ordered. All were the same size but one was very tight while the other two fit perfect. The foil color was the tight one, though I doubt the issue was color related.
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2013
I hate, hate, HATE ironing. I also don't like wearing pants to work that develop wrinkles throughout the day. I have liked my previous D3 Classic Fit Dockers, but wanted the never-iron wrinkle-free for my purchase. Unfortunately, they don't seem to sell those features along with the comfort-fit expanding waistband. Not that I plan on ballooning my weight or anything, but sometimes getting out of a chair or kneeling/bending oddly calls for some flex in the waist. That's my only dislike about this pair of pants.

All my previous black pants slowly fade to just barely being discernible from similar navy pants... I have enough trouble telling dark navy/black socks from one-another in the morning, and don't have time for the same with pants. I washed these, when they were brand-new, and threw in some extra of those "color catching" laundry sheets; absolutely nothing on them! I was very surprised that a new pair of black pants held the color that well the first wash. The color-fastness touted in the description is legit- I've washed these a few times already, and the color-staying has surpassed my expectations.

I would recommend they to anything who wants a good pair of low-maintenance pants for work or what-have-you, so long as you don't mind a little more walking-noise, and a bit more static. I think this is due to the synthetic component of the fabric, but they are still breathable and comfy that I don't mind.
11 comment16 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2014
Pants fit great and were pretty true to size (maybe a skosch long), but I sent these back versus the "never irons" (which are 100% cotton) because of the material. These "new iron" are a certain % recycled polyester, which probably has great long-term and care benefits, but it also makes them "swishy." It's not only when you brush against it, but even when you walk sit up/down, they sounded too much like rain pants to me.
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2014
Must disagree with the majority of the reviewers here. Maybe the pair I got were a fluke, but I have to rate the quality as very low: MATERIAL - wore them for only a week, washed once, and the surface of the material is showing wear. NO IRON - not really. Came out of the dryer with many more wrinkles than my prior experience with NO IRON. Crease was still there, but so were a lot of wrinkles. WORKMANSHIP - the pants are secured above the fly with a button and a clip. The portion of the clip (male) came of the pants on day 2. This is a $9.99 pair of pants. Not at all what I expected from the DOCKER line. Will not buy again. I purchased mine at MACY's and not AMAZON, but the review still applies.
on October 15, 2014
My husband needed new slacks for work, and I ordered these based upon the Dockers name, the fact that they claim that they are "no iron", and that sizes with Docker brands tend to be true to size. I ordered 4 slacks, all 4 fit great, and the colors are really nice. I ordered the grey, which is a very dark grey (almost black). I also ordered the navy blue (again, very dark and almost black - had to hold it under a light in the house to make sure it was navy blue). The khaki color was more of a darker color or a "winter" khaki versus a lighter summer color of khaki (I hope this makes sense since khaki seems to have a broad spectrum of hues.) I haven't washed them yet, so I don't know how well the "no iron" feature really works. For now, 4 stars for the fit, colors, and price. Stay tuned for a later star update based upon the "no iron" feature.

UPDATE 12/2/14:
The "no iron" feature does not work, unless I'm too fussy. My husband has a conference, and I would not want him to take the slacks that look like he slept in them. Maybe I did something wrong in washing, drying and removing from the dryer right away to avoid wrinkles..... Maybe I need to use my old-fashioned pants stretchers to eliminate the ironing.... (I use these on my jeans and they work great - downside is you need to plan ahead so that they can air dry.)

Overall, I give it 4 stars for fit, and 1 star for "no iron".
on September 22, 2014
The material feels great, but the quality control has some issues. The first pair sent to me fit perfectly. I have several older pair of the D3s that I am finally retiring (long overdue, actually), and figured the comfort band would help alleviate some of the issues of around the waist where occasional my underwear or belt may chafe. As expected, these did the trick. The problem, however, I first noticed were all these loose threads hanging off various seams and just loose cut threads on the pants. I didn't really think anything of it until I got dressed for work, cutting off several loose threads and taking a lint roller to the rest, and then at work I found several more loose threads. That's when I worried about the quality.

I contacted Amazon, and as the champs they are, sent a replacement pair. No loose threads on this pair. Again, fit perfectly, and the fabric feels great to the touch. After a few days of wearing the new pants, the stitching near the comfort band tore. It's really in a random spot and I am not entirely sure when it gave or I just didn't notice it. I debating on just sewing it back together or replacing these pair again.
on September 27, 2013
The fit and quality of the pants is great. However, the pant is not truly "no iron". Out of the dryer there were a few wrinkles that required a quick iron, however, overall the pants met my expectation.
on July 8, 2014
My husband loves these pants - they are soft, they are comfy and fit great! I love these pants because they wash well, don't fade, and also do not need ironing!!!! :: cheers :: Did I mention I detest ironing??
on April 3, 2014
I wear a 36x32, and had to go with the 38 for a normal size. I have a few other dockers, but the iron free seem a bit tighter cut.
on September 1, 2014
I buy these pants every school year. Each year I buy new pants to start another year of school(I am a teacher). I buy them in four colors and every single year they fit as expected and hold up to all the chaos that education brings in the middle school. Great look and great feel that allow me to be active while still looking professional.

Will never buy any other pants as I know these are as described and are high quality.

See 1 answered question