5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes - despite the insole issues
Published on January 6, 2010 by Rik D

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm gell'n
Published on March 16, 2011 by Honest

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes - despite the insole issues, January 6, 2010
I've worn this model every day for at least 2 years now. Once i got the first pair, i got hooked. The soft outer sole means they are very comfortable, they don't mark, and the heals don't grind down. I used to throw out perfectly good dress shoes every 6mo because the heals (hard plastic) were getting lopsided and it was cheaper to get a new shoe than fix them. These are much tougher. Infact, i just finally replaced my very first pair and you could still see some of the original grooves on the bottom.

The tan ones do scuff easily, but i have found that the Kiwi Express Shoe Shine Sponge makes them look good as new in about 10 seconds flat.

As for the Gel insoles...the clear plastic cover does break, but they don't "leak" or "explode"...they just make the area around the tear kinda sticky. I've only had one pair do that after about 12 months of wear. I've since swapped all the insoles out with Dr Scholls "Work"...the near perfect combo for me!

One last note. They do stretch a bit width-wise. So buy the right length and they should get more comfortable after a few days. BTW, I wear a 13 in Nike but buy 12 in this shoe. Hope that helps.

Bottom Line: Buy them. They are half the price of most other dress shoes I've owned, easily twice the comfort, and last twice as long.

5.0 out of 5 stars after a week, they are the best!, December 19, 2008
i love these shoes. although, i must say, i needed to break them in. i am a flight attendant. so i am on my feet for 12-20 hours a day. i only need to break these in for a few days. was worth it. these are so comfortable. when i buy these again, i will break them in at home. these can be worn with a uniform, or jeans. i hope these are always avaiable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy - and I'm a shoe hoar, July 11, 2012
Yes, I know "hoar" is wrong spelling but you get my meaning.

I became interested in finding discount brands of dress shoes for work for the last few years. Over the last 20 years or so I had always gone on shopping trips to places like Vancouver BC and outlet malls around the Pacific NW to find solid name brand shoes that looked good. Brands like Aldo & Ken Cole have been my favorites and I tend to enjoy the European styling with interesting hem lines and long narrow toes.

I made the initial mistake of buying a pair of "Deli Aldo" shoes off Amazon, which looked nice in the picture but literally fell apart after 4 weeks of wear. You somewhat get what you pay for and I find that the sub $50 price point usually gets you a complete and utter piece of dung. You have been warned about "Deli Aldo"- they are NOT Aldo. In fact, now that I think about it... they are not shoes.

So with a bit of trepidation I ordered these Dockers, a brand I have never tried due to my own stereotypcial views about Dockers brand, but I needed a comfortable pair of shoes for the office (and I'm on my feet @ 6 hours a day).

Initial thoughts: YMMV as to delivery time but I got them quickly. The shoes were well packaged with paper and cardboard inners to hold the shape and some typical marketing flair inside the shoe box. I was initially concerned that the shoes were wrapped in plastic - and I really hoped they didn't reek of chemical glue like some of the cheaper pairs I've purchased before (where the sole was simply and sloppily glued to the upper to quickly fall apart- and stunk embarassingly like a Dow factory). Fortunately, I just unwrapped the plastic and caught the sweet smell of the ghost of cow and the leather looked nice to boot.

I found the toe of these shoes seemed a little more 'bulbous' than some of the other styles I've been used to so you won't look like one of Santa's elves in these. The style is a classic American style and they definitely look more expensive than the actual price tag. The leather upper will bend and show some creasewear as they are broken in - I prefer to use mink oil to help along the wear-in of the leather upper. I like the heel a lot, its not too wide and the rubberized soles are grippy and more importantly - QUIET. I personally don't enjoy telegraphing my every move on hard surfaces and these shoes don't squeak and they don't clack, so that's a plus for me.

FYI I'm 6'1 , 235lbs and over 40. I wear size 11 1/2 and ordered my exact size and it fits like a glove - with a little wiggle room for my toes. The stretch material keeps the tongue snug on your foot and I find it comfortable - make sure you wear quality socks and you will love ANY pair of shoes more. Finally the gel heel is sweet. I hate gravity sometimes and these shoes have excellent cushion from toe, to ball to heel.

Over the last few decades I've moved from working in restaurants to offices and I feel this shoe would be a great fit for anybody who is on their feet but needs/wants a business professional styled shoe. My thanks to the other positive reviewers who sold me on this pair- as buying shoes online can often be a shot in the dark. Good call you guys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice pair of everyday slip ons, January 26, 2009
I have to admit these are a very nice pair of Slip ons if you need to wear them daily. They have a cushioned sole and fit really nicely. I bought mine right before winter and looks like they will last for at least another 2 years.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm gell'n, March 16, 2011
Honest (Hillsboro, Wisconsin, US) - See all my reviews
I found the shoes to be very comfortable and liked the fit. They seem to wear well. I have one major concern. As was stated by at least one other person, the gel pad on the heel part began to leak. This kind of gell'n does not make for a pleasant change in an otherwise miserable day. This seems to be an area they will have to remedy. I had to cut out the gel pads in order to continue to wear the shoes. Both gel pads leaked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Son Loves these shoes, December 10, 2011
My adult son loves these shoes for work. They are very comfortable and he will wear them just about everyday. This is his 2nd pair I have bought and will surprise him at Christmas with them. Keep in mind that they run large - where he normally wears a 12 to 12 1/2 he wears an 11 1/2 in this brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Purchase At Amazon..., June 20, 2013
Ordered these on April 17, 2013, received them 2-3 days later. I had already owned these shoes, and was the primary shoe I had worn for the past 2-2.5 years at work. I was amazed at the longevity/durability and the overall comfort of the shoe, so I decided to get a new pair thinking I would get similiar performance out of my new pair. I've worn my new ones ordered through Amazon for 6-7 weeks and the sole came undone from the upper. At first I was thinking, no big deal, Amazon typically backs their products...not the case with this purchase...Amazon won't do a thing for me...Seems like a great investment (sarcasm)...I am an Amazon Prime Member, I paid good money for a pair of shoes, and they lasted less than 2 months. Won't be purchasing any clothing or shoes from Amazon again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Got a manufacturers defect, October 24, 2014
Today is October 24, 2014. I received this shoe after I ordered it from Amazon on October 2, 2014. I work in a bank so the use is very light, but on the left side, at the heel, the sole is separating from the shoe! I couldn't believe it. I thought I felt some flapping and I looked down and was completely shocked. I normally wear Rockports but I thought I try these dockers. they look nice and they're fairly comfortable. I hope they have some kind of guarantee. I've only had um for 3 weeks. What makes it worse is that I already threw away my old shoes... I'm extremely disappointed

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst shoe I have ever owned!, August 24, 2013
I have purchased this style and brand of shoe in the past at a local retailer and loved it. They lasted me a few years. I purchased these ones 2 and a half months ago and they are beyond wearable now. The gel pads are broken, the threading is coming apart and there are holes on the bottom of both shoes. Not little holes but parts of the shoe are actually missing. The only thing I liked was when I got them they fit very well but shortly after that it went down hill. I would not recommend this shoe to anyone ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe for the money, November 29, 2007
The shoe fits well, feels great, and looks good. Dockers makes a shoe as good as they come and at a fair price. I had tried on a pair at a local store so I knew what size didn't fit. I found the correct size at a better price (and no taxes) on line. Got to love that. The size was true to the other Docker shoes I have.