5.0 out of 5 stars Indestructable!
Published on November 14, 2009 by gante

3.0 out of 5 stars OK FOR THE PRICE
These shoes felt broken in from the get-go. They run large; even with a pair of insoles, I wear them with medium-weight socks, as anything thinner would mean my feet have too much freedom inside the shoes. The interior is synthetic, but it does a fine job at wicking away moisture.

The rubber soles wear well, though I've been using taps to extend their life...
Published on November 20, 2010 by A. Falcon

5.0 out of 5 stars Indestructable!, November 14, 2009
gante (Austin, Texas) - See all my reviews
I have a pair of the shoes that I received as a gift a few years ago. The typical life for a pair of shoes is normally very short for me. Either the heel comes off (because I tend to pry them off without first untying them) or the sole splits just under the ball of the foot. But these Dockers are the toughest shoes I have ever worn. All the stitching has held and they show no signs of coming apart as I have become accustomed to with my shoes. And since they do hold up so well, the leather just looks and feels better and better as time passes.

I got a second pair intending to replace the old ones, but ended up sticking them in the closet for now. The old pair still feels and looks great so I will continue wearing them until they wear out. If they can wear out. These shoes are tough.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK FOR THE PRICE, November 20, 2010

The rubber soles wear well, though I've been using taps to extend their life. Initially the leather uppers looked good, but with time they have become less attractive (I've had the shoes for a year). High-quality leather uppers improve with age and generally develop fine, delicate creases with use. These leather uppers, on the other hand, have developed coarse, unsightly creases; they look like crinkled vinyl. For the record, I use shoe trees in these shoes. On the plus side, the shoes are adept at repelling water. When wet, the leather appears rough, but once dry it turns back to normal.

In short, these are fine for occasional use or for a brisk walk in the rain. They'll serve you well for a while, but don't expect too much.

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but soles wear out fast!, January 13, 2013
I bought this pair in a 10 medium. They looked good and felt good on my feet. However, as other reviewers have said, the soles wear out fast within a couple of weeks! I don't recommend these shoes.
Dockers needs to strengthen the soles.

4.0 out of 5 stars good shoes, June 17, 2007
Comfortable when standing most of the day. Soles tend to wear out a little quick.

1.0 out of 5 stars Juggernauts...or at least they used to be, September 6, 2012
After 4 years, I finally replaced my old pair. I have owned these shoes for less than 4 months now. Already, a hole is beginning to form near the balls of my feet. This is incredible considering the same pair previously lasted 4 years! I could tell almost immediatly that Dockers must have changed something because of how quickly the shoes were wearing out. I have contacted the company with my complaint.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice value, odd sizing, October 12, 2011
Many years ago I had a pair of Levis chukka boots that lasted longer than any other shoes I've had. I needed some new shoes and couldn't find anything I wanted where I live now, overseas. I bought these shoes based on the size of other shoes I recently purchased, Bass Weejuns and Allen-Edmonds. I've always worn an 8D in Weejuns Logan, and to be on the safe side I purchased an 8.5D in Allen-Edmonds Wilbert. Both of these shoes fit fine, although the A-E shoes were just a bit long. These Dockers shoes seem well made, the oiled leather works well when out in the rain or with spills, and I think they will wear well. The problem is that I ordered an 8.5M, and while the width is perfect the shoes are not long enough; my toes are right at the end of the shoe and jam into the end when I walk. I need at least a 9 maybe 9.5M for these shoes to fit well. My other complaint is that the material on the inside of the shoe at the back on the heel, to keep the heel from slipping, rubs my heel raw; much worse than any other shoe I've had. Maybe that will improve as one wears the shoes, but I'm going to have to purchase another pair because even though I like the shoe they are one size too short for me.

As an additional note the Amazon size chart is useless from a buyers perspective. The sizing is off quite a bit. According to my measurements I'd need a size 10 shoe (I've never worn anything longer than a 9.5 in any shoe size). This sizing may be done to ensure that the shoe is not too short, as you may be more willing to return shoes that are too short rather than too long.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4th Pair in 5 years, May 26, 2011
Great Shoe because they are extremely comfortable AND they work in both casual and semi-formal situations, read tie, no tie.

Also these shoes help my planters fasciitis without the expensive shoe insoles. Best of all these shoes have great traction for all terrain and floors.

I wear these shoes everyday. These shoes last just over a year... which is good because I walk allot.

One downside is they scuff easily.

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID! Flimsiest soles ever., July 3, 2012
I've had mine for a barely a month, and I am extremely disappointed how quickly the soles have worn. The soles feel like they are made from the same materials as flip-flop soles. The soles on these have worn so quickly that I will probably only get about another 2 or 3 months out of them.

I will NOT be buying Dockers again when I have to replace these, or ever again, for that matter. My shoes before this pair lasted me two years. This is unacceptable, Dockers! Customers expect much better quality for the higher price associate with your brand name.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality has gone downhill, March 31, 2014
I bough two pairs of these, to replace to pairs of "identical" oxfords I bought last year. The previous versions were great, which is why I went for two more of the same. Big mistake; not only are they less comfortable overall, one pair is smaller than other pair (both are supposedly the same size), and that pair REALLY kills my feet. It was a little late to send them back by the time I realized how much worse they were. That's what you get for ordering shoes online, I suppose...back to brick & mortar, even though I hate shopping for shoes in stores...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, January 25, 2012
I like these shoes enough that I bought a second and a third pair. This time I ordered both the brown and the black versions. I find that all of Dockers products are vey well made and are great for casual or general business wear. These are made of good quality leather uppers. The soles are soft rubber so they don't make noise when walking on hard surfaces. My previous pair lasted through a year and a half of daily wear. The soles were the only thing that gave way to the constant wear. They didn't crack or break apart, just wore thin. Another plus is that these are comfortable right out of the box. No break-in period required.

Rate and Discover Movies