4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pant but Variations in Fit
Published on September 22, 2010 by Mathematician

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fit; Quality has fallen
The good: Dockers makes khakis for skinny men, with a good range of inseam lengths. These fit me quite well.

Published on September 2, 2010 by S. Steiner

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fit; Quality has fallen, September 2, 2010
This review is from: Dockers Men's Signature Khaki D1 Slim Fit Flat Front Pant (Apparel)

The bad: The sewing and fabric is of a poorer quality than before. It looks as if headquarters figured that they could make money in the recession only if they switched to a lower tier of suppliers, or asked the old suppliers to do it faster, with lower-quality fabric. The cotton is getting fuzzy on my new D1 and D2 Dockers in a way my old Dockers (here next to me) and my LL Beans (ditto) never did, even now. The length of the cotton fibers controls this, and when the company pays more for fabric, they get longer, more stable fibers that don't fuzz or pill. They don't drape as well as they did before, either. They drape like discount-quality pants, which is what they have become, I guess.

The sewing is not as good as before, in every seam. Just doesn't compare. There are stray threads in a few places, there is not enough thread on some seams, and I can see too much thread where I shouldn't. The front buttonhole was not sewed tight, and the button is becoming undone; I have only worn these D1s maybe 10 times, mind you. The buttons fell off my LL Bean's too, but after several years! And they cost about the same.

The belt loop is bigger than before, but now it is too big. For jeans I understand that some people wear a 2" belt. But for nice-looking khakis? I mean, these are not work pants. Far from it. They aren't tough enough. The waistband is 1.25" wide, and the loops drop 0.75" below that. I wouldn't say it looks silly with a normal belt, but close.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pant but Variations in Fit, September 22, 2010
Fit and Performance: If you are a thin guy like I am then these are the pants for you. I have trouble finding pants that don't look like I'm swimming in them. Most of the D1 pants I have bought fit me perfectly all over and they look great! I wear them to work in the office. I hope Dockers never quits making the D1 fit. The pants are a great value and I have purchased them in almost every color. However, recently I have noticed that each color wears and fits slightly different and that Dockers is making the waist size of the pant 1-2 inches larger. This is not good for guys like me that are size 28. Bigger guys can always go up 1-2 sizes; I cannot.
The very first Khaki pair I ordered fits perfectly. However, they lose their polished look after 15+ washes.
The most recent Navy color pair I bought to replace my older pair are larger in the waist (at least 1-2 inches) than the other D1 pants I've ordered before. I wear them as my dressier pants. However, I don't need them to fit 1-2 inches larger all over. Since I am a size 28, I can't go down 1-2 sizes.
Olive colored D1 pants fit entirely on the other end of the spectrum. They are tighter in the rear. The threads holding them together are constructed well however, since they are constructed with only 1 seam in the rear I am afraid of splitting the rear when I bend over.
Black: Why khaki colored pockets in black pants? Dockers need to make the pant pockets blacks. Otherwise, they look like cheap discount store pants. Besides this, they look okay as dress pants however; they lose their sheen after numerous washes.
Branch: This color fit perfectly. A nice reddish brown color with the continental fit. The material is slightly thinner than the other colors however; they come out of the dryer nicely.
Gray: Nice continental fit and polished appearance. The legs of these D1 pants I bought are more tapered than the prior pairs I own. Having thin legs as I do that is good for me however; they likely won't fit someone with tree truck legs or big butt.
Cloud: These fit me like the branch color ones. They look great for Spring/Summer pants or for boating/golfing.
Quality: Dockers should consider reinforcing the seams in some of the critical areas of the pants. They use only one stitch and the thread on the seams shows in some areas on the khaki and black colored pants.
Fit: Recommend that Dockers keep the D1 fit as they originally made them. All sizes should measure exactly the number of inches in the waist that is stated on the tag. Dockers please don't mess up a product that is already good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the usual Docker quality, March 5, 2010
I've bought Docker pants for many years for my husband. They have lasted a good long time. He has slim hips so I was excited when they came out with the slim fit. I bought 5 pair--1 for each day of his work week. Three buttons have broken---not com unsewn. Two have worn thin in spots and cannot be worn anymore. I replaced one pair so that makes 6 bought in all. So after a few months, he is now down to two out of the 6 that were bought. I can't find slims in any other brand and they look so much better on him than the regular fit but it just isn't worth my money to keep replacing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars How brave are you?, June 14, 2011
Granted these are for the slim fellas and slim I am not.
I'm 5'8, about 180, 27" legs...I'm not really that fat in the waist area anymore so I decided to give these a whirl since slimmer fits are back in and not just for the skinny guys.
Well.....you better be feeling PRETTY confident cause these pants don't have many secrets.
I think I'll stick with the D2, these got me a few too many stares lol.
Still, they're what you expect from Dockers.
They wear well, hold their color well and wash well.
Weight lifters might want to try them first unless you're going out to a club lol.
For daily wear at work, they were a tad too snug for me.
Oh well, at least the butt didn't rip out and that's always a positive. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, questionable quality, September 15, 2010
Ed Zander (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I have bought 5 pairs of the Signature D1 slim fit Dockers from a local department store and Amazon.com. I am very happy to finally find a pair pants that fit well, usually I find pants (especially casual pants) are too baggy on me. I did have to return one pair of pants because the zipper broke after just one wearing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dockers Mens Signature D1 Slim Fit Pant, January 30, 2011
These pants are not as slim in the seat and leg as I was expecting. But it is hard to find slim fit pants today.
The button hole was too small for the button. My choices were to make the button hole bigger, sew on a smaller button or return the pants. The material feels nice but is a magnet for lint. We kept the pants because it is
difficult to find slim fit pants. But I expected more from Dockers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mismanufactured Dockers, September 21, 2011
Length:: 1:12 Mins

Dockers that took 3 weeks to arrive and then recieved a mismanufactured product

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit and great quality, November 7, 2013
I hate khaki pants because they usually never fit me (waist too tight, length too long, leg opening is too wide). These slim fit khakis have solved all of my problems. It fits me like no other khakis have. It's a little pricier than I would normally spend on a pair of pants but I can't argue with the quality. No more parachute pants for me!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware: Sizing is a Disaster, March 28, 2012
I should have read more reviews before I bought these, because they were right. I'm not sure how these pants could have made it out of the factory, let alone be sold by Amazon. The sizing is impossibly small at the waist (I thought I was sent children's pants by mistake). I usually wear slim fit 32/33W pants so I ordered the 33W to be safe. Wow, I could barely get them up to my waist! Needless to say, it was physically impossible to fasten them, with inches separating the closure. I had to take out a tailor's tape measure and the actual pant waist measured 29 inches!! Yet, they were labeled 33W/30L inside and out. A quality control disaster. Am returning them ASAP but based on the other reviews I don't want to take a chance with reordering, even in a larger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy a size larger for waist, November 15, 2013
Love the way this looks and fit me, slim but not too much like its tailor made.- I bought one at first but had to sent it back cause the waist is too small, that's the thing buy one size larger and it should fit perfectly. I have a small waist so the size that I usually buy sometime fit sightly loose so I didn't believe the other reviews at first but when it arrived it was so tight I had to sent it back which I do really rarely. After I got the waist size right I ordered two more pair.

ARRAY(0xa9ab70fc)