Professional restaurant supplies Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on March 26, 2011
I have been buying Docker's classic pants for many years. Th Never-Iron Essential Classic Pleated model is particularly refined for wearing in professional work situations. It has a trimmer look than other models with a slightly eased and tapered suit-like fit. The pleats add comfort but don't look at all baggy as some pleats can do. The no-iron fabric with a permanent crease looks sharp yet is comfortable, truely never wrinkles, does not look artificial or shiny, and does not require dry cleaning.

The fabric, crease, and deep color (I have the Navy and Black) have held up well through months of repeated washing, including drying on relatively high heat. Even the Dockers' logo is more muted and dignified than on other models.

The one minor criticism I have (and for which I downgraded my rating by one star) is that the waistband on the Never-Iron Essential is much less forgiving than other Dockers models I have owned. This makes me think that it does not have the Dockers "individual fit" feature that I have loved that enabled me to continue to wear the same size even after gaining a few pounds over the years and at holidays. Now, you may need to consider going up a size (or lose the weight) in order to have a comfortable fit. I don't know why Dockers dropped that feature as it is still it on their Signature model, but that model is not as trim looking.

When ordering this or any Dockers men's pants, make sure you select ALL the features you want as there are many variances and it's easy to miss one the code words and end-up with the wrong product - Never-Iron Essential (vs Signature or modern), Classic, Pleated (vs Flat). Fortunately, Amazon return was effortless when that occurred to me.
11 comment|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2011
I bought these for my husband to wear to work and the fabric is just wonderful. No ironing needed here. Pull them out of the dryer and wear.
on March 6, 2015
Sorry I think you change manufacturing company? They are not the size and quality that they used to be. This is the second time around I tried Dockers. Very disappointed. ''

I have been buying Dockers for over twenty years. What I meant to say, is this is the second time I am disappointed. The first time I didn't say anything. Your quality isn't the same as before. The two pair I bought a couple years ago, I had to iron every time I washed them. I didn't say anything. They were suppose to be wrinkle free.
VINE VOICEon February 11, 2013
I buy the never-iron dockers because it is really important to me that i never have to actually touch an iron. I also like the way this Docker's style fits me.

However, with the darker colors I've noticed that they began to fade after only the first washing. now, after about 4 months it looks like the navy color need to be replaced as it has faded quite badly around the belt loops--and it looks shabby. I've bought much cheaper clothing that has been able to retain its color. Further, I always wash these inside-out (and not very frequently, maybe 2x a month) to prevent too much agitation of the outward facing surfaces.

I know cotton pants don't last forever but shouldn't they last a year?
on April 29, 2014
Fits perfectly and feels and looks expensive! Plus is that you don't need to spend an hour ironing them. Just a quick run across a hot iron will do the job in about 1-2 mins. Nothing is ever iron free.
on December 5, 2015
I like Dockers Khaki pants. These are good, solid pants, that need little or no ironing. That was my goal. When I pull them out of the dryer, I smooth 'em down with my hand, hang 'em up, and they're good to go. The fit is fine.

I've been buying and wearing Dockers for quite a few years now. The one thing I've noticed about Dockers pants that I've experienced with at least four pairs so far, is that they have a tendency to fray at certain places over time. Those places are at the pocket, and the hem. Places where the fabric is tightly folded.

This usually happens maybe a year into wear. Maybe nothing lasts forever, but Dockers are the one pant that I have this experience with, and I've had it with all my Dockers. And the hem is always the first place I see it.
on June 1, 2015
At first I thought these were nice pants, that they fit well and looked good, although the material was much shinier than I expected for 100% cotton — not like any khaki pants I've ever had. The one thing I especially disliked was the waist closure, which has a button and a hook — the position of the two is reversed from most pants that I've owned, forcing you to do the button before the hook (i.e. the hook is farther toward the fly opening). I find the button very difficult to get through the buttonhole when putting the pants on or taking them off, even after a couple of washings.

UPDATE: After two washings, these pants have shrunk a full inch in length, turning them into unsightly "high water" pants. They're either going back or to the Goodwill.
on September 16, 2011
I purchased 3 pairs of these pants and they look and feel great. However, one of the clasps has fallen off after only 3 months of use approx. 10 washings. These pants have an inner button and a clasp by the fly if that makes a difference in your purchasing decision.
Definitely better-than-average Dockers. Some of the docker pants are thin, but this pair has a thicker feel and they hold up to washing better. Also, this is the first pair of Dockers that I was able to take out of the dryer (promptly) and hang without ironing. They were crisp and sharp, but they were wearable. The metal clasp is a bit cheap, but it is backed up by a button. These pants also hold up quite well during the day, so you don't end up with crinkled khakis by 5 pm. Overall, some of the better, more professional Dockers I have purchased.
on May 24, 2015
What attracted me to these pants was the color. It is called British Khaki. I have had this color in the past many years ago but for some reason couldn't find the color again recently. Other colors were close but not this exact color. As soon as I got the pants and saw the color I knew that it was the color I had been looking for. As for the rest of the pants; it is a good fit and comfortable to wear. It goes great with a crisp starched white dress shirt.