4.0 out of 5 stars Refined look and excellent quality
Published on March 26, 2011 by Andy S

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice pants but watch the clasp
I purchased 3 pairs of these pants and they look and feel great. However, one of the clasps has fallen off after only 3 months of use approx. 10 washings. These pants have an inner button and a clasp by the fly if that makes a difference in your purchasing decision.
Published on September 16, 2011 by Chris P

4.0 out of 5 stars Refined look and excellent quality, March 26, 2011
Andy S (Washington, DC, USA) - See all my reviews
I have been buying Docker's classic pants for many years. Th Never-Iron Essential Classic Pleated model is particularly refined for wearing in professional work situations. It has a trimmer look than other models with a slightly eased and tapered suit-like fit. The pleats add comfort but don't look at all baggy as some pleats can do. The no-iron fabric with a permanent crease looks sharp yet is comfortable, truely never wrinkles, does not look artificial or shiny, and does not require dry cleaning.

The fabric, crease, and deep color (I have the Navy and Black) have held up well through months of repeated washing, including drying on relatively high heat. Even the Dockers' logo is more muted and dignified than on other models.

The one minor criticism I have (and for which I downgraded my rating by one star) is that the waistband on the Never-Iron Essential is much less forgiving than other Dockers models I have owned. This makes me think that it does not have the Dockers "individual fit" feature that I have loved that enabled me to continue to wear the same size even after gaining a few pounds over the years and at holidays. Now, you may need to consider going up a size (or lose the weight) in order to have a comfortable fit. I don't know why Dockers dropped that feature as it is still it on their Signature model, but that model is not as trim looking.

When ordering this or any Dockers men's pants, make sure you select ALL the features you want as there are many variances and it's easy to miss one the code words and end-up with the wrong product - Never-Iron Essential (vs Signature or modern), Classic, Pleated (vs Flat). Fortunately, Amazon return was effortless when that occurred to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Fabric, October 22, 2011
I bought these for my husband to wear to work and the fabric is just wonderful. No ironing needed here. Pull them out of the dryer and wear.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice pants but watch the clasp, September 16, 2011
This review is from: Dockers Men's Never-Iron Essential-Khaki Classic Pleated Pant (Apparel)

3.0 out of 5 stars i love the never iron part, but they fade too quickly, February 11, 2013
I buy the never-iron dockers because it is really important to me that i never have to actually touch an iron. I also like the way this Docker's style fits me.

However, with the darker colors I've noticed that they began to fade after only the first washing. now, after about 4 months it looks like the navy color need to be replaced as it has faded quite badly around the belt loops--and it looks shabby. I've bought much cheaper clothing that has been able to retain its color. Further, I always wash these inside-out (and not very frequently, maybe 2x a month) to prevent too much agitation of the outward facing surfaces.

I know cotton pants don't last forever but shouldn't they last a year?

5.0 out of 5 stars These pants look nice and are low maintenance and wrinkle resistant. Looks great!, March 16, 2014
When it comes to work pants I choose Dockers 90% of the time because they have earned my trust over the years. I have tried many different styles and types and of course some have been better than others.

These pants are made of 100% cotton and are machine washable. They are true to size and fit me perfectly. I think that’s mostly the reason that I usually choose Dockers pants because I know that I will get the correct size. Some other brands can fit a lot different and are either a size too small or a size to big. These are just perfect. They have a zip fly and a hook and eye closure. They have full pockets in the back that button shut. This is important to me because I can’t stand it when pants have a rear pocket that doesn’t button. I like a comfortable pair of pants but I don’t want them too baggy. The classic fit is perfect for my body type. My only problem with these pants is that the front button is very hard to fasten until you break it in. After several times of wearing them it will start to get easier. This is a fairly common problem as I have purchased many pairs of pants that have been like this.

I am a Supervisor at work and need to always look professional. These pants look very nice. The Navy Blue color is rich and dark and the fabric is very good quality. These pants are wrinkle resistant and usually never have to be ironed if you promptly remove them from the dryer. I am not someone that likes to iron clothes any more than I have to so being wrinkle resistant is very important to me. I am very pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent pants for the office - comfortable and cool, July 7, 2014
Pleated and no cuffs. Nice cotton quality and and stain and wrinkle/iron free material, BUT 100% cotton. So cool and easy to wear. Use them for the office with dress shirts etc. As they were on sale for less than 35 dollar i bought 3 pair :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy - Pretty close to an ironed look, April 18, 2014
I work a lot and have little time for ironing. These are great. Not quite the smooth look of ironed pants, but pretty darn close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit and no need to iron too much, April 29, 2014
Fits perfectly and feels and looks expensive! Plus is that you don't need to spend an hour ironing them. Just a quick run across a hot iron will do the job in about 1-2 mins. Nothing is ever iron free.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective material, June 7, 2013
Wore pants one day, to an office, with chairs...wallet pocket became scratched. The fabric must be defective - pants were not able to withstand what was very gentle wear, in just one day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, May 6, 2014
Washes great and falls as expected when worn. Would definitely buy again.

They need more colors to choose from for the consumer.

Rate and Discover Movies