Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dockers Men's Signature Khaki D3 Classic Fit Flat Front Pant, Black, 34x36
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: 34W x 36L|Color: Black|Change

VINE VOICEon March 30, 2013
I've been wearing Dockers for at least 10 years and I've tried numerous varieties of them. Lately I have been wearing the D2 and D3 types. The difference between the two is that the D3 is cut looser, longer, and has a slight taper. These factors combined with the poly blend fabric make the D3's a better choice for work or dressier occasions. They look good with tucked in long sleeve button down dress shirts and black leather dress shoes. The D2 Dockers have a straight-leg cut that's not as comfortable for me. They also run slightly shorter and look more casual due to being 100% cotton. The poly-blend of the D3's help them stay wrinkle free and hold a crease better. The other difference between D3 and D2 is that the D3's also have a different way of closing. The D2's use a single button whereas the D3's use a metal clasp AND a button. The button is a secondary/backup closure. I like metal closures because they tend to stay attached to the pants better. The thread on buttons often gets loose. Metal clasps are also easy to open and close but the downside is that they can come undone easier. Having a button in addition to the metal clasp stops that problem. However, the fact that there's two closures is slightly more inconvenient than a single button closure. Overall I recommend the D3 fit for dressier situations and the D2 for more casual situations. The D2's look good with sneakers and an untucked t-shirt whereas the D3's do not. The D2 and D3 Dockers are both great pants at a great price and I recommend them both, you just need to know what you're going to use them for and what sort of cut you want. I'm 5'9" 148 lb and bought 32x30 in both the D2 and D3's. The D3's don't look too baggy although I might try a waist size of 31 or 30 next. The length is perfect in the D3's but a little short in the D2's.
UPDATE: I no longer wear Dockers and since product lines change yearly the information in my review may no longer be correct. I switched to L.L. Bean chinos almost two years ago and like them MUCH better. I would lower my rating but that wouldn't be honest since I haven't worn them in so long that I can't remember much about them. I also don't want to delete my review because it's generated comments, some of which others might find helpful.
1111 comments|322 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2015
I like the look, feel, and price of these pants. When I find an article of clothing I like, I remember it and buy it over and over. I thought I'd found my go-to work khakis in these, but over the last few weeks I've had two pairs rip open like tissue at the top corners of the rear pockets. I don't do any rigorous activity in these. I have an office job. I wear them twice, then wash them inside out on permanent press and immediately hang them.

I like these pants a lot, but not enough to warrant restocking my wardrobe every quarter.

I hope the designer will fix this issue. Everything else about these khakis is pretty nice.

A note on the "bungee" color: They're more green in real life than they appear in the product images. I really like the dark khaki and charcoal colors, though.
review image
on April 1, 2010
These are cut an inch longer than last year's Dockers- Iouldn't quite believe it at first and had to measure to make sure. I bought a pair last year with a 32" inseam that measured 32"; the pairs I bought this year (2010) were labeled as having a 32" inseam, but measured just over 33". Not just one pair, either- this is consistent between four pairs I bought, 2 from amazon and 2 from a local retailer. Extra space in the waist usually doesn't hurt, but the extra length can be a problem- think about ordering an inch short, or plan on getting some alterations.
44 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2011
I work in a business/casual atmosphere. Dress shirt and slacks are a must for me. These slacks fit perfect. The material is very sturdy and soft. I am very grateful. These are the second pair of dockers I've bought online. I will again. One little warning I might add for those of you that may have a big bottom, these specific slacks may be a little tight for you. I have a small pot belly (which I'd like to lose) and a regular sized buttocks and the slacks fit me like a glove.
on August 23, 2010
Title says it all. These pants are definitely comfortable, professional, and has a dressy enough look for a business casual (read: not wearing wool slacks) environment. But the other reviewers are spot on - they're easily an inch too long. The legs are also a bit on the wide side. I don't really mind, it's not like the wide leg baggy jeans from the 90s or anything. But compared to, say, skinny jeans, these have a lot of room.

I normally wear a 32" waist, but due to *ahem* a little weight gain in the last 6 months or so, I went with a 33" waist. Fits just a little looser than my other 32" pants, so if you're unsure, go up on the waist just a bit.

All in all, I'm happy with the pants and went ahead and bought a few pairs in different colors. With a little money spent on alterations, I'm quite pleased, and hope to wear these pants for quite some time.
on November 10, 2010
I ordered these pants, because when shopping at regular retail stores, I can't find pants long enough. Typically, at these stores, the longest inseam length is 34", and when I try them on, they're too short. So now, I buy this pair, and they're a tad long. Subsequently, these same pants were on sale at Amazon, and at that time I read through the reviews, where the most universal complaint was that they were too long. I bought a pair with the 34" inseam, and they fit fine. So, I measured the inseams on both, and they were EXACTLY 36", and 34", as advertised. Now, either Dockers has been making them short before, and started making them correctly now, or Kohl's, Penney's, et al, have been buying irregulars, or seconds. Or, more likely, Dockers changed their country of manufacture. The 2 pairs I bought here, both say "Made in Nicaragua". Anyway, now that I know the sizes are correct, I will certainly buy these again, as they are very comfortable, particularly if they hold up well.
on January 26, 2015
I bought these pants in 36x30 and they are gigantic. They are clearly a mislabeled size, they're easily 38x32 or bigger. Even wearing shoes, I would be walking on the cuffs, and the size of the legs and the waist is ridiculous.

I have other pairs of these pants bought in stores so I snipped the tags and washed them...big mistake.
on July 21, 2014
Why can't a brand keep a name/style consistent?
I bought a pair of Dockers D3 Classic Fit Flat Front in Sears 2 years ago.
A great pair of pants but sadly the Sears near me has now closed so I google the name and find the pants on amazon.
Except when they show up it's a completely different style and fit.
Exactly the same name and the same UPC number. The only difference is the first pair were made in Bangladesh and the new pair were made in Haiti.
I used to like dockers but it's now just another worthless brand that can't be bothered maintaining consistency.
on May 4, 2010
I read the previous review that these pants were long, but figured one inch wouldn't matter that much.

I ordered 34x28. The inseam on these pants (I checked the tag, 34x28) are over 30". To top it all off, they fit my waist like the 33x30 I bought last year.

The strangest thing I've found is how wide the legs are at the foot. I'm able to easily slip these things over my athletic shoes. I've never had dockers that I could do that with and I've bought these exact slacks before... something rather off this year. If I didn't desperately need them, I'd be returning them.
on May 29, 2015
The Quality of Dockers Khakis has really decreased. No quality control. I ordered 3 pair to take on a trip. They arrived and I started pressing them to remove packing wrinkles. 1st went ok. For the second pair, I noticed that it did not have the seam sewn below the zipper for about 4-5 inches. I stopped and packaged up the 2nd and 3rd(w/o opening) and sent them back. I took the 1st pair on the trip and wore them about 5 times. Embarrassingly, my colleague informed me that the seam below the zipper had come undone. I shipped them back the next day. I have been praising Dockers for their outstanding T-shirts and briefs but their pants are terrible. Extremely disappointing!