Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM

on January 20, 2015
Everyone’s fit will be different with each pair of pants; there are too many body shapes for everyone to have a perfect fit. With that said, I have found that one pair of Dockers D4 will fit great, while another color (or the same color purchased at a different time) will not fit quite right. Thankfully, Amazon offer’s free returns on many of these items. I’m a bigger guy (6’4”, 250 lbs), and these pants fit comfortably (I don’t find them to be tight anywhere when I wear them, if they were I’d return them).

My primary complaint is with the quality of the fabric and stitching used in the Dockers Signature pants. I purchased 5 pairs of pants a little over one year ago. I am happy with the cut and comfort, but one pair had a seam come loose, and two others the fabric ripped (could not be fixed, in the photos you can see that the seam is in tact, but the fabric has ripped). All 3 defects have been with the seam in the seat of the pants. My job requires me to sit for long periods, and that may be a contributing factor, but when you figure how many times I’ve worn these pants over the course of a year, to have such catastrophic failures seems ridiculous. For instance, I have about 8 pairs of pants that I rotate between wash and wear. So if I wore each pair an average of less than once per week (about 10 hours each time, mostly sitting), that would be approximately 30-40 uses since I’ve purchased them, and now two are in the trash. Additionally, the fabric along the edges of the front pockets, and where I occasionally have my wallet in my back pocket, show substantial wear. I have other pants that are 4-5 years old (not Dockers) and still look great. Perhaps the trade-off is comfort for durability, but I wish there were a better balance. Should a pair of pants only last one year? Seems a little short to me.

I’ll probably continue to buy Dockers pants because I do like how they look, feel, and fit, but at this time I can’t give them a very high rating due to their lack of durability (compared to other pants I own).
review image review image
on April 9, 2012
I own one pair of each of the Docker D4-line of khakis, and the "Signature Khaki D4 Relaxed Fit" is by far the least "relaxed"!

Everything about the Signature Khaki runs small... The waist is at least one-size too small, all the leg room is significantly less than with other khakis in the D4-line.

I highly recommend steering clear of these khakis!
on March 29, 2013
I bought a D4 style, and even if it came marked as D4, it was a D2, as per its characteristics and tab inside. Color, size was as purchased. I kept the pant because it fitted well and I love Dockers. I miss however, the elastic band of the D4.
on June 23, 2014
The pants pictured and the description did NOT match the pants that we received. The pants I ordered were supposed to be dressy and have an inside button along with a hook and eye closure. The pants I received were the plain, casual Docker pants with a one button closure. I was very angry and disappointed. I ordered these pants for my husband, and he needed them for work. I had to ship them back to amazon and rush around to find a different brand and style of pants for him to wear. When I called Amazon customer service, the representative acted as though this issue was my fault. He said that if I had read the reviews, I would have seen that other customers had similar complaints. Therefore,I shouldn't have ordered the pants. How about this? How about Amazon needs to put the correct description along with the correct picture on the products they sell. Where I come from, we consider this situation to be false advertising. The customer is the victim in this case, not the perpetrator.
on January 10, 2014
I had purchase two pairs of these pants and within 4 months both pairs have ripped in the crotch area. I have never had pants ever rip like this before! So I have chosen to never buy Dockers pants from Amazon again, as the durability is none to be found.I have other dockers purchase from J.C. Penny's and after several years of wearing, they are still holding up well. So I don't know why these have not. Second hand material? who knows.
on May 27, 2014
My husband's inseam is only 27" so I really wish we could purchase them that length but the only thing we can do is cut them off and hem them shorter which is a lot of work and may not look as professional as they should....some companies used to let you order by waist size and they would alter the length for you. Otherwise we really like the Dockers.
on June 3, 2015
We used to think of these as upscale casual attire. Now, they are worse than Walmart specials. In fact, I told my wife that I was going to start buying casual slacks from Walmart again because the material and workmanship was better at 1/3 the price. With slacks purchased from Walmart, I may have to reinforce buttons or cut off threads, but at least the material wouldn't rot after two washings. The proportions of these slacks are wierd. I don't know how else to say it. The back pocket, where I keep my wallet, on the driver's side, is so big I could probably put 3 wallets in there; I have to fish for it. The material is separating below the zipper. I'm not talking about separating at a seam because of poor workmanship; I am talking about the material itself shredding - like it's dry rotted. Closure is by button only, not clasp and button. I know the slacks are relaxed fit, but it's not because they stretch from normal to out a couple inches. My other 38's were getting very snug; 38's in these want to fall down to my knees. I can't recommend these to anyone. You may get lucky; I didn't.
on October 29, 2014
I have purchased many pairs of the Signature D4 relaxed fit khakis. My latest two pairs have lasted the longest. The seats of two previous pairs blew out on me...literally. Once was while getting into my car, so I just went inside and changed pants. The second time, however, was at work. A person walked up to me and said, "I think something happened to your pants." Suffice to say that I had a new vent. The worst part was that I didn't even feel or notice it happen.

My latest pant purchase was the Jos A Bank cotton twill casual pants. The material feels quite a bit thicker and the leg openings are smaller while still supporting my larger thighs. I purchased a 33-inch length and brought them to a tailor for a slight hem. All of my Signature D4's are 32-inch length. When coupled with their 20-inch diameter leg opening, this causes them to look a little unkempt. I plan to tailor the D4's soon, so hopeful that salvages them for a few more months.
on July 6, 2014
While I understand these are relaxed fit, you should know that equals extremely baggy and unattractive. I bought these for my husband and he likes that they are really comfortable. However, I think they look awful on him. He usually wears the D3 style, but I got this pair b/c they had his size in stock. Unfortunately, he is more about comfort than style so I will have to look the other way when he wears them b/c he wants to keep them.
on March 19, 2016
I bought 4 pairs of pants from this brand, 2 in black and 2 in khaki. One khaki pair arrived with the zipper already broken (the zipping unit detached from the zipper line rendering it useless). I sent it back and they replaced it no problem. The first time I wore a pair of the black pants, the zipper broke halfway through the day while I was at work. A week later, I put the second pair of the khaki pants on and when I zipped them up, the zipper broke once more. I am not going to buy any clothing from Dockers moving forward.