Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dockers Men's Signature Khaki Slim-Fit Flat-Front Pant
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 2, 2010
The good: Dockers makes khakis for skinny men, with a good range of inseam lengths. These fit me quite well.

The bad: The sewing and fabric is of a poorer quality than before. It looks as if headquarters figured that they could make money in the recession only if they switched to a lower tier of suppliers, or asked the old suppliers to do it faster, with lower-quality fabric. The cotton is getting fuzzy on my new D1 and D2 Dockers in a way my old Dockers (here next to me) and my LL Beans (ditto) never did, even now. The length of the cotton fibers controls this, and when the company pays more for fabric, they get longer, more stable fibers that don't fuzz or pill. They don't drape as well as they did before, either. They drape like discount-quality pants, which is what they have become, I guess.

The sewing is not as good as before, in every seam. Just doesn't compare. There are stray threads in a few places, there is not enough thread on some seams, and I can see too much thread where I shouldn't. The front buttonhole was not sewed tight, and the button is becoming undone; I have only worn these D1s maybe 10 times, mind you. The buttons fell off my LL Bean's too, but after several years! And they cost about the same.

The belt loop is bigger than before, but now it is too big. For jeans I understand that some people wear a 2" belt. But for nice-looking khakis? I mean, these are not work pants. Far from it. They aren't tough enough. The waistband is 1.25" wide, and the loops drop 0.75" below that. I wouldn't say it looks silly with a normal belt, but close.
55 comments|147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2010
I've bought Docker pants for many years for my husband. They have lasted a good long time. He has slim hips so I was excited when they came out with the slim fit. I bought 5 pair--1 for each day of his work week. Three buttons have broken---not com unsewn. Two have worn thin in spots and cannot be worn anymore. I replaced one pair so that makes 6 bought in all. So after a few months, he is now down to two out of the 6 that were bought. I can't find slims in any other brand and they look so much better on him than the regular fit but it just isn't worth my money to keep replacing them.
22 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2010
Fit and Performance: If you are a thin guy like I am then these are the pants for you. I have trouble finding pants that don't look like I'm swimming in them. Most of the D1 pants I have bought fit me perfectly all over and they look great! I wear them to work in the office. I hope Dockers never quits making the D1 fit. The pants are a great value and I have purchased them in almost every color. However, recently I have noticed that each color wears and fits slightly different and that Dockers is making the waist size of the pant 1-2 inches larger. This is not good for guys like me that are size 28. Bigger guys can always go up 1-2 sizes; I cannot.
The very first Khaki pair I ordered fits perfectly. However, they lose their polished look after 15+ washes.
The most recent Navy color pair I bought to replace my older pair are larger in the waist (at least 1-2 inches) than the other D1 pants I've ordered before. I wear them as my dressier pants. However, I don't need them to fit 1-2 inches larger all over. Since I am a size 28, I can't go down 1-2 sizes.
Olive colored D1 pants fit entirely on the other end of the spectrum. They are tighter in the rear. The threads holding them together are constructed well however, since they are constructed with only 1 seam in the rear I am afraid of splitting the rear when I bend over.
Black: Why khaki colored pockets in black pants? Dockers need to make the pant pockets blacks. Otherwise, they look like cheap discount store pants. Besides this, they look okay as dress pants however; they lose their sheen after numerous washes.
Branch: This color fit perfectly. A nice reddish brown color with the continental fit. The material is slightly thinner than the other colors however; they come out of the dryer nicely.
Gray: Nice continental fit and polished appearance. The legs of these D1 pants I bought are more tapered than the prior pairs I own. Having thin legs as I do that is good for me however; they likely won't fit someone with tree truck legs or big butt.
Cloud: These fit me like the branch color ones. They look great for Spring/Summer pants or for boating/golfing.
Quality: Dockers should consider reinforcing the seams in some of the critical areas of the pants. They use only one stitch and the thread on the seams shows in some areas on the khaki and black colored pants.
Fit: Recommend that Dockers keep the D1 fit as they originally made them. All sizes should measure exactly the number of inches in the waist that is stated on the tag. Dockers please don't mess up a product that is already good.
77 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2014
The quality is by far not the same as the past Dockers I've owned, however the fit is very nice if you're a slim 5"11 guy like myself. I was most unamused that the COLOR WAS NOT WHAT THE PIC SHOWS...
review image
on March 3, 2016
I bought these pants to wear in a business casual environment. I wore them for around 3 months before they gave out on me. When I bought them I noticed that the stitching was terrible and I wish I would have returned them then. The back of these pants would curl up out of my belt which looked terrible, and it would show the inside Dockers patch in the back middle of the pants. You can see more detail in my pictures. After dealing with this for a few weeks everything came to a sinking ended today.

I went to use the restroom and when I unzipped them the zipper fell off the tracks and fell into the urinal. I was dumbfounded and thought I had dropped my phone or a pen or something into the urinal, nope it was my zipper coming right off the pants. I did not use excessive force and was shocked this happened.

Unfortunately I was conducting an interview in about 30 minutes and had to rush home to put on a different pair of pants with a functioning zipper

I will never buy there pants again and have decided to boycott the entire Docker's brand. Please take my advice and don't waste your hard earned money on this product.
review image review image review image review image review image
Granted these are for the slim fellas and slim I am not.
I'm 5'8, about 180, 27" legs...I'm not really that fat in the waist area anymore so I decided to give these a whirl since slimmer fits are back in and not just for the skinny guys.
Well.....you better be feeling PRETTY confident cause these pants don't have many secrets.
I think I'll stick with the D2, these got me a few too many stares lol.
Still, they're what you expect from Dockers.
They wear well, hold their color well and wash well.
Weight lifters might want to try them first unless you're going out to a club lol.
For daily wear at work, they were a tad too snug for me.
Oh well, at least the butt didn't rip out and that's always a positive. :)
1515 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2014
I just wanted to let you know that these pants ripped the first time I wore them... And the worst part is that they didn't ripp from the sewing, they completely ripped from the fabric itselt when I bend over to grab something from the floor.

Such a bad quality. I'm not planning on purchase any items from this seller ever again and I wouldn't recommend this at all.
on April 28, 2015
These are very cheap I've had them for a little over 3 and half months and have ripped down the crotch and in the butt and I bought two pairs and happen to both of them. The nice thing is that the fit is great I liked that bout them, also want to add that I'm a restaurant manger so I would say not made for that kind of abuse
review image review image
on September 15, 2010
I have bought 5 pairs of the Signature D1 slim fit Dockers from a local department store and Amazon.com. I am very happy to finally find a pair pants that fit well, usually I find pants (especially casual pants) are too baggy on me. I did have to return one pair of pants because the zipper broke after just one wearing.
on September 21, 2011