4.0 out of 5 stars Good work pant
Really like these pants. Better quality than some of the dockers I've purchased recently and the Metro line fit me perfectly. Wash well. Wrinkle resistant. Would buy more.
Published on January 4, 2011 by Kelly D. Taylor

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - style has been changed
Dockers has taken a wonderful product and ruined it by adding more spandex throughout and a two inch wide band of nonadjusting elastic at the waist. Really - have you looked on the streets Dockers - what % of women above size 4 need a two inch band cinching their waistline?
Published on July 3, 2011 by Claire

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - style has been changed, July 3, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as it used to be, March 9, 2011
Erin P (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
I have a few pairs of the "old" version of the metro trouser - which I needed to replace because I have worn them out (they are my favorite pants). I ordered these, thinking they were the same, and I was very unpleasantly surprises. First - the are more narrow - such that the pants sit much higher toward your belly button. This is not flattering or comfortable. I may have a more lady like figure, but that does not mean I want to wear "mom jeans". Dockers seems to think that this is "slimming" - I find it annoying and uncomfortable. I think they are not thinking about the people who actually buy their pants - we don't care about being skinny or fashionable. I want pants that I can wash and don't have to iron. The second problem with these pants is that they have an elastic waist! ANNOYING AND UNCOMFORTABLE. Seriously, I am 28 - not 82. I don't want to pull pants up to my belly button and I don't want an elastic waistband.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can I leave a negative star?, April 5, 2012
I wait tables and wear these pants for work. I have had a few pairs for four or five years. One of them finally wore out, so I ordered another pair, just like them...or so I thought. These "new" metro trousers are horrible. They have a very wide elastic waistband which is uncomfortable and makes me feel like I'm 65 or morbidly obese. The fabric is thin and "cheesy" feeling. The pants have no substance to them, no feeling like they will last and that waist band is simply hideous! I am very disappointed that my good old stand-by pants have turned into this horrid monster and I have told Levi Strauss how I feel about it as well. If you love your old metro trousers, don't buy these because they are not the same! Beware!

2.0 out of 5 stars messing with a good thing, July 8, 2011
This review is from: Dockers Women's Metro Trouser Pant (Apparel)
I recently lost a lot of weight on Nutrisystem and thought I would purchase my favorite pants ever, Dockers Metro in my new size - petite 8. I was swimming in the size 10P I had at home. Tweaking a style is one thing, but this was like buying "New Coke". What a bust! As stated in a previous review, they added spandex/polyester and reduced the cotton. I could barely squeeze into them. I bought them directly from the Dockers website and have 60 days to return them, so I'm holding off for a bit.

I was shopping in Boscov's and decided to try another style called "Addison". I ended up buying 3 pairs. They have a greater resemblance and fit to the Metro style of old and have more cotton with a little spandex. The styling around the pockets is actually a bit nicer; my big gripe is the bell-bottom legs (sigh). Even though I'm just 5' tall, the medium length in Dockers has has always suited me better than the short length; however both of the "newer" styles are longer.

The closest I can get to the Metro style I knew and loved is the Addison but I may end up taking in the legs.

Whoever is making these company decisions, needs a good talking too.

I emailed Dockers and gave my expert opinion and let's just say the response was like rubbing salt into the wound.

If you are rail-thin and like polyester, then the new Metro is for you.

2.0 out of 5 stars not the same, March 18, 2012
I have been wearing these pants for years. This pair arrived and were smaller and longer. This is the first time that I have been disappointed in Dockers.

3.0 out of 5 stars actual measurements and about that waistband . . ., July 19, 2013
These pants got a lot of negative reviews, but i took a chance on them because I really wanted the dark grey color that was available.

For a size 14, the "waistband" (which actually sits below the waistline) measured 36 inches. The sizing chart was misleading. It offered a size called 14 Large or 14 Medium. I ordered the 14 Large, thinking that maybe they would be fuller in the legs or something. I think it should have said Long instead of Large. The inseam measured 35 inches. They were way too long for me and I had to shorten them by 3 inches.

Most of the negative reviews I read specifically complained about what was described as a stretch waistband. I really didn't know what to expect, because it looked like a regular waistband in the picture. It is actually a two inch elastic band sewn directly onto the waistband. It was VERY uncomfortable. The longer I wore them, the more the waistband rolled up. This kept making the pants ride up to my true waistline. You have to be a little older to understand this reference . . . I felt like I was wearing control-top pantyhose all day! In an effort to make them wearable, I completely detached the elastic band and reconstructed the waistband. I'm wearing them today and am now quite happy with them, but it was a lot of trouble to get them that way.

I would not recommend these pants unless you are a little bit of a seamstress and don't mind spending the time to alter them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much stretch, August 5, 2011
J. D. Williams (Fort Collins, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dockers Women's Metro Trouser Pant (Apparel)
I totally agree with the people here that say they used to love these pants but no longer will wear them since they changed. I noticed in a local store they were a bit different and decided I better try them before I buy. Thank goodness I did. I hated the way they look on me and they used to be my favorite pants for wearing to work! I very seldom buy pants with a lot of stretch because I'm not a young chick who wants to be poured into my pants. I just want trousers that look semi professional which I won't be embarassed to wear to work. These won't work any longer for that purpose. Buyer beware.

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned it immediately!, February 17, 2013
These are some seriously ugly pants. The fabric is oily feeling and the fit was so poor, it looked like I was wearing a diaper under the pants. No thanks, Dockers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just not the same as my older ones, October 31, 2013
Years ago, I purchased 3 pairs of Metro jeans. I LOVED THEM!!! I practically wore out two pair and just recently started wearing the 3rd pair that I had saved back. So I was able to compare a never-been-worn older pair to the new pair that I recently ordered. The differences are subtle but they're enough to make me return the newer versions. The fabric of the new ones is cheaper looking and doesn't resemble denim as much as the older ones. The new ones are also much more stretchy so the legs get baggy looking very quickly. The waistband facing of the older ones is made of the same denim fabric as the rest of the jean giving it more structure and sturdiness. The new jeans' waistband is lined with a wide band of elastic which will probably wear out a lot faster. Sadly, they're just not the same. I thought I had found the perfect-fitting jean and was going to stick with them for life but I guess all things must change. So...my search begins again! Luckily, us "curvy" figured women have more choices these days so I'm hopeful that I'll find another pair that'll fit as well as the older ones that I'm now treating with much more respect so they'll last as long as possible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good work pant, January 4, 2011