Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights will be the game that'll make you pick up a Nintendo 3DS if you don't already own one. And be the game that you always carry if you own one. It's a robust and immersive adventure game with brain bending puzzles that'll challenge both you and your friends. With a unique cast of characters and a storyline that'll engage you from the beginning the challenges that lie ahead will be well worth your time!
With the Eiffel Tower under construction and preparations for the Exposition Universelle of 1889 underway, Paris at the end of the 19th century is a lively, bustling city. At the same time, a group of adventurers are preparing to prowl the city's underground in search of "Treasures Animatus" otherwise known as living treasures. They begin their adventure by gathering at a bar called "Le Repaire" located beneath the Palais Garnier opera house, armed with a mysterious treasure map. Only a few of the smartest and bravest would obtain fame and fortune. For the rest, only death awaits.
Jean-Pierre Lautrec, a mystery-loving archeologist from the Muséum national d'Histoire naturelle (MNHN), is one of these adventurers. Lautrec is a brilliant man, calm and reassuring while also being sarcastic and argumentative. He has few friends in this world but seems not to care. His true love and passion is immersing himself in mysteries and puzzles. He's not one to break the laws that surround him, but he lacks morals and knows how to bend them. Aided by his one true friend and assistant, Sophie, they together search tirelessly for Treasures Animatus. Sophie, a young, outgoing and emotional student also at the university frequently assists Lautrec in his quests and secretly has a crush on the professor.
One day, a woman named Marie visits Lautrec bearing a curious gadget. Unsure what it is she seeks his guidance. The mysterious map that the gadget displays seems to point the way to a fantastic hidden treasure belonging to Louis XIV of the House of Bourbon, a dynasty that had collapsed nearly a century earlier and gone unfound for decades.
As Lautrec and Sophie search for the treasure, they find themselves targeted by a mysterious man named Vidocq. They are blocked at every turn by the Knights of the Iron Mask, a mysterious group of men with iron masks and claws.
Will Lautrec be able to find the hidden treasure of Louis XIV? And what is the true identity of the mysterious Marie? All mysteries will be revealed in this puzzle solving adventure on the Nintendo 3DS.
- A Game for Anyone: Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights is the perfect game for anyone ages 15-55. If you have a healthy love for solving puzzles, enjoy games with a rich and robust adventure story, great characters and hours upon hours of game play, then this is the game for you. Family friendly fun for everyone.
- 3D Technology: Harness the power of the Nintendo 3DS like never before and experience an epic puzzle solving adventure in full 3D (Standard 2D game play also possible)
- Brain Bending Puzzles: Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights offers more than 250 brain bending puzzles sure to challenge you. Solve word puzzles, spot the difference, drawing puzzles and so many more each growing in difficulty as you progress
- Immersive Game Play: Journey through more than 20 hours of interactive and immersive game play that you can take with you just about anywhere
- Captivating Adventure: Uniquely complex characters and a rich storyline are brilliantly weaved together to capture and engross you in a robust gaming experience similar to that of Indiana Jones meets Pirates of the Caribbean
- Expanded Gamer Experience: Includes secondary RPG style elements to give you a more engaging adventure game that aids in expanding and enhancing the game play. Avoid guards, journey through the catacombs undetected, topple walls, battle living spirits and much more