5.0 out of 5 stars QUICK TIP FOR LONGER LASTING RESULTS
QUICK TIP FOR LONG LASTING RESULTS:

If you have an area that repeatedly needs cleaning, like the carpet in front of my computer desk, add this step to your cleaning routine and the area will stay cleaner much longer:

Published 8 months ago by Tad Karmesh

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a Camp - An Update
October 2014
After using this machine only six times both the Sprayer and the Motorized Brush stopped working. I called Rug Doctor today and they said my only option was to return the unit for repair or replacement. I am still waiting for them to call me back with the RMA number to return it. BTW I will have to pay for the freight to return it.

I am very...
Published 9 months ago by Steve Gilmore

5.0 out of 5 stars QUICK TIP FOR LONGER LASTING RESULTS, July 2, 2014
QUICK TIP FOR LONG LASTING RESULTS:

After you're done cleaning, fill the detergent reservoir with clean, hot water--no detergent and run the spray head into a sink until the reservoir is empty. This flushes any residual detergent from the machine's innards. (ps---you should do this anyway after each use). Now refill the detergent reservoir with clean hot water and "clean" the area using just plain hot water. This removes residual detergent from the carpet fibers. Residual cleaners when dry becomes soiled much faster than fibers with no residual detergents. I think you'll find you dirt prone area stays cleaner much longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa MAMA, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner (Machine) (Misc.)
Arrived early ( Amazon emailed me, said it would) Heavy for an old soldier, 63 and in a wheelchair, but ideal for someone that spills things, or drops food on the carpet. Should have bought it 3 years ago. Carpet looks like new. Your Caregiver or spouse will love you for it. Not a good idea for a Mothers Day present though...............Think Gift Card to Dillards, Kohls, or flowers will keep you out of the doghouse

5.0 out of 5 stars It does seem to have better suction (with a wider path) than my Bissell Spot ..., August 25, 2014
This review is from: Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner (Machine) (Misc.)
Clever and well-designed spot cleaner. It does seem to have better suction (with a wider path) than my Bissell Spot Bot. The carrying handle and telescoping handle make it so much easier to move the cleaner around. The storage hose and the power cord store on opposite sides of the machine. That way there is no entangling the hose and cord when rolling up the hose. Another ingenious idea was to have a large enough access hole in the dirty water container to allow a person to wipe and dry the inside. A terrific way to prevent the disgusting build up of bacteria!!! I will definitely use this machine more than my full size carpet cleaner. Who wants to drag out a huge, heavy piece of equipment unless you are going to scrub the whole carpet?!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, LOVE LOVE this machine!, March 23, 2014
This review is from: Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner (Machine) (Misc.)
I moved into a home and put in brand new carpet throughout. And, as you might guess, we have suddenly had everything possible get spilled on the new off white carpets. I ordered this unit out of frustration, and can only say it has cleaned up EVERYTHING like new! It is light weight, easy to use, and perfect for those little spills and mishaps that seem to happen all the time - on new carpets! Don't hesitate to make this purchase. Perfect if you have pets, small children, or aging parents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have gotten one of these sooner!, June 12, 2014
This review is from: Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner (Machine) (Misc.)
We have cats, and as those of you who have cats know, cats sometimes throw up. Right on your carpet. In multiple spots. I used to use an upright steam cleaner to take care of this -- which did a good job, but was difficult to get up and down the stairs (not to mention using ON the stairs).

I've used the Rug Doctor portable cleaner for over a month now, and it is fantastic. Light, easy to carry, setup, use, and clean afterwards. REALLY easy for when there's throwup on the stairs!

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective but LOUD, July 1, 2014
This review is from: Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner (Machine) (Misc.)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner does what it promises, but it still has a few issues.

Pros:

It does clean up those spots and ground in dirt. The suction is good, add a little pressure and a little soap, and all our spots disappeared.

It's light weight and the handle and wheels make it easy to move.

It's small and will be easy to store.

But, alas, it does have a few cons:

It's really really loud. We found it unpleasant to use and ended up wearing the ear protectors my husband uses with the leaf blower.

The clean water gasket on our model had a nick in it; it works but I wonder how long it will last.

Be careful emptying the used water tank. Water can pour out the opening on the side unless it's held carefully upright. hmmm, how does she know this? ; ) And there's no way that filthy water belongs in a sink.

Be sure to hold the brush parallel to the floor in order for the water removal function to work. (Another of those things I learned the hard way!) Be smarter than I and watch the video first. It's good.

It's a five star spot cleaner with noise issues; four stars.

btw, when I called Rug Doctor about the nicked gasket they said they only deal with orders placed through their company; that I would have to ask Amazon to order a replacement gasket.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a Camp - An Update, May 31, 2014
October 2014

I am very disappointed in the durability of this machine. I am also disappointed that I must pay the freight to return a five month old purchase. This has been especially painful for me. Come on Rug Doctor!!!

May 2014
I used it to clean some stubborn stains out of my light carpeting. It worked great. There are some great Youtube Videos that show you how to use it. It was easy to fill it up with water, clean out the dirty water and store it fot the next use. I would buy it again and would highly recommend it for others. Rug Doctor rocks!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, May 18, 2014
This review is from: Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner (Machine) (Misc.)
Works great, just like its Big Brother.....the one you rent at the store! Instructions clear and even includes a small bottle of their carpet cleaner'.

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't Know What To Tell You, October 17, 2014
This review is from: Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner (Machine) (Misc.)
I have to be honest here. I am disappointed in this RD Spot Cleaner. I have used a Bissell Spotbot for several years now....cleaning up a copious amount of cat puke on a regular basis. (I have two cats that much prefer to throw up on a carpeted surface.) The scrubbing action on the Bissell Spotbot is far superior, however, the suction capability on the Rug Doctor clearly excels. So.....the Spotbot scrubs better and the Rug Doctor sucks better. Not much progress here. I will say that the Bissell cleaning chemicals are much, much better in my opinion, especially for addressing pet stain odors. Frankly, I don't know what to tell you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a portable cleaner, July 30, 2014
This review is from: Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner (Machine) (Misc.)
I received a Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner sample to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.

I have an old dog that tends to have a lot of accidents. I've tried many carpet cleaners over the years so I am pretty familiar with how carpet cleaners usually work. My first thought while filling up the water tank was that I did not like that it was sloped because I can't put it down in my sink while it fills and it's hard to make the line level to make sure you're putting the right amount of water and soap in the container.

The brush says that it is motorized, but really what it does is vibrate as long as you don't push down to hard on it. The machine was pretty loud, I thought, for a small cleaner.

My biggest complaint would be the gaping hole in the side of the waste water tank. I'm used to tanks being sealed and when I removed the tank, I was in a darker hallway so didn't see the writing on the side of it saying this end up. Needless to say, I poured disgusting water all over my feet and the floor as I was walking away from the tank.

Overall, the carpet cleaner does do a good job cleaning and sucking the water back up. I'm just not fond of the two tank designs.

The first time I raised the retractable handle, it did fight me- it didn't want to open. I got it open and it's working fine now. I like the wheels on the unit so that you don't have to carry it around everywhere.

Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner (Machine)
$149.99 $129.94