Other Sellers on Amazon
Doctor Who: The Seeds of Doom (Story 85)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
When scientists unearth two seed pods deep in the arctic permafrost, the Doctor and Sarah Jane rush to investigate. Soon the Doctor's worst fears are confirmed: the pods house Krynoids, one of the most parasitic and dangerous life forms in the universe. One of the creatures has already infected a scientist and now a hideous monster is rampaging through the Base, intent on total destruction.
When the second pod is stolen amidst the escalating carnage, it is transported into the hands of insane botanist Harrison Chase. From his mansion in England, the plant-obsessed Chase will allow the pod to split open. Both the ruthless millionaire and the rapidly growing carnivorous Krynoid are intent on infecting and destroying our entire world...
* Podshock Examining the making of The Seeds of Doom
* Playing the Green Cathedral The music of Geoffrey Burgon
* Stripped for Action A look at the comic strip adventures of the Fourth Doctor
* Now & Then Locations used in The Seeds of Doom, 24 years on
* So What Do You Do Exactly? The roles of the Production Assistant and Production Unit Manager, with Graeme Harper
* Isolated Score
* Trails and Continuity
* Radio Times Billings & Douglas Camfield's Paper Edit (PDF DVD-ROM - PC/Mac)
* Production Information Subtitles
* Photo Gallery
* Coming Soon Trailer
* Easter Eggs
* Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
* Commentary by Tom Baker (The Doctor), John Challis (Scorby), Kenneth Gilbert (Dunbar), Michael McStay (Moberley), Philip Hinchcliffe (Producer), Robert Banks Stewart (Writer), Roger-Murray Leach (Designer) and Joggs Camfield (son of Douglas Camfield, Director)
I have to say the criticisms of this episode that I've read seem silly to me. Bad special effects? When were the effects in this series ever good? In my view it has only two flaws -- it's too long to watch comfortably in one sitting and there are way too many escapes and recaptures, the Doctor & Sarah spend half the episode getting tied up and the other half escaping, and there is a ridiculous Dr. Evil moment where the villain, Chase, devises an elaborate and horrible death for the Doc and then leaves the room, allowing him to escape, instead of just shooting him....sigh...don't these crazy bad guys ever learn?) -- but they are pretty minor in compared to what works.
"Seeds" begins at a lonely scientific research station in the Antarctic, a la "The Thing." And just like "The Thing" the bumbling scientists unearth something from the ice that would better have been left alone. In this case, a large seed pod. They send pics back to London, where the Doctor identifies the pod as a sentient alien plant called the Krynoid, which has unlimited growth potential and a big appetite for human flesh. He and Sarah make tracks for the South Pole to make sure the ticking green bomb stays frozen and harmless.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I didn't care so much for the story line here, but the acting and smoothness between Baker and Sladen is up to par, but I still like the entire show and is worth part of the whole... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Gaff
I am a Whovian and so whenever I can add to my collection I do. I grew up with Tom Baker and was so happy the discs were in excellent shape. Thank you.
The Collection is growing!!!!! Thank you for having this awesome story!Published 7 months ago by VictorSlim3D
I got exactly what I was looking for. Everything was shipped out fast. I am very satisfied with the product.Published 8 months ago by Rachael Kitterman
We love this one. It's got everything, Antarctica, a fancy house, an artist, a man obsessed with plants, and an alien plant that takes over humans to speak to the plants. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Patricia B.
This is one of the best Doctor Who stories EVER. Don't take my word for it; watch it for yourself.Published 9 months ago by michael w
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > BBC > All BBC Titles
- Movies & TV > BBC > Nature & Wildlife
- Movies & TV > Cult Movies > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Educational
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Documentary
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > TV