Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on January 20, 2011
My Tardis Mug came in quickly and I was extremely excited to open it. It's not short and squatty like my other mug where the tardis 'disappears'. Rather, this mug is actually pretty big! It's well made and sturdy. The image is not just printed on; I can feel each indention on the wall design. It's exactly the tardis color and design.

When I poured my drink in there, it actually held more than I was expecting--so in effect, I guess it IS "bigger on the inside." Haha!

Love Love Love it! And even though I'm slightly afraid to use it because I am just in awe of it, the lids make it perfect for a cup of tea :)

One slight problem with it is that there are a few tiny spots on the printed/painted areas. It's such a miniscule amount it doesn't matter, but it IS there...just to let you know...just in case you're OCD or something...lol
0Comment187 of 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2012
This mug is great. The detail and design get all the details right that we Whovians will notice. However I must say I have one huge complaint. Every time I fill it with something and put the lid on, it vanishes and does not show up again for hours or even days. I've had to start making my cup of coffee a week before I want to drink it. Good thing that lid keeps the contents warm.
44 comments162 of 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2012
AMAZING TARDIS mug. The box warns it's not dishwasher safe/microwave safe - states the color could fade -- SCARY to think what having tea it in will do to us??? It is made in China. It does feel delicate when you handle it. So I understand the no-dishwasher warning. It should be listed on the product page. Thus the 4 stars.
Otherwise it's wonderful and we will probably use it for bon-bons or some other purpose.

Update: Been several months since my first review. My husband has used it for tea successfully at work. No issues with the paint. He hand washes it.
22 comments77 of 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2014
Ordered to use for brewing tea and coffee (with a mug filter) and also wanted to use in the microwave. When it arrived, written on the box outside was information stating that it was not suitable for use in a microwave or dishwasher. To top it off, stuck to the outside of the box was a sticker stating "Warning: The materials used as colored decorations on the exterior of this product contain lead chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm." None of this is mentioned in the description when I was ordering it. It is described as something to keep your coffee warm since it has a lid. All of the reviews referred to people using it as a mug to drink from. This is very misleading and it seems as though I've purchased a dust collecting decorative piece. Not What I Ordered!! Am sending it back and I hope I don't have to pay for the shipping to do so!
22 comments59 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my Whovian father. He was very happy with it, but when he gave it a test drive by drinking room temp water out of it (after washing), he noticed there was an odd taste. Lo and behold, he found out it has lead-containing paint! This is very disappointing as this product page (and all, for that matter) should indicate two things:
-Where the product was made
-Exactly what it was made with

I think most people here would want to know that they're buying a Chinese made, lead- containing product! It's hard to notice such an odd taste when drinking coffee or tea, but this was a bad move in making this product.
11 comment29 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2012
DUM DU DU DUM DU DU DUM DU DU DU DU DU DU DU
DUM DU DU DUM DU DU DUM DU DU DU DU DU DU
DOOOO WEEEEEE OOOOOOOO
DO DEE DOOO, DOWEE OO DO DO DO
88 comments385 of 468 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2012
EVERYtime I use this mug, I smile. I have a super stressful job, so seeing this puppy on my desk lets my mind go to happier places for a few minutes. It's very sturdy and durable (which rocks, because I'm a klutz) and I like the lid for TWO reasons 1:it keeps the drink warmer longer and 2: it keeps my coffee or tea IN the mug on the long walk back from the Keurig. Also, it fits well under the Keruig and I do have to say, much like the REAL TARDIS....it holds a ton of liquid making me think it really is BIGGER ON THE INSIDE.
0Comment28 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2015
I love my Tardis mug!! I got it as a birthday gift, and it's the best gift for any Whovian. It feels very sturdy and stable, and it feels like a great quality mug. The dark Tardis-blue looks great displayed on my counter, and the small added details to make it look a real police box, including the textured surface, are a great touch.

WARNING -- I would not use this mug for drinking, period. Some of the mugs come with a warning label, while others do not (required only in California) which says "Warning: The materials used as colored decorations on the exterior of this product contain lead chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm." Plus, it's not dishwasher or microwave safe, so why would anyone to drink a hot liquid that's been steeping in it?!?! And the mug is made in China for those wondering.

A huge disappointment, but it really is gorgeous and a great quality mug. I now store my tea in it, and proudly keep it out on display :)
review image review image review image
on May 3, 2014
Great detail, nice for fans Doctor Who, but with a HUGE caveat. There is a sticker on the box that says the outside decorations contain lead...which I am assuming includes the "police box" decals which are right where your mouth goes. Don't expect to use this as a mug - it is holding candy on my desk at work. I give it 2 stars because this is not mentioned in the description- very misleading!
on January 11, 2013
My daughter loves Dr. Who so when I saw this mug, I had to get it for her. It is not dishwasher or microwave safe according to the box so that was a little disappointing but it is a Tardis right!?!?! so we went the extra mile. She made hot tea the other night and put the mug down on a heavy cloth table mat. The heat from the mug actually scorched the wood under the mat. I have never had a problem with any other mugs doing this so beware, use a good coaster if you are going to have hot liquid in the mug and place it on a wood table.