Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Color: MultiChange

on May 24, 2011
What a disappointment. I got this for my adult son, who was, at first, thrilled with it. Pour in the hot water, make the Tardis sound and watch it disappear and reappear on the other side of the mug. Do it only once, never again....

We've always washed this mug by hand in lukewarm water, no soap, no scrubbies, just using our fingers, lightly. No messing with the outside, we wanted to be extra careful the decal didn't come off.

Sadly, it started to chip, when dry, almost immediately. And today, after 2 months of occasional use, not even once every day, I was rinsing the mug, as always in lukewarm plain water, and a lot of the decal just slid off on my fingers. When I looked at the mug, much of the decal still on the mug was wrinkled, so I left it. After it dried, most of what was left was glued back on, some areas weren't. My son won't use it again lest the rest of the decal slides away.

Bottom line, this would be cool, watching the Tardis disappear and reappear is fun. But after the first time, set it on a shelf and just remember how it worked. Not made for using every day for any length of time, you'll end up with a plain dark blue mug.

If you want to keep it looking good, use it to hold pencils or paperclips. Keep it room temperature and dry. Don't touch the outside, except the handle and bottom. It might last longer than 2 months if you're very careful.
1515 comments252 of 261 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2011
I was SO excited when I received this as a gift. Being a huge Doctor Who fan, I obviously love this mug. Disappearing TARDIS? Awesome idea. But after just ONE wash, the paint started chipping off. I kept using it because I just loved it, but after 4 washes, the entire mug is almost bare.
As a note, I don't have a dishwasher, so I hand wash using non-acidic, all natural dishsoap. I could understand if this isn't dishwasher safe, but please, I didn't even use a scouring pad.
11 comment138 of 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2013
I received my salt and pepper shakers in the mail today and they are exactly as they are in the photo. They stand approximately 3 inches high and are adorable! The Tardis is for salt and the Dalek is for pepper. The bottom stoppers fit snuggly in, but yet are easy to remove for filling.

I bought 2 sets actually. The second set will be filled with aquarium grade silicone (so they don't float) and put in my fish tank. The paint is food grade and after soaking them for a few days they will be good to go!
66 comments35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2011
I am sooo disappointed in this product, the decal is very shoddy and is already peeling after only a few times of use. I wish I had read the other customers comments before I purchased the item. :( this is an EPIC FAIL in my book!
0Comment34 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2013
Warning, if you are getting as a gift, product may not be used as intended.

Got these for the little lady to replace old shakers with something she'd like, now they are sitting over the stove as ornaments adorning my kitchen. I might have to get a second set just to use them at the table.

The only con with these are the extremities on the Dalek. They may break if dropped or banged too hard against the tardis when enacting a galactic battle on your kitchen table.

Great buy, fun and fan-freakentastic to have, even if they are being used as a new age religious symbol in my kitchen. I highly recommend
0Comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is just a wonderful cup for Doctor Who fans. My son got one for his sister, and the TARDIS still disappears and re-appears after several months of regular use and hand washing. At 12 ounces it's the size of an average coffee mug so she doesn't fill it quite up when she makes a cup of tea so the tea steeps strong enough for her tastes. She's been simply thrilled with it and I've been very happy with how well it's held up. No fading at all on the image.

EDIT: The first couple of months the image held up just fine, but then the decal started peeling. My daughter was very disappointed, she loves this cup. We are currently using it for holding pencils so it doesn't need to be washed. We only hand washed it, it's never been in a dishwasher. I recommend rinsing only if you're going to be using this regularly.
0Comment86 of 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2011
I was given this as a gift and I read the care instructions carefully and have followed them to a T, but after a few months, the design doesn't last. It is really cute and is fun at first, but then you have an ugly mug.
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2013
Re-enact the time war at your dinner table as the Doctor and the Daleks battle through the seasons; peppering the chili depths of spice and the expanse of thyme with their salty discordance; desiring to curry flavour with none.
on November 4, 2011
My son purchased this mug for my birthday. Great idea except the decal that is put on the mug of the tardis just keeps peeling off. It has always been hand washed and more pieces come off every time.
0Comment29 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2013
Sent these to our son-in-law for his birthday, he is a recent Dr. Who convert. They are having trouble with the Tardis...seems every time they put something in it, it never gets full. Hmmmmm....
22 comments19 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse