From the Back Cover
The Doctors Book of Herbal Home Remedies
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
You can cut through all the hype with this ultimate collection of authoritative information from the world's foremost herbal professionals. From the best-selling Doctors Book series, The Doctors Book of Herbal Home Remedies provides readers with the latest in herbal research from 200 experts in the United States and Europe. Here's a sampling.
* For Back Pain: Rub sore muscles with hot-pepper cream to stimulate your body's natural painkillers
* For Forgetfulness: Use rosemary, known in folklore as the herb of remembrance, to help improve your memory
* For Bronchitis: Try a garlic poultice on your feet; it really works
* For Nicotine Addiction: Take St. John's wort to help kick your smoking habit
* For Osteoporosis: Drink dandelion leaf tea to help build bone density
* For Weight Loss: Use ginseng to help your body store less fat
The Doctors Book of Herbal Home Remedies combines solid research and expert advice with the accessibility that is the hallmark of the Doctors Book series, giving you proven, professional advice on using the best in herbal healing.
About the Author
The Editors of Prevention
Health Books are dedicated to keeping people healthy and well. Varro Tyler, Ph.D., Sc.D., is America's foremost authority on herbal and plant-based medicine.