XFX Radeon HD 5770 1 GB DDR5 PCIE Graphics Card HD577AZNFC
Used & New from: $85.83
Does the HDMI Pass Video AND Audio??? I have a card with hdmi that only passes video so i need an extra cable for audio to be able to watch movies from my pc to my TV.

Does this card pass video as well as audio??
asked by Hostos R. Fernandez on January 16, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
hi thank for the reply
What I meant was this card specifically
Because I currently have a card that does not pass audio via HDMI, only video.
So I have the HDMI + an audio source connected to my TV right now.
I just want to use the HDMI cable for both audio and video.
I just wanted to be sure this card does indeed pass video as well as audio.
Thanks
Hostos R. Fernandez answered on January 20, 2010

A
votes
I have the same issue with my onboard HDMI, it only passes 2 ch sound through the cable, hd sound requires an optic cable. According to toms hardware 5770 (and for that matter I believe all 5xxx) cards pass both HD audio and video. I double checked also on a forum and this was confermed.
prudhomb answered on April 7, 2010

A
votes
Yes this card will pass Full HD audio upto 7.1, of course you need to have a mother board that supports HD audio also. The drivers that swich the audio player from your board to the card are a pain sometimes.
But my stero and tv system sound and look great with this card.
C. Gifford answered on June 29, 2011

A
votes
Yes it does pass audio. You just have to make sure that it's selected in your playback options in sounds. Now it will just pass motherboard audio. It's not going to pass audio from your Soundblaster card if you have one installed. Actually come to think of it, I think the card has it's own audio device built in. Because the audio shows up as AMD audio when you check the playback options.
Frank M. Lazar answered on August 24, 2012

A
votes
yes, hdmi cables pass video signals as well as audio signals, on the control panel on your pc make sure the audio is set to HDMI.
Garrick B. Vanderwal answered on January 20, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›