Does this blender work well for making baby food? The food will be warm when blended.
asked by E. Wolf on May 3, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
vote
I don't see why not, as long as you dice the food up well before putting it on the blender
Colormirainbow answered on May 3, 2013

A
votes
To clean it, put in soap and water and give it a good whirl on the base. My little boy figured that one out and it is a perfect way to clean it. You can toss it in the dishwasher too. I would not put boiling water in it.
D Mathieu answered on May 7, 2013

A
vote
As long as u mix in small amounts it should work fine for baby food.
LawrenceNK answered on May 3, 2013

A
vote
I haven't used it for that purpose but I am sure it will work great. It's got a great motor
Jenna Latz answered on May 6, 2013

A
votes
Havent tired baby food, but I would think so...I tried making dip for nachos the cheese didn't blend smooth..I think once the food is soft it will; if its hard it may not be very smooth..hope that helps
cheriesymone answered on May 3, 2013

A
votes
I have not tried that. I've used it to make smoothies with blueberries, bleck berries, strawberries, lemon squeeze, juice and yogurt. The lemon seeds break up. If you don't use the yogurt it's more of a drink in a bottle. Strawberries tend to turn into what might be considered a baby food consistency after the dirink sits for a while (more so than blueberries). As an adult, the texture is unappetizing. I just tried tomato (no skin or pulp) and spinach, and yogurt. It tasted great, but the spinach leaves are a little bit there and I had to scrape teh sides to get it out. It would be great for dips. I tried some left over chicken, and broccoli. The broccoli worked well, the end result had the texture of a very well mashed tuna salad that adults could use as a "spread" (like a pate). I say try it! If you have a young child and you are on the go the smoothies would be a wonderful breakfast, lunch, or snack for you. The lid is great so you can pick it up and dash out somewhere.
D Mathieu answered on May 7, 2013

A
votes
Warm food is fine, but not hot, which becomes explosive from pressure. Depending upon the consistency of your ingredients, you may need to add a bit of liquid for a smooth blend.
Jesse Lorraine F. Woo Le Bihan answered on February 5, 2014

A
votes
I wouldn't use it for that. I don't like that the unit is not able to be taken apart and thoroughly cleaned. In time, it will smell moldy, despite cleaning and rinsing immediately.
Hannah answered on May 3, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›