Does the digital download come with preorder bonus?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 11, 2012 9:54:27 AM PDT
dlipson says:
I think it does, but the disclaimer says "Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com" so I don't know....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 2:37:14 PM PDT
I'm wondering the same thing.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 11:13:10 PM PDT
Austin Welch says:
"This offer will be extended to all pre-orders."

I imagine that includes the download preorder as well ;D

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 11:18:11 AM PDT
B. Jansen says:
can anyone from amazon make this clear? I really want to be sure to get the preorder bonus - otherwise I have to cancel :-(

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 4:33:34 PM PDT
Arrow says:
So I contacted amazon via support chat, was then redirected to call them and the rep there told me that she wasn't sure if it came with the pre-order bonus or not. She specifically said that because it was worded as "sold and shipped by amazon" that it may not. She said she would have to go and do some research and would get back to me and that if the price changes by then she will still honor the price.

My guess at this point is that the download addition probably doesn't come with it, even though the steam version does.

Once I receive I reply I'll post my finds here.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 10:50:57 PM PDT
Evan B says:
I emailed Amazon Support, and this is the reply I got:

"
I've checked and confirm that, the promotion to which you're referring to, is valid for PC download as well. You can check the same from link below,

Borderlands 2 [Online Game Code]

Also, the promotional access code will be e-mailed to you within two days after the download becomes available to you."

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 9:11:41 AM PDT
Hey there,

Yes all digital copies come with the premiere club bonus content, including the 4 copies in any 4 pack.

Cheers,
Tony

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:09:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 7:20:44 AM PDT
So here's how it went down for me.

Preloaded the game, started playing at midnight on launch day. At that time, I didn't have the preorder stuff.
Contacted Amazon later that day via email - was told I'd have to repurchase the game
Called them - after wading through four different people, I found one who wasn't lost, and ill informed.
Still had to have the original purchase refunded, and order again, which did not solve the problem
Later in the day the preorder stuff just showed up in the game.

So now I have a license associated with my steam account that has been refunded by Amazon, leaving me worried that the license will be revoked, which would likely lock my steam account. Amazon support knew NOTHING about the preorder DLC and what was going on with it, and as a result, I'm now in a rocky situation that could potentially end very badly. The CSR I talked to did say the key wouldn't be flagged with Steam in any way, but he also told me he'd send out a key later in the day... which never happened. He did later send an email with the subject line "Your Amazon.com Kindle Inquiry" so I'm not really optimistic about any of this.

EDIT: Just to be clear, 2K and Gearbox didn't do anything wrong here - the DLC did show up in game on launch day (late in the day, but still technically on launch day) Amazon had absolutely no clue about what was going on. Assuming my license doesn't get revoked, and my Steam account doesn't get locked, I'll play many many hours of this game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 11, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Borderlands 2 [Online Game Code]
Borderlands 2 [Online Game Code] by 2K
4.5 out of 5 stars   (465)