Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD Kids Edition Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Does this unit have a "real" gps-i.e., one that does not need a wi-fi hotspot or a 3g/4g data subscription?
asked by Samuel J. Dominianni on May 1, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
it will pick up gps locations when on FB and what not...I use regular wifi for it...its great if your a optimim customer, you can register for wifi hotspots too when out you can pick up free cable wifi if in the area, it searches for it...
Roseann answered on May 1, 2013
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You need a hot spot, but you don't need a separate data plan.
C. Brown answered on May 1, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I installed Sygic on it and it worked well, even with the wifi turned off. So I suppose it does. And it works better than my Galaxy SIII.
Alexandre Guimaraes answered on May 2, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, but any app that would use the GPS requires a data connection. There are options in the settings to get your location through GPS, WiFi, or Both. I'm not positive but I think if you use both it prefers data connections because it can get more precise coordinates. When on pure GPS I think it will try to use cell towers to determine rather that satellite signals, but this makes it get your location faster. Hope this helps.
RecentBSEE answered on May 9, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product