Does this book have a lot of vulgar words or sex scenes?
asked by Mother of eight on June 9, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
No, but about.

Many different people living in new york
Chauncey answered on June 9, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The story examines the lives of many characters. Some of them are prostitutes and drug dealers. While the book is about redemption, it does contain some vulgarity in connection with those characters.
Katherine M Karns answered on June 9, 2013

A
I read the book over a year ago, as part of preparation for a library discussion forum, and then bought it as a gift for someone later in the year. I do not remember that it had vulgar language. It is wonderfully creative book that brings together many different aspects of life in the city.
Miranda Rand answered on June 10, 2013

A
I think it would be inappropriate for a a child of 8 years old. Its not vulgar per se but does include a lot of unsavory characters and depictions of situations that could be disturbing to a young child. What age is appropriate/ Partially depends on what life experiences they have had but I would say at least mid teens
Pattik answered on June 10, 2013

A
There's some profanity, and there are references to sex, but I don't remember either one being heavy enough to distract my attention from the story. I think it's a good book, and I hope a few f-bombs don't stop you, but to each their own.
Ryan answered on June 10, 2013

A
None of importance - is an excellent book and loved each different story.
onedancy answered on June 10, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product