Does it couint steps?
asked by Sue on November 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Not to my knowledge does it count steps. It does measure time and distance, using GPS. I've had very good luck with it and use it to train for long distance races. It's great!
RL Posey answered on November 25, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You should buy a foot pod to count using Garmin 410.
kenshin answered on November 25, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, only distance, time, heart rate, etc, in various configurations, but not cadence.
Nelson1 answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Nope
charles goodine answered on November 25, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Alone, it does not. But you can get a Garmin Foot Pod that pairs with it. You mount the pod by tying into your shoelaces (some shoes have a pouch). It is said to be very accurate, complete with self-adjustment for changes in your stride length, and is useful when training indoors, or where GPS signals are unreliable. The data go to your 410, just like the data from the heart-rate sensor strap, and are recorded as part of your workout upload to PC (or to the online workout repository... if you happen to swing that way).
I don't have one, because I use my 410 only for jogging and bicycling outdoors, where the GPS training data is fine. If you need one, it's about 60 dollars.
I'm thinking of purchasing one, because I'm just in the process of making myself a walking workstation for my home office, and it would be good to record how many virtual miles/kilometers I walk.
(I'm one of the original reviewers of the 410, here.)
kevinmcl answered on November 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No. It doesn't work, period. It's not a pedometer, it's a GPS that tracks distance, IF you can ever get it to work. Don't buy it. It is worthless.
Kemp answered on November 25, 2012
Comments (3) | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product