Does it provide closed-captioning?
asked by Lilburne on April 3, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
Depends on the service. Netflix offers closed captioning and I believe Amazon and Hulu offer it on some of its videos.
Amazon Customer answered on April 3, 2013

A
vote
The ROKU I purchased from Amazon is the entry level. There is another one, more expensive that has more remote options. I could find no reference to captions on my ROKU. I tried a couple of channels on the ROKU and was not able to get the tv to enable captions. That may be just my TV. So, intrigued by your question I went on line to ROKU to ask a tech your question. I am happy to tell that I was advised that Roku does support Closed Captions. I was told that you set it up through the "Channel Store" when you do set up for the ROKU. Here is the link for ROKU Support: http://support.roku.com/entries/413244-contact-support# I hope I have been helpful to you. Ron
Mogulsmoke answered on April 3, 2013

A
vote
Yes and I always use it. There may be a few things here or there where it's not available but I have yet to find a show or movie that didn't have it. I just leave tho cc option on all the time .
keri silva answered on April 4, 2013

A
votes
I dont believe so, I have never seen any options of choice for closed captioning.
Renee Marhong answered on April 3, 2013

A
votes
i think so
Tamara Smith answered on April 3, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›