Does the HDD come with any mounting screws, sata cable, or software?
asked by LEOocso on April 28, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Most motherboards come with a few SATA cables, so I didn't mind when this HDD didn't arrive with any. It does not come with any mounting gear as most cases come with holders now. Also, there is no software needed. Just plug it into motherboard and PSU and boot system. If you haven't worked inside a computer before, you need to take a few precautions first. Unplug tower from everything, allow a few minutes to let all residual power deplete, discharge and static build up by touching any piece of metal touching the ground or wear an E.S.D. bracelet, and take it slow
Ace Rinehardt answered on April 29, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There was no need for anything at all extra in my case. My computer has a receptor to accomodate an additional internal hard drive. It was as easy as adding an extra simm card. Caveat Emptor!... You may benefit by having a trained technician experienced in this type of installation standing by to assist. It really is a straight-forward proceedure, but it is possible that your computer may have a design which may require an unexpected requirement. It should be no big deal to accomodate any individual need, however.

I always refuse the warranties offered. In this case the low cost is such a small dollar risk I say, "Forget it!"

The Seagate hard drive I installed is 110 volts. If your country has standardized on higher standard voltage, do not use any device with a different voltage specification!
Tommy Blake answered on April 29, 2013

A
The 3TB version came with nothing but the HDD.
I did have a few that came with the motherboard.
Amazon Customer answered on April 29, 2013

A
The bare bones drives do not contain mounting hardware only the boxed OEM versions do.
J. Jorgenson answered on April 29, 2013

A
just the drive, no screws cables or software.
C. Holford answered on April 29, 2013

A
i got just a a harddrive that's it outside the plastic and the cardborad. I got a new mobo and case. It had all the goodies I needed
michael answered on April 29, 2013

A
No, usually the sata cables come along with your MOBO.. But other than that it's just the HDD you get. There is no software or anything needed. Just plug and start. :D
Virtue answered on April 29, 2013
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
no mounting bracks or sata cale or software juat the hdd in a plasic pack
john d answered on April 29, 2013

A
It does not
Kerry Hart answered on May 2, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›