Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now HTL
Does this scale offer fluid ounces? Does this scale offer fluid ounces?
asked by J. Davis on June 17, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
No scale will measure fluid ounces, unless you already know your material's density and hence the weight you need. Fluid ounces are a volume measurement, not weight.
Richard answered on July 7, 2012
Comment | 7 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

In some products fluid ounces may correspond closely to weight ounces but no scale can measure volume. You have just been lucky that the weight measure has been close enough to the volume that your previous recipes have worked.
Sheena answered on November 24, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

TS answered on July 8, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

Thanks for your thoughtful reply, however I already own a set of scales (have had for years) which measure in fluid ounces and was seeking to replace it as the buttons have become worn. It is the Salter 3003 Aquatronic Glass Electronic Kitchen Scale. I decided in the end to replace like with like. I understand what you are saying about weight / volume, but this scale seems to be able to do it at least good enough for cooking purposes, though I couldn't vouch for their accuracy. Thanks again though.
J. Davis answered on July 8, 2012
Comment (1) | 3 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product