Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 20, 2010 3:08:10 PM PDT
I want to buy it to build up a 3D collection until I get the proper equipement, so that when I do buy a 3D TV I have more than one film to watch, but I don't want to buy something I'll only be able to watch next year. So, is the movie on 2D on this disc, or is this only 3D?

Posted on Jun 21, 2010 10:54:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2010 10:55:12 PM PDT
EhrHead says:
Blu-ray 3D discs ALWAYS include the 2D version...it's in the specifications which are mandatory. The way 3D works on Blu-ray is they put the left and right eye images right on top of each other in the stream, therefore the height is double the usual 1080P. In 2D mode, the player just ignores the other image and you get the normal 1080P. 3D discs are designed to work on ALL Blu-ray players, whether they are 3D capable or not, but of course only in 2D for older players.

Posted on Jul 30, 2010 10:54:33 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 28, 2010 1:15:57 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 8:52:16 AM PDT
J. Berning says:
"Blu-ray 3D discs ALWAYS include the 2D version"
Simply not true.

The new OZ the great and powerful from Disney offers a 3d version that includes NO 2d version with it.

So you can not make an assumption a 3D version will include the 2d version.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 20, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions