Does this remote work with VLC?
asked by Prox on December 4, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Since you asked I did some experimenting, if you first open something in VLC you can pause, resume and stop, volume up or down, mute and unmute. If you hit next it will move to the next item in the play list. None of the other functions will work. Note this is in windows 7 64 bit.
It's possible the mouse mode would let you select an item to play instead of using the actual mouse. Neither me nor my wife has used the mouse mode much, too difficult compared to an actual mouse.
John Pendzich answered on December 4, 2012
Comments (2) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yes, I am using windows 7. If i start VCL I can pause, play, stop, ff, and rewind. this was not listed as a feature of the remote, so I was surprised that it worked.
L. Seaman answered on December 5, 2012
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This remote as well as any other MCE remote will work perfectly with vlc because you can choose exactly what each button does within vlc by following the steps below. When editing the hotkey, push the actual button on the remote and then use the mouse to accept the change. IMPORTANT...After you make your changes to the hotkey settings, you must restart vlc for the changes to take effect. This issue vexed me for quite some time.

tools>preferences>show settings>all>hotkey settings
Achilles answered on August 5, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The computer basically treats it like an infrared mouse. I only use it with windows media center and to control the computer in general (no keyboard attached).
mblack01 answered on December 4, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Any thing you can so with the mouse, you can do with this remote. So yes you can. You can alao assign hot keys to the remote - so if.you want to open vlc with one button push that can be accomplished as well.
matt colley answered on December 4, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
NO it does not! I have a digital movie library 700 strong and it works wonderfully, and only with, Windows Media Player. I have tried to use it with VLC, Divx Player, and even Windows Media Player but to no avail. I'm not quite sure how some other reviewer got some of the functions to work, but the end result is that it will not function with all it's capacities with any player other than Windows Media Player. Note I am using Windows 7 64 Bit, but I have used it with Vista and XP as well. The Remote also functions as a Mouse as stated previously. You can navigate your PC from the comfort of your bed or couch (But you still need a keyboard preferably wireless). Hope this answer helps.
Mathew Torres answered on December 4, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
All I know is that it works with Windows 7-64 bit flawlessly.
Katelyn answered on December 5, 2012

A
This may be one of those "your results might vary" situations, but on my machine, this remote will perform the basic VLC functions listed above. However, if you also have iTunes running -- even minimized -- iTunes will "intercept" the commands, no longer allowing you to perform the basic operations in VLC (without using the mouse pad).
C. Holmberg answered on May 4, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product