Customer Discussions > Deadwood: The Complete Series forum

Does this set scratch the DVD's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 3, 2010 9:14:36 AM PDT
C. Rivers says:
im wondering if the complete series box scratches the dvd's. its looks like the type to scratch.

Posted on Jun 5, 2010 12:53:16 AM PDT
voxels says:
mine were packaged in tiny DVD sleeves. so far, so good..........

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2010 12:23:23 PM PDT
T. Borras says:
Yes, it's that type of box set (that makes it extremely difficult for the user not to scratch the sides of the disks when removing them). The sleeves are rounded (side/bottom) and so tightly flat you cannot buckle them. When you slide a disk out it scrapes against the side(s). What I did (cursing the day I ever bought this set instead of the individual seasons) was to cut across on both sides of the top of the sleeve allowing more room to buckle and them once a dvd is out (one hopes unscathed) I'd go in with my hand down inside the rounded bottom of the cardboard sleeve and open it out on both sides (using scissors where possible, probably a razor blade would be better) and make it deeper as well. Doing that came in handy because I ended up slipping thin (safe) little white envelopes (you know, the ones with the transparent round area on one side so you can see what's there) into each pocket. Not an impressive looking package after I got through with it but I had no choice. The second disk I just couldn't get out (after the initial scissor work) without it slightly touching the sides and it froze once. I got d2 to work after some time, but once is too many times for me. I ended up with four I didn't have white paper sleeves for so I put them in some empty double-dvd holders which I keep with the box set. I am about to watch the whole series again and hope that just being in those sleeves didn't cause any damage (for I just came up with the white sleeve idea a few weeks ago). If I had it all to do over again I'd buy the three seasons separately but if you're willing to deface the set with scissors/razor blade it just might be ok. I hope others had better experiences with the box than I. Best wishes, Trina
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 3, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 18, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Deadwood: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Deadwood: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] by Timothy Olyphant (Blu-ray - 2014)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (591)