Does this take fast shots
asked by sterlinghawk on March 16, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
At least 6 frames per second it's real fast if you want action shots this is the camera.
Uzzi answered on March 17, 2013

A
votes
Yes, It is 8 fps. I specifically picked this model when upgrading from Canon 20D for sports photography and fps is an important component.
HB Mom answered on March 17, 2013

A
vote
It is among the fastest available. As with any DSLR, when the camera's buffer fills the frame rate is controlled by how quickly you memory card can swallow data. All in all, an exceptional performance.
Number Six answered on March 17, 2013

A
vote
Yes it takes extremely fast shots. Rated for 8 shots per second. We have been extremely happy with it. There just has to be a lot of light with that fast of a shutter speed.
johnny21 answered on March 17, 2013

A
vote
About this fast (composite of 7 frames): http://www.printsandpixels.com/DigitalWorks/Composites/15196672_MnhGJg#!i=1136916626&k=PfNt3jT&lb=1&s=A
This is why I chose this camera. I love it! It will usually buffer about 15 shots for me with a 60 MB/s card shooting in RAW at maximum size.
Jonathan Reneberg answered on March 17, 2013

A
votes
If you use the manual instead of auto mode, you can shoot up to 8fps. This is a good trick to use when shooting people. There always seems to be someone who doesnt smile, blinks etc. If you tell them your going to shoot one picture and then fire off the 8fps your pretty much guaranteed to get genuine, full smiles and everyones attention. :-) It is also pretty effective at fast, short events. After the June 1st, 2011 tornado, I used the 8FPS capturing several tree's being crowned or taken down. The 8fps has allowed me to choose the most 'breathtaking' of the shots, IE, a full sized tree hitting the ground and bouncing up, a top of a tree beginning its free fall, etc. This camera has always delivered!
Michael Laferriere answered on April 29, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›