Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
asked by J. Amick on June 16, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Then what is with the press release? You'd think it would be right.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_pressDetails.asp?pressNo=688

Right at the bottom of that.
J. Amick answered on June 17, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hmm, and B&H lists it for $900 with the viewfinder.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/629795-REG/Olympus_262817_E_P1_Pen_Digital_Camera.html
J. Amick answered on June 17, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I asked Olympus customer support if this kit (specifically, this kit, on amazon, that I've preordered) included the viewfinder. Their response:

from CustomerSupport@olympus.com
to (me)
date Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 3:25 PM
subject RE: Fw: (Ticket #2396270) [INTR:648836]

Dear Peter,
The VF-1 is bundled with the 17mm lens and is part of the kit.

Regards,
Olympus Imaging America, Inc.
Peter G answered on June 19, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the help. Amazon support doesn't really answer anything. Sounds good!
J. Amick answered on June 19, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Did they say anything about the estimated shipping date? I want to pre-order one, but am afraid it might arrive after I leave the country.
Julio Preuss answered on June 23, 2009

A
The US release is "Mid July".
J. Amick answered on June 23, 2009

A
Amazon really should provide a list of included items for products like this. And it shouldn't get lost in a page with an avalanche of information I've already seen at review sites.
W. Nicholls answered on June 23, 2009

A
I talked to Amazon over email and was told they do not know what is coming in the kit.
I talked to Olympus over the phone and was told that there will be a 17mm kit with and without the viewfinder so it's possible that the one Amazon is selling does not have it. Of course there wasn't any way for them to tell me which kit Amazon is getting. The price seems like it would include the viewfinder, especially since Amazon usually has competitive pricing. And I really want to use my prime shipping, but I'm not going to preorder without knowing for sure.
D. de Silva answered on June 27, 2009

A
It costs the same as the kit with the viewfinder, so I'm going to assume it includes it and just return it if it doesn't. :\
J. Amick answered on June 27, 2009

A
Looks like amazon finally updated the listing with the correct info... viewfinder included.
Just placed my order with prime next day shipping.
D. de Silva answered on July 1, 2009
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product