Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Light Doesn't Work. What am I doing Wrong? Just bought two Kindle Touch Readers with Lighted Covers. After placing reader in case, though, light doesn't come on when swung out (even when I go into closet to check). This is true with both units, making me think I'm doing something wrong, but now I'm wondering if both are defective. Anyone else have this problem?
asked by Chris Wall on December 31, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Did you turn the Kindle "on"?
Kuser answered on January 3, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I returned my first cover, as the light would not go on.
Now after receiving a replacement cover, it too will not illuminate.
This is the proper cover, for the Kindle touch, the Kindle is inserted properly.
What am I doing incorrectly?
Pearlblue answered on January 26, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We sent for a replacement cover assuming the light was defective. Now we suspect that the connection on the kindle itself is defective. Not sure what to do.
Gloria Kushel answered on January 3, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Kindle Touch version of this cover has several people whose Kindle Touches had bad battery contacts on the back. If you have a Kindle Touch and you bought the Kindle Touch version of this lighted cover (there should be no cutouts along the sides because the Kindle Touch doesn't have page-turning buttons along the sides), then I would suggest having Amazon replace your Kindle Touch. First, though, verify that you do indeed have the correct Kindle with the correct cover.
Anonymous answered on January 3, 2012

A
I had the same problem. We tried 3. Amazon was very responsive and in the end we returned the kindle itself and it was replaced within a day with a new one that did work. It seems that the connection on the kindle may be at fault. Amazon made this return and replacement very easy.
Gloria Kushel answered on January 26, 2012

A
We found the same-- The Kindle itself was to blame. Amazon responded very quickly, shipping off a replacement Kindle (that did work with light) immediately.
Chris Wall
Chris Wall answered on February 3, 2012

A
You're not doing anything wrong: It's the Kindle unit itself that is the problem, not the light. I had ordered two new Kindle units and two lights. One of the Kindle units must have been good, because both lights worked with it, but not the other. We understand others have discovered same.
Chris Wall
Chris Wall answered on February 3, 2012

A
Same thing happened to me i returned 2 and now have a nice one without a light.
Mary Trimbo answered on February 27, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product