Doesn't work in Kindle For PC?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 21, 2012 12:06:26 PM PDT
mike palmer says:
For some reason, it works fine on my Touch, but if I open it in Kindle for PC, there's text missing all over the place.

Only book i can find that has this issue. Anyone else having similar problems?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 11:39:23 AM PDT
Callie Fleur says:
Yes, I use Kindle for PC and I downloaded Wool Omnibus recently and have text missing throughout the book.

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 4:33:09 PM PDT
Mike and Callie: There was some kind of glitch on Amazon's servers this past week. It affected a lot of books, three of mine included. Two of them have been restored, and the Omnibus is being worked on right now. It was out of my control, and by the time I heard about it, numerous users were affected. I've been hearing from readers on my FB page that the books read fine on their various devices (phones, Fires, Kindles, PCs) in the past. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. As you can imagine, I've been pretty freaked out over here trying to get to the bottom of the situation.

Thanks,
Hugh

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 5:12:47 PM PDT
mike palmer says:
No worries, and thanks for the response! (Also good to hear your other books have been restored, because I'm absolutely going to be reading more/the rest of your stuff after Wool).

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 8:06:10 AM PDT
Callie Fleur says:
I did contact amazon yesterday about the problem about reading Wool Onimus on Kindle for PC and I must say they were very prompt in answering my problem. What they suggested to do didn't work, but they really tried to help. I have to contact them again. Fortunately not all the Wool books suffered from missing text.

I really enjoy reading the Wool books. Thanks so much for writing them!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 21, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo series)
Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo series) by Hugh Howey
4.6 out of 5 stars   (10,044)