Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 17, 2007
Besides best of seasons 1,2 and 3, you also get the wedding special in this 4 disc box set, so don't buy the wedding special dvd if you get this. I didn't know it came with the set and now I got 2 and have to return 1.
I wish they released the complete seasons instead of best of.
A real american hero making the world saver or at least hawaii. Keep Dog Free, don't let them take the team to Mexico.
on July 9, 2007
If you have seen Dog the BOunty Hunter, you know what to expect.... however this box set also INCLUDES Dog the Bounter Hunter the wedding special , plus volumes 1,2,3....

shame, because I ordered the wedding special as well so now have two....
on September 6, 2007
I was flipping through the channels a few weeks ago and saw the Dog on one of the religious stations. I prefer God and conventional church to the religious TV shows, but they were interviewing Dog and it was the most interesting interview, I ended up watching the last 45 minutes of the interview with Dog. Dog described events including the Mexico capture of Luster and then himself being arrested and his trust/hope in God. This was the longest my set has been on an interview on one of 'those' stations. The host was the minister who married Dog and Beth. I then purchased the book and read it in two days - a very interesting, quick, easy read (I am guessing written on a 5th grade reading level). When I returned from my trip I opened up season 1 and was going to watch one or two episodes. I watched six of the episodes on the first night - it was great to put the book and the Dog TV show together. If it matters, I vote republican, graduated college, blah, blah, blah...
on February 25, 2015
As someone who actually aspires to bounty hunt (like Dog Chapman with a gun or minus a felony conviction) this series is both entertaining and informative. Though Dog's methods deviate from the practical modern bounty hunter's, all of his procedures are still basically the same as any other bounty hunter (bail recovery agent, bail enforcement agent, etc.) protocol. It is certainly worth noting that Dog is not just some rookie Bounty Hunter that a network decided to film for entertainment--he is actually a veteran of the profession, almost a legend by now. Duane has netted bounties into the triple figures. The man has chased high profile fugitives of justice, battled demons of criminality, and has gone so far as to even have a television show about his life. The show is top notch: like "Cops" for 'the other guy'.

My Commentary, as a Registered Bounty Hunting Candidate:

In my state I am partially registered to be a Bounty Hunter. I am already in the state's database for "bail recovery" as it is called here in Arizona, so you could say I am a Bounty Hunter myself. Personally I think it would take a courage of brass to net bails or "bounty hunt" without a gun and various other equipment. Though while he was filmed he never captured more than a handful of fugitives known to carry firearms, and as far as I know, not once (at least on this box set) investigated/captured one on film, the man is a top-notch professional--take it from me. He does go on Bounty Hunts with a bullet proof vest, which is smart. If I were him I may go so far as to bring a bulletproof helmet with me as well. It is also curious to me that he doesn't use a taser (that's taser BRAND, not an imitation 'stun gun'), and brings just mace instead, on all of his hunts. Then again, as a radio host commented in an episode featured in this boxed set: Dog looks like he could "kill a guy with a potato".

In short: this show is informative. By watching it you learn about an obscure profession that many think died in the days of the "wild west". For me it honestly served as a crash-course educational video that illuminated my career search. It is also accurate. The scenarios featured in episode after episode are sometimes above and beyond what most bounty hunters do these days on a regular basis. Beyond this, it is also very creative and "outside of the box". It is worth noting that many (if not most) bounty hunters these days are all armed to the teeth with weapons and various tactical gear. Dog, as far as we know, goes on the hunt with nothing but body armor and pepper spray. For this reason, it is certainly very unique. Any bounty hunter you talk to will likely tell you that they keep at least one firearm in close proximity or on their persons during a bounty hunt. For me, this show offered me some basic stepping stones up to the platform of bounty hunting.
on March 24, 2013
I really enjoy watching the box set of Dog, the Bounty Hunter. I like how the family works together to find the criminals. They also try to help the criminals to get off drugs and they try to encourage them to make a better lives for themselves. This box set also includes the wedding dvd of Dog & Beth, along with the best of season 1,2 and 3. THis is a great item for yourself or to give as a gift to someone else. :)
on January 20, 2009
A great deal for 4 dvds. There is an extra dvd that I didn't know would be in the package. I bought this for my son who loves to watch Dog. The only thing is he wished it was the whole seasons instead of the best of but he loved it anyway. It was also delivered faster than expected. I was pleased with this purchase.
on May 31, 2013
there was too much cussing in the dvd. I bought it for my nephew but he gave it back because he didn't like all the cussing and cursing. I thought he was a Christian and was not expecting to have to throw it away because of the language.
on September 14, 2007
THE DVD'S ONLY HAVE 7-9 SHOWS ON EACH. I WANT THEM ALL!!!!!!!!! BUT IT'S SOOO WORTH THE 20 BUCKS AND MORE. IT HAS THE BEST ON THEM. ALONG WITH SOME EXTRAS LIKE PHOTO'S, BIO'S, AND YOU GET THE WEDDING SPECIAL DVD. I CAN WATCH ANYTIME I WANT A PIECE OF THE "DOG" AND HIS POSSE.
on July 4, 2011
I have EVERY dvd of Dog the Bounty Hunter (except the ones containing only one episode on each dvd,with just 22 minutes running time-rip off). They are all great. What i simply dont understand is why they always sell only some episodes on the dvds rather than selling the whole season just like shown on TV? I live in germany and have no chance to watch Dog on TV,so even if i have bought every dvd available on the market there are still so many many many episodes that ive never seen!These "Best of"-DVDs are just not fair!Real fans want it ALL!!!!!!!!!!Who decides which ones are really THE BEST?why does A&E decide that for us?they can not know,what our personal BEST OF episodes are-so therefore:Pleaaaaaase A&E,i hope you change your mind and sell the whole seasons soon to make it possible for every single Dog-Fan to see it ALL!
I know many Dog fans waiting for this day!!!
on October 6, 2007
My wife and I watched Dog on A&E and thought about purchasing the Best of Series and were not disappointed. We only wish there were more episodes to watch. Don't bother getting the wedding series video because it's the fourth DVD in the series.