5.0 out of 5 stars Training Your Dog or Puppy Isn't Hard - Not With This Book!
For those of us who love dogs, we learn soon after we've brought home our new companion that we need help!

What do we do when little Boomer jumps all over people? And especially, what do we do when a year or two later, little Boomer is now Big Boomer and is STILL jumping all over people, nearly knocking them down?

What do we do when Rover barks his...
Published on July 12, 2011 by Ken McFarland

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended
Published on March 8, 2012 by JK

5.0 out of 5 stars Training Your Dog or Puppy Isn't Hard - Not With This Book!, July 12, 2011

What do we do when Rover barks his lungs out all night, keeping us and all our neighbors awake? What do we do when Bandit can't seem to learn good potty habits and leaves little gifts all around the house?

I found in this book - Dog Training Advice and Tips - answers to each of those problems, and many more besides. In fact, this book is packed with 28 puppy and doggy training tips that really work. You don't need to pay for an expensive dog trainer. Just read the common-sense ideas and solutions here, spend time with Bowser or Fido applying them, and you'll soon have the best-behaved dog on the block!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Crazy (but lovable) Dog No Longer Barks At Everything!, April 17, 2011
About a year ago we got a Chow/Lab mix who loves barking at everything from the mailman to falling leaves. She also hated being on her leash. Although we love her, she was a handful! Recently I received a copy of Dog Training Advice and Tips: Discover 28 of the Most Essential Dog Training Tips and Puppy Training Tips - Learn Dog Obedience Training commands and How to Handle Dog Behavior Problems and have started putting some of the tips into action. I'm happy to say it's working!

The main thing is, dog owners need to be consistent with training or the bad behavior won't stop. This book will help get you started on the path to a wonderfully behaved furry family member!

5.0 out of 5 stars Techniques that are Unique, March 2, 2012
Pat (Stockbridge, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dog Training Advice and Tips: Discover 28 of the Most Essential Dog Training Tips and Puppy Training Tips - Learn Dog Obedience Training commands and How to Handle Dog Behavior Problems (Paperback)
I have read a lot of dog training books and the best thing about this one is that many of the techniques given here are new. I volunteer at a dog shelter where I work with puppies and adult dogs that need to be trained in order that people will adopt them. Every volunteer has a different training technique but many of them are now coming to me to ask me how I am getting such fast results. The answers are all in this book.

The other thing about this guide that I love is the fact that every single training tool in here is extremely SIMPLE to understand and to perform. This makes more intuitive sense as dogs understand simple instructions better than complex ones. Anyone can perform the training in this book and I would argue that before you spend $150 on a dog training course, your should first buy this book and try to the suggestions here first.

The organization and style of this book make it easy to find the behaviors that you are trying to correct and the tools to correct them. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic, useful book, that really works!, July 14, 2011
I found this book easy to follow and packed with useful advice. We have two young dogs and we are always looking for new ways to help us with dog training. In particular they feel uncomfortable with new people in out house. Sometimes they start barking and acting aggressively and were not sure how to react and what to do to improve their behavior. With Dog Training Advice and Tips we have the advice we need to help us train our dogs better. A well behaved dog makes for a good companion and we want to avoid any embarrassment with our family and friends. Especially in the summer, when we want to have friends over and go out with our dogs. I would like to thank the author for making such a great book available. I found it very useful. FIVE STARS*****

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Puppy Powered!, July 7, 2011
Excellent. I would recommend this as a must have for any first time dog owner, and a very good to have for anyone, however many dogs they have already trained. This book is great for all types of dog from young to old. It is very clear concise in it's description, it has certainly helped me in establishing a very loving relationship with my dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dog Training Tips That Work, April 17, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read and Helpful Advices!!! :), May 15, 2013
We just bought a 1month old Labrador recently and as early as now we want to train him so that we will not have a hard time dealing with it when he gets older. I followed most of the tips on this book that applies. Most of it works, some doesn't. Maybe it depends on what breed your dog is but most of advices inside is effective for a Labrador, the newest addition to our family.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, March 8, 2012
I received this book after getting a new puppy and needless to say, it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. On top of that, it's horribly written! In one of the chapters there is a reference to a list of reasons/signs your dog might have separation anxiety and then theres no list to be found. Must be pretty easy to get a book published these days if that's the kind of stuff that comes off the presses.

Rate and Discover Movies