5.0 out of 5 stars Hams required...
Published on May 15, 2003 by Sandi Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Hope you can bark and bark and bark.....
We adore the majority of Ms. Boynton's books, but I cringe when my son decides he'd like to hear this one. It is simply barking in different volumes and "languages" and drives ME crazy....and I have 7 dogs!

Published on June 28, 2006 by K. Henry

5.0 out of 5 stars Hams required..., May 15, 2003
Sandi Jones (Cincinnati, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doggies (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
If you are incapable of letting loose and hamming it up for your child, DON'T buy this book! In the course of this book you are required to make a bunch of different dog noises. Actually, as you look at the dogs, and at how the different barks are spelled, your barks will surely evolve into very different barks, and this will leave your children howling with laughter.
Caution: if someone else has already read this to your children numerous times, try to listen to them before you read it aloud, as your children will correct your barks!
This is another of the Boynton books that is short enough to hold even the littlest guy's attention, and begs for interaction. Even children who are not yet speaking may find themselves howling at the moon with the doggies.
This book is great for family collaborations. Different family members are sure to be better at differnt dog sounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really is hilarious!!!, November 28, 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Doggies (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
My daughter loves to hear me read this book and I love to read it. It's a counting book that has ten different doggies with different barks. My daughter's favorite is doggie number three. He says ...nnn...nnn...nnn... We both die laughing every time we read it and we read it a lot. She is 20 months and I am 34.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Howl of a Book, May 14, 2000
This review is from: Doggies (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
When we first read Doggies to my daughter, she started laughing hysterically. We had heard little laughs before but, this was much more than that. Soon, all three of us were on the floor laughing like mad. Since it was my birthday, it made for the greatest gift I could have received. We have the book memorized and will often recite it in the car or on a walk. Our daughter, Annika, loves the moon and always touches it when we get to the howling dogs. Plus, my mother-in-laws dog, Winnie, joins in the fun when we are at grandma's house. We recommend this book to everyone who has a baby and have made it a standard gift for all of our friends who are parents-to-be
Jeff and Kristen Danielsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, June 14, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Doggies (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
My 15 month old son has been "reading" this book since he was about 10 months old. He'll turn a page and read "woof, woof", he turns another page and reads, "aaaaaooooooooo". His delight in "reading" it himself is obvious. What a wonderful way to instill a love of reading in the very young!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hope you can bark and bark and bark....., June 28, 2006
K. Henry (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doggies (Boynton on Board) (Board book)

However, Ms. Boynton knows children and my son enjoys it everytime. He doesn't choose it as often as some of her other books...like Barnyard Dance or the The Going to Bed Book.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME BOOK FOR YOUNGSTERS, October 30, 2004
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Doggies (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
I'm 14 months old and this has been my favorite book for months! My mommy and daddy read it to me with all of the effects which makes me crack up. I imitate a number of the sounds when I see Doggies on the street. Like other reviewers, I agree it isn't all that helpful in teaching counting, but I'm too young to understand that anyway. Not only does this book continue to keep my attention, but it taught me that books can have fun surprises, which has enabled me to be willing to try other books (you'll know what I mean when you get to six dogs, and nine dogs). Overall, I'd highly recommend this book for very young babies, especially the children of dog-lovers who know exactly what nnn-nnn-nnn means in dog-speak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doggies causes threats of detention, February 28, 2000
This review is from: Doggies (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
I gave a copy of Doggies to my nephew Jordan when he was about two years old. It must have been a hit: in a letter, his Mom wrote to tell me that the next time I visited, she and her husband would bind me to the couch, plop Jordi beside me and make me read Doggies to him over and over and over and over and over...

4.0 out of 5 stars Woof Woof Woof! Doggies Galore!, November 12, 2002
This review is from: Doggies (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
Although simpler than Boynton's "Going-To-Bed Book,"this is a very funny "counting and barking book" (from thesubtitle) for young kids who like dogs and/or are learning to count!
A funny, diverse set of doggie shapes, sizes, and personalities are depicted in Boynton's famous style, with sturdy and colorful pages of adorable dogs and the sounds they make! Highly recommended for smaller fry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, March 12, 2003
This review is from: Doggies (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
This has such cute illustrations, very fun to read aloud. It's noisy! (But still fun.) This is a fun, interactive book to read with/to your child. Not great for bedtime with all that barking, but fun nonetheless! I buy it for all new parents.
t is very repetitious, which appeals to many children. It's sort of along the lines of "this is the house that Jack built" in that it is a progression. With each new dog, you're repeating what all the previous dogs has to say. The 10th dog makes for a very noisy read!
I really like the author's style of illustration. The drawings are simple, but she also packs a lot of emotion into the faces of the characters she draws. The whining dog (#3) really looks pitiful! And that poor cat!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son "wuffs" it!, January 1, 2002
This review is from: Doggies (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
I purchased this book when my son was 10 months old. He wasn't interested in it back then... NOW, he is 15 months, and he makes us read "Doggies" over and over and over again. You can't be shy reading this book to children, otherwise, it would be quite boring. It's a fun book and although I get tired of reading it to him a million times, I love the fact that my son is excited about reading and books. Thank you Sandra Boynton.

Doggies (Boynton on Board)
Doggies (Boynton on Board) by Sandra Boynton (Board book - October 11, 1984)
$5.99 $3.30