5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Mini!
Published on May 6, 2009 by K. Stone

3.0 out of 5 stars Mini a Great idea - Too small for my dog
This is a great idea and well made with only a few minor exceptions. My dog is 24 lbs and will barely fit in the mini stroller without the front and tops unzipped. The larger size, however, might prove difficult if you're trying to maneuver two other dogs while walking - as I am. The item is very sensitive and flexible - a good thing - but again, takes some getting use...
Published on June 12, 2010 by E. Lumpkin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Mini!, May 6, 2009
K. Stone (Bloomsburg, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer, Spring Green/Grey (Misc.)
My husband and I recently bought new bikes after not having them for many years. I then looked for the best way to take our dog along for the ride. At eighteen pounds she is a little too big for the baskets. Then we found the Doggyride Mini. It is perfect for her! Most importantly, it is easy to assemble, sturdy and so cute. It is smooth and so quiet you barely notice you are pulling anything at all. I did walk the bike and trailer up a couple of hills ,but that is more about me being back on a bike again after a lot of years and not the operation of the Mini.
We are very pleased with the Mini. It really was exactly what we needed to include our dog on our outings in a safe and secure way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding product for those who don't want to leave their dog home!, March 16, 2010
M. Connors (Chesapeake, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer, Spring Green/Grey (Misc.)
We received ours last week and had the chance to try it out for the first time this past weekend. We spent a bit of time acclimating our beagle to it in the house (and he loved it! He slept in it for several hours.). Definitely get the cushion with it - your dog will thank you. I had a bit of trouble connecting the trailer to my bike because I have quick disconnect wheels, but with some creative manipulation, I managed to get it hooked up. Our beagle loved it! He stuck his head out of the top and enjoyed the wind and scenery without complaint.

We love that the wheels come off easily and that it can be collapsed down for easy transport - this will make it perfect to take along with us camping. It can even serve as a travel crate if need be. It is constructed very well and has a very well thought-out design.

If you have a smaller dog and want to include him in your biking activities, definitely give this a serious look. It is the best of the bunch out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great company, March 5, 2010
S. Stout (Northern Colorado) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer, Spring Green/Grey (Misc.)
I ordered this trailer for my small Sheltie to ride in behind my cruiser bicycle. I am very pleased with it. The construction and materials are of top quality and the trailer is very safe. The internal frame locks securely and easily into place so there is no concern of collapse. The design is quite cute, as well. It is also quite easy to fold flat for storage or transport. All of the parts fit together nicely and it is very easy to connect and disconnect to and from the bike. The wheels easily come off so the trailer can double as a crate for when you may be traveling. There are vents on all sides as well as on the top and plastic covers that can be rolled up or down, depending on the weather or other conditions.

If you have an Electra cruiser or another bike with an internal hub gear system, there is a special bracket that you will have to order separately in order to connect the trailer to your bike. When I discovered this, I contacted the company directly, and they added it to my order. They were very pleasant to deal with and highly professional.

5.0 out of 5 stars DoggyRide Mini vs. Solvit HoundAbout Medium, August 28, 2013
This review is from: DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer, Spring Green/Grey (Misc.)
I regularly commute to work by bike with my dog, a 10lb Maltese mix, so I use my bike trailer a lot. I first purchased the Solvit HoundAbout Medium (original version, they recently came out with a new version called the HoundAbout II), but after a year I wanted one with a rain cover, so I switched to the DoggyRide Mini, which I've now used for three months. So, here's a point-by-point comparison for anyone else looking at these two:

Quality: my Solvit HoundAbout wore out in a number of ways within a year (tires, velcro, faded fabric, safety hitch), and while I haven't put the DoggyRide to the same duration of a test, it seems to use higher quality materials overall. More details on this with respect to specific components are below.

Smoothness of ride: the DoggyRide is lighter (the HoundAbout II advertises a lighter aluminum frame) and smoother. Not only do I notice it while biking, I think my dog notices it too -- in the Solvit HoundAbout, when I'd glance back while in motion, he would be either sitting or standing, never lying down, but with the DoggyRide, when I glance back, he's sitting or lying down, rarely standing. I bought the sold-separately pad for the DoggyRide; I don't think it'd be nearly as comfortable for my dog without this. However, he climbs into each with equal eagerness, so he was never uncomfortable in either. Also, the DoggyRide seems to have a better turning radius that makes it easier to maneuver.

Hitch: the Solvit HoundAbout safety strap broke in two places (clip no longer closed fully and ring it hooks to bent out of shape); the DoggyRide safety strap is constructed in a way to avoid both these breaks (better clip and solid ring -- the HoundAbout II also now has a solid ring). The pin for the main hitch in the DoggyRide is quite springy, so I have to watch my fingers when putting it in, but that makes it feel stronger. The Solvit HoundAbout has a built-in strap to hang on to the hitch pin when taking the trailer off, which was nice; in the DoggyRide it isn't attached to anything once it's out.

Screens/windows: my dog jumps up against the screens when I pass other dogs, and both trailers hold up to this well. The Solvit HoundAbout windbreak (that zips over the front screen to keep out wind on cold days) used velcro to hold it in the rolled-up position, which eventually wore out (it looks like the HoundAbout II now uses a strap); the equivalent piece on the DoggyRide uses elastic loops that seem like they'll be more durable. I've never tried opening in the top window in either, as my dog is too excitable for that to be safe.

Pockets: the Solvit HoundAbout has three small pockets that are shallow; after the velcro wore out I had items bounce out of these pockets when biking in bumpy areas. The DoggyRide Mini has one deep pocket in the back with what seems like higher-quality velcro. I like that I don't have to worry about things falling out and I can better fit bulky items like my climbing-rope leash; the one downside to this is that the back is solid instead of having a screen like the Solvit HoundAbout, so my dog can't see out the back (I particularly miss this when I'm closing it after he's climbed in).

Size: the DoggyRide is smaller; I wouldn't have a dog much bigger than my 10lb dog in it (in terms of length/comfort rather than weight). The Solvit HoundAbout could take a bigger dog, although not too tall of one. I'm glad to have the smallest possible trailer where my dog is comfortable so it can better fit into tight places. The wheels on the DoggyRide have a significantly smaller diameter than the Solvit HoundAbout wheels; I haven't notice this affecting anything.

Leash: the DoggyRide leash comes down from the top in a Y; the Solvit HoundAbout attaches to the side. I haven't come to a strong preference on this.

Accessories: the DoggyRide has an integrated flag (the bottom of the flag sleeve is starting to wear out, but it looks like the bottom bar will still stop the flag from slipping through) that comes with it in addition to the sold-separately rain cover. For the Solvit Houndabout, I purchased my own flag and strapped it in, but it was always a little awkward (in part because my local bike shop only sold the really long ones), and there is no rain cover option, but the pad comes with it instead of being sold separately like the DoggyRide.

Assembly: the DoggyRide instructions where not the most intelligible, but assembly is pretty straightforward for both. The DoggyRide crossbeam is a tight fit, which isn't an issue for me because I don't regularly collapse it; it might be more of a concern if someone's use requires frequent collapse for storage or putting it in a car trunk. The tradeoff here is that the Solvit HoundAbout crossbeam screws sometimes loosened from vibration.

Customer service: Solvit had excellent customer service when I needed a replacement part. I have not yet needed to test this with DoggyRide.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog who hates everything, for some reason, loves this!, February 26, 2013
Kristi (El Cerrito, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer, Spring Green/Grey (Misc.)
I have an 8 year old Lhasa Apso, about 19 lbs, who literally hates everything. She hates collars, she hates leashes, she doesn't like the sound when her tags clink against her water bowl. This dog is on her own agenda and even though she is as sweet as can be, she's just as stubborn! I've been getting into biking lately and because she is the slowest walker ever (read: sniff every.single.plant/flower in existence) I wanted to find a way to get my exercise in while not having to leave her at home. But when I purchased the Doggyride Mini I will admit that I was thinking, "she's gunna hate this too, what a waste..."

Against all intuition, I bought it; and for some reason, my dog LOVES it. It's baffling. We did introduce her to it right, though. We had her climb in, gave her treats galore, and she hopped out. Then she got back in, treats galore, and let her hop out. After a couple minutes, she was sitting in there on her own.

It rides so smooth, the color is a great spring green, and it just feels very sturdy and well made. It feels SAFE, which is the most important part. So now, me and the Lhasa will soon be riding around town, wind in our hair. Can't wait for spring/summer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 12, 2010
This review is from: DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer, Spring Green/Grey (Misc.)
Excellent product, high quality. My Bichon weighs about 17 lbs and she has plenty of room. It rolls easy and pulls easy, not too bulky. One of the tire tubes came with a pinhole leak and wouldn't hold air. I called company and although the tube is not covered by warranty they made good on it anyway. Good product, good company good service.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Babies LOVE Going With Me On Bike Rides!, February 20, 2013
This review is from: DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer, Spring Green/Grey (Misc.)
Now I don't have to feel guilty when I go out for a bike ride. You know, those little eyes staring at me pleading to go along and not be left home alone. Now they can share the ride as I can now bring them with me and they can enjoy the ride also. I have two 7-8lb Yorkies and they both fit well inside this Mini Doggie Ride together with room to spare. I also bought the extra pad (DoggyRide Ruffpad Pet Mat for Mini Bike Trailer or Stroller) to cushion the ride for them as sometimes I ride over those markers in the road or uneven pavement by accident and their ride can get a bit bumpy. This cushions the bottom of the trailer for them. The Doggie Ride Mini is so cute and easy to store because of its small size. I get so many smiles when I ride by people in the street walking their dogs. The best part is that my pups can go along with me on my bike rides and I don't have to feel guilty that I am doing something that is good for me as now they go along for the ride too! The trailer is well built and very sturdy. It is so easy to hook on to my bicycle with the two pieces that fit together along with the toggle pin with a safety bar that snaps closed over the pin. A strap is also included that goes around the frame of the bike for added safety measures so if in the event the pin ever came out (I don't see how it could) the trailer is still attached to my bike. It was very easy to assemble by myself. No tools needed girls! Bonus! The trailer can also convert to a stroller if you purchase that seperate stroller handle. The ride is just as smooth with the trailer as without it. I don't even know it is behind me if I don't look back at it. I can see my pups inside if I do look back to check on them. The front panel is mesh and see thru. The mesh is strong and cant be clawed thru although my dogs nevr try to claw out. They just sit there or lay down and enjoy the ride. The sides also are vented with the same mesh so everyone can see out from all sides. The back is solid canvas with a pocket for things like leashes and it aslo has a water bottle mesh pocket. The front has a fold down clear vinyl window if it rains or you can purchse a seperate rain cover for the entire trailer. I think I would just stay home if it looked like rain! There are two reflectors that go on each side of the rear of the trailer but I also clip on a bicycle strobe light to the back pocket as I want to be seen as my babies safety is the most important thing for me. This is my second Doggie Ride trailer. I had the larger one before they came out with the mini. It was great but it was seriously large for two small Yorkies. I am so happy Doggie Ride came out with the smaller version. It is pleanty large for smaller dogs or two small dogs. I am happy with the product and my dogs are even happier and now when I say "lets go for a bike ride" and they both jump into the front zipper opening. I zip it closed and off we all go. There is also a top opening that zips shut that you can place or remove your pup thru.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the Mini., July 11, 2010
This review is from: DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer, Spring Green/Grey (Misc.)
I wanted something to get my dog to the dog park and back, and the mini is perfect. It took just a couple minutes to put together and feels solid and well built. It pulls easily, didn't even really slow me down going up hills. My dog was a little apprehensive at first, but settled in after a couple of miles. She probably would have enjoyed it more had I had the sun roof and the front opened, so do yourself a favor and order the mini leash set with it, unless you already have a couple short leads and clips/carabiners.

In order to make my dog feel totally secure, I've left it with the back entry up in the living room and will randomly toss treats in. It's now become her favorite place to nap; that is, if it's not already occupied by a cat. In fact, I am very tempted to get the stroller kit and seeing if the strictly indoor cats would enjoy getting out and about.

One more thing. I was a little turned off by the acid neon green of the picture, but the actual product is more of a dark olive and very attractive with the gray.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves it!, September 10, 2010
This review is from: DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer, Spring Green/Grey (Misc.)
I ordered this even though I wasn't sure of the size since there were no dimensions listed. I have a 12.5 pound Westie-Poo and a 7 pound Yorkie and they fit inside with a little extra room. It's not huge but could easily accommodate a 20 pound dog. It's very smooth, quiet and easy to tow with your bike. I was surprised that I really can't tell it's back there!! I highly recommend this trailer and I think my dogs would each like their own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble, smooth riding., May 1, 2013
SDR (Boston, Ma) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer, Spring Green/Grey (Misc.)
Intuitive to assemble, this bike trailer is a great size for a small dog. Ours is 20 lbs and he has adequate room. With the mat, this is a comfortable ride. The trailer is a low drag, easy to ride device that is quiet and rides smoothly. There is a way to leash the dog into place, but if the dog turns around, he gets tangled. All in all a great buy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›