5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and classy
Published on April 8, 2005 by Justin

Published 10 months ago by StereoThrilla

1.0 out of 5 stars *****FANS OF THIS FRAGRANCE***** PLEASE READ********* THIS IS REAL BUT NOT THE SAME!!!, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Dolce & Gabbana By Dolce & Gabbana For Men. Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 Ounce (Kitchen)
This IS REAL Dolce & Gabbanna. HOWEVER, if you've been a fan of this fragrance forever like I have, it IS NOT the same version you used to get in the mid 90's until around mid 2000's when Dolce & Gabanna stopped making the cologne in Italy and started making and bottling the cologne in Germany. In the shuffle they've definitely (based on my keen olfactory system) lost some key tones and notes that made the original version so special. The box is the same navy blue suede, the bottle is the exact same shape and the cap is the exact same. The new version has "Dolce & Gabbanna" printed directly on the bottle which actually looks much nicer than the original Italian version which read the same on a cheap silver foil sticker stuck on the bottle.

To sum it up, if you've never worn this cologne and you're looking to rattle off, "thanks, it's Dolce & Gabanna" to the next woman that says, "you smell good", you can do so in good conciencenous. It still smells great compared to most out there, but if your looking for that original magic scent, it's just not there.

I personally don't wear it anymore. It's just a watered down version of what was the best scent ever... Except, maybe bacon.

I do use it like Fabreeze to spray my bed though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and classy, April 8, 2005
Before I start this review, let me point out a few things about myself. I am 16 and only own six different types of cologne (though I have tested about 20 and all of which are of some major brand). That said, I must say that this scent is one of my favorite. I was looking for a strong summer scent and had figured that if anything would deliver it would be Dolce and Gabbana. So, I tested last week in a Marshall Fields department store near me. Then after trying Emporio White from Armani and Metal Jeans from Versace (both of which were very light scents that could hardly be detected), I went back and purchased a full bottle of Dolce and Gabbana pour homme. The scent is actually quite strong and long lasting (I can still smell it on my shirt right now and it is 11pm and I had put this on at 10 this morning). It very citrus but is not so overpowering that it smells cheap or chemical. The scent also has a sophisticated quality to it.

While this may be best suited in small amounts for business purposes or evenings out for more mature people, I find that using multiple sprays of D&G can really make a scent to grab people's attention.

So to some up, this is a fresh, sophisticated citrus scent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth It, May 7, 2008
Bob Pruhs (Diamond Bar, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is good stuff. I've been wearing it for years now. I get compliments on it all the time. It has a very classy but not overwhelming scent that gets noticed in a positive way. I've been around people wearing cologne that is too strong and it can be annoying. I don't have to worry about being one of those people with this stuff. Worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, February 15, 2007
I hate most colognes -- I really, truly do. The very scent of them makes me feel physically ill, and wearing them gives me severe tension headaches. This is the only cologne that I can actually wear. I don't know what's different about it--maybe it is the fact that the fragrance is actually pleasant. The scent is masculine, yet also very fresh and clean. It is "there" without being dominating. I appreciate subtlety, so this cologne is perfect for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars My favorite scent for my husband! But this was a faint, mild verstion of the cologne!, January 18, 2013
Raquel Oreste Ott (Mathews, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I absolutely love this scent, and bought it for my husband a long time ago, and he loves it, but it's finally gone and I wanted to give him a new bottle for Christmas. This was the best deal I found online, and when I received it it looked like the real thing, same bottle, same D & G box, but the fragrance not as good as the old one, the smell doesn't linger like the old one does. Not sure what to make of it. It smells like a watered down version of the real one, or more alcohol less scent. I would definitely buy it again, just not from Amazon.com

4.0 out of 5 stars Dolce&Gabbana for men, July 7, 2006
Alfredo Gallardo (Chicago, Illinois) - See all my reviews
I have been very satisfied with this fragrance which I believe has a very distinctive scent that always intrigues others and ask for its name. The 4.2 oz. size is very manageable.

1.0 out of 5 stars rip off, August 1, 2012
I received a watered down version of a cologne I have worn for years. This is the type of product and vendor that will ruin web shopping.

1.0 out of 5 stars this wan't a original, March 21, 2013
They sent me a fake a new york counterfeits not good at all I have the real think from someone else

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite, January 10, 2006
Girls go crazy over this. My girlfriend loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars A warm "pop", January 4, 2008
Dolce&Gabbana, at this point, is officially become my favorite smell.
Nothing in it shouts at you. It's just has a perfect light cosy balance. (You'd like to be wearing it around a fire place.)
And it's nice to take a whiff of yourself now and then...
Love Gio outside, but, Dolce&Gabbana is the one for home.
Try it.

Dolce & Gabbana By Dolce & Gabbana For Men. Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 Ounce
$73.00 $42.39
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.