Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on January 22, 2014
This IS REAL Dolce & Gabbanna. HOWEVER, if you've been a fan of this fragrance forever like I have, it IS NOT the same version you used to get in the mid 90's until around mid 2000's when Dolce & Gabanna stopped making the cologne in Italy and started making and bottling the cologne in Germany. In the shuffle they've definitely (based on my keen olfactory system) lost some key tones and notes that made the original version so special. The box is the same navy blue suede, the bottle is the exact same shape and the cap is the exact same. The new version has "Dolce & Gabbanna" printed directly on the bottle which actually looks much nicer than the original Italian version which read the same on a cheap silver foil sticker stuck on the bottle.

To sum it up, if you've never worn this cologne and you're looking to rattle off, "thanks, it's Dolce & Gabanna" to the next woman that says, "you smell good", you can do so in good conciencenous. It still smells great compared to most out there, but if your looking for that original magic scent, it's just not there.

I personally don't wear it anymore. It's just a watered down version of what was the best scent ever... Except, maybe bacon.

I do use it like Fabreeze to spray my bed though.
on May 7, 2008
This is good stuff. I've been wearing it for years now. I get compliments on it all the time. It has a very classy but not overwhelming scent that gets noticed in a positive way. I've been around people wearing cologne that is too strong and it can be annoying. I don't have to worry about being one of those people with this stuff. Worth the price.
on April 8, 2005
Before I start this review, let me point out a few things about myself. I am 16 and only own six different types of cologne (though I have tested about 20 and all of which are of some major brand). That said, I must say that this scent is one of my favorite. I was looking for a strong summer scent and had figured that if anything would deliver it would be Dolce and Gabbana. So, I tested last week in a Marshall Fields department store near me. Then after trying Emporio White from Armani and Metal Jeans from Versace (both of which were very light scents that could hardly be detected), I went back and purchased a full bottle of Dolce and Gabbana pour homme. The scent is actually quite strong and long lasting (I can still smell it on my shirt right now and it is 11pm and I had put this on at 10 this morning). It very citrus but is not so overpowering that it smells cheap or chemical. The scent also has a sophisticated quality to it.

While this may be best suited in small amounts for business purposes or evenings out for more mature people, I find that using multiple sprays of D&G can really make a scent to grab people's attention.

So to some up, this is a fresh, sophisticated citrus scent.
44 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2013
I absolutely love this scent, and bought it for my husband a long time ago, and he loves it, but it's finally gone and I wanted to give him a new bottle for Christmas. This was the best deal I found online, and when I received it it looked like the real thing, same bottle, same D & G box, but the fragrance not as good as the old one, the smell doesn't linger like the old one does. Not sure what to make of it. It smells like a watered down version of the real one, or more alcohol less scent. I would definitely buy it again, just not from Amazon.com
on December 2, 2014
This has been a favorite since the 1990's & I ensure that it's always in my cabinet. My bottle from Amazon has not yet arrived, but I certainly am pleased with the price.

UPDATE 12/05/14: My bottle from Amazon arrived about two hours ago & it is absolutely perfect is every way. It was packed in a thick-walled carton with 2 large pieces of bubble wrap!! This is IDENTICAL to what I purchase at Dillard's... However, it costs $40.00 more for the same size bottle (4.2 oz.) & even costs $20.00 more for a smaller bottle (2.5 oz.) at Dillard's. The round seal (D&G sticker) on the wrapper, the box, the box markings, the bottle, the bottle markings, the scent, the potency are correct!! Therefore, all the conspiracy theorists need to stop the hysteria. Please keep in mind that colognes behave differently from person to person based on a great number of factors. As far as the bottle, which several people have mentioned, it was changed approximately 11 years ago!! Please trust & believe in what I am saying, as I have used this product for 20 years... With respect to manufacturing in another country & ruining its original scent, I don't agree. However, I must not have that guy's "keen olfactory" senses... Thank goodness because this is one of my favorite fragrances & has been since its introduction. The "keen olfactory" guy uses it like a deodorizer for his bedding?! Please!! Lastly, Someone else said that it smells like a lemon cleaning agent... C'mon, man, get a grip!! Procter & Gamble is in the business of making money - lots of money - in several different arenas & would not be foolish enough to change anything about the formula of a proven, successful commodity. If I am not mistaken, P&G owns Dolce & Gabbana, Hugo Boss & Gucci fragrance lines. Enough said, right? Folks, please don't let the foolishness, negativity & misery of some of the reviewers mislead you... I only hit my wrist with one tiny spray from this bottle - right out of the box from Amazon - of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (approximately 2 hours ago) & the scent still is very strong. Authentic cologne at an outstanding price from a truly customer-friendly organization... Thanks to Amazon & its employees for another extraordinary experience.
on February 15, 2007
I hate most colognes -- I really, truly do. The very scent of them makes me feel physically ill, and wearing them gives me severe tension headaches. This is the only cologne that I can actually wear. I don't know what's different about it--maybe it is the fact that the fragrance is actually pleasant. The scent is masculine, yet also very fresh and clean. It is "there" without being dominating. I appreciate subtlety, so this cologne is perfect for me.
on August 1, 2012
I received a watered down version of a cologne I have worn for years. This is the type of product and vendor that will ruin web shopping.
on March 21, 2013
They sent me a fake a new york counterfeits not good at all I have the real think from someone else
on July 7, 2006
I have been very satisfied with this fragrance which I believe has a very distinctive scent that always intrigues others and ask for its name. The 4.2 oz. size is very manageable.
on June 15, 2014
I wanted to give this cologne out as a Father's Day gift but I bought myself a sample first before I gave it out. The presentation is great as the box is covered in some kind of velvety fabric, really nice.

Then I sprayed it on me, as I do with my other colognes. It smelled great and was looking forward to smelling it throughout the afternoon. However, less than 3 hours later I couldn't smell it on me anymore unless I brought my forearm to my nose. Then I would definitely sense the beautiful scent.

The scent is fresh, masculine and sweet all at the same time. I think everyone who is exposed to it will like it specially your girlfriend, wife, or ladies you are around often. It just needs to project and last more.

I have read some reviews in which amazon is accused of selling "fake" colognes. I hate to accuse amazon of the same and really hope this experienced wasn't the case as amazon has never failed me before.