Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Dolica ST-500 68-Inch Lightweight Tripod" and save 54% off the $54.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Dolica ST-500 68-Inch Lightweight Tripod
|Price:||$25.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$29.00 (53%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 68" Light-Weight Tripod is ideal for both indoor a
- 68" Lightweight Tripod, ST-500
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||5 x 5 x 28 inches|
|Item Weight||4.5 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||4.65 pounds|
From the Manufacturer
ST-500 Camera and Camcorder Alluminum Alloy Tripod and Ball Head
FeaturesTripod and Ball Head Technical Details
- Maximum height: 68 inches
- Minimum height: 27 inches
- Closed height: 28 inches
- Net weight: 3.7 lbs
- Max weight: 8.88 lbs
- Leg sections: 3
- Material: aluminum alloy
- Color: black
- Base thread: 3/8 inch
- Quick release thread: 1/4 inch
- Panoramic angle: Horizontal 360°
- Material: Plastic
- Color: Black
- 3-Way pan head with integrated bubble level
- 90 degree vertical platform
- Center leg lock leveler and counter weight hook
- Geared center column elevator
- 3-leg sections with quick release leg locks
- Non-slip rubber feet
Size: 68 inch
Top Customer Reviews
the locking mechanisms allow you to control how tight or loose you want to be able to move your camera very well. at the appropriate tightness, you can move the camera very smoothly and it will stay in place when you let go, but make sure its not too loose. all the tightning nuts can all be adjusted by hand too, including the piece that connects to the camera(ive seen some tripods that require a screwdriver).
this tripod is sturdy, and can be set up very quickly. and it packs up nicely. i can attach it to my rebel camera bag with no problems.
Im very happy with this tripod.
- Plenty sturdy for point and shoot and small video cameras. I haven't tested with a big SLR, but it seems like it would do fine and has a hook for a weight as well.
- Easy to use quick release plate
- Tall enough for most purposes. I'm about 6'2" and have no problem using it.
- Good features and easy to use - level, pan and tilt lock, portrait mode, crank elevator with lock (not sure what this is actually called).
- Very light
- Folds up to a pretty compact size
- Good price
- Carrying handle (not really needed IMO)
- Comes with a bag
- The locks for sliding the legs in and out are a bit sticky. It does make it seem the thing isn't going to collapse, but they're not very easy to open.
- One of the clamps broke and would not fasten. Fortunately it was just the plastic piece that provides resistance to the clamp, so I stuffed some pipe cleaner into the space and now it works again. This doesn't inspire a lot of confidence though.
- I could not find a Dolica spare quick release plate from anyone. I finally found a compatible one from a different manufacturer, it's a Sunpak SP620-731. That plate is bigger and doesn't seem quite as high quality as the Dolica one, but it fits and it's inexpensive.
- I emailed Dolica about a spare QR plate and they never responded, so I can't really say anything good about their customer service, at least via email.
I recommend this tripod unless you will need extra quick release plates. In that case I would look for something that you know you can get original equipment extras for.
I'm going to assume that anyone reading this review is looking at this product for the same reason I did - I wanted a tripod that was cheap. That's it. This thing is cheap, lightweight and so far has not let me down. It comes with a bag to carry it which makes it much easier to lug around between photo sessions. It has two bubble levels to make sure your shot is perfectly leveled. When it's extended fully and neck extension (the part that lifts the camera with a little crank) is fully raised, I'd guess this thing comes up to a full six feet. When it's completely collapsed it's no bigger than a rolled up poster and only slightly heavier. Personally, I'm a weakling, so it's great that this thing is light. I could carry it around all day without a problem.
Is it sturdy though? It -is- inexpensive, which does mean you're sacrificing some sturdiness but unless you're hiking up mountains or something like that, you'll never notice.
If you're an amateur or novice just getting into photography or want a tripod that won't break the bank, you can't do better than this.
[UPDATE] - February 11, 2012
Still works as good as the day I first got it. I haven't noticed a single scratch, ding or dent. The bag is even in great shape.
- 2.3lbs weight makes itself in Ultra light-weight level, that is great for travel. I easily put it in my suitcase (folded height is 23").
- Heavy duty construction. The tripod is used to elevate my Canon Camcorder XH-A1 (5.2 lbs) without trouble.
- 3-section legs with locks that can be adjusted to several different angles.
- 90 degrees vertical platform and 3 way fluid panhead that make easy-to-use controls.
- The ball head that attaches to the device is very tight. It can hold heavy load (my Canon Camcorder XH-A1) even in movement.
- Includes tripod bag.
- The material looks like a little bit cheap (just a feeling).
- 57" max height sometimes makes inconvenience. Depending on your purpose to choose a right height.
If you are looking for a good tripod, but don't want to spend too much money, Dolica ST-300 is a right choice.
* Price - for a compact tripod, I couldn't beat the price
* Carrying bag w/shoulder strap -- must be completely retracted to fit the tripod in
* Solid if you don't crank up the head adjustment
* Quick release head mount
* Thumbscrew attachment of head mount with screw wings on the attachment screw.
* The mounting screw is a standard 1/4" screw
* Flexible rubber feet to hold flat on a floor
* Fully retracted, this tripod is 22 1/4" high
* Bubble levels for the tripod and the head mechanism.
The not so good:
* Short! I'm 6'0" and I have to crank up the tripod all the way just to use it.
* The head extension retracted down, for best stability has a maximum height of 48 1/2"
* The extension mechanism for the crank up head is very sloppy -- I don't trust it with my Fujifilm S100FS.
* Cheap rivets again hold the leg supports together
* The movable head pieces are all plastic
* The head extension crank is flimsy plastic, use caution.
* NO head tilt bubble level
This is a very lightweight and light duty tripod. If you purchase it, remember, it will not handle mistreatment well. The rivets are the weak link in this tripod. The true usable height for the tripod is only 48 1/2", even though overall extended height is 57".
I use it sparingly, mounting the camera and leaving it set in that position. I also use the delay timer to take my pictures to help compensate for the lose construction that makes this tripod not as steady as more expensive models.
I'm currently looking for an upgrade that is taller and more steady.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is one of the best tripods I have ever used. It's lightweight and well built and worked great with my Panasonic TM90K.Published 5 days ago by ErikwithakGOBLUE
Inexpensive and great quality! I was very surprised by the quality considering how cheap it was.Published 6 days ago by XiuJia Jin
So far it's perfect! I've only had it for a couple weeks but it's doing an incredible job! All the legs work great and setting up is easy as well as screwing the camera onto the... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Elena P.
This worked perfectly for the binoculars I ordered for my star watcher. He is very happy with the quality and how compact it is for travel.Published 8 days ago by Nicole B.
Very pleased with the quality and the great price. Excellent delivery and customer service from this seller.Published 22 days ago by valleystationgirl
I love it. The price is good and it's pretty solid. Short of mounting it in concrete I don't think it could be much better.Published 26 days ago by Steve
It seems very well made and very light weight! We are happy with this tripod!!Published 1 month ago by T. Eleuteri
It's okay. I wouldn't use this for video since the pan/tilt on this is so roughPublished 1 month ago by Weimo92