Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on September 15, 2012
We have the doll family pictured and love them so much. My 2 year old granddaughter's favorites are Grandpa and Baby. This is one of only a few brands which have a 7 member set that includes grandparents and a baby.
Be aware, however, that a truer picture of the set - "variation" - you may receive, while AA, will look more like the picture for the Doll Family of 7 Caucasians, because that is the clothing set they may have, and because of many differences in the paint and shape of the dolls. The clothing difference is easy to see. The shape difference is not. I have seen them both together though and saw that the "variation" is much cruder in features and the baby has a much clunkier shape and inappropriately longer arms.
To me, they were not at all as appealing. To me the clothing was not as lovely on almost every doll and mama Afro-American doll not as identifiable as a mom because her hair was very short plus no skirt.
The company which originates these sets told me that they were unavailable for a long time, but they finally got them back. My guess is that they found a company to copy the old style ones but they didn't have the same good taste as the original producer.
I ordered the family in the photo twice, (the older family) and was sent the newer family, not pictured, twice, even though I'd made it clear I wanted the one in the photo. I gave feedback twice about the inaccurate picture, and got back messages twice saying We've determined that we don't have to change the photo.
Then the item page had a message saying There's a problem, we're temporarily not offering this item. This was changed to the page you now see, which says you may get a "variation".
I just wanted you to know. It made a difference to me; to you, it may not.

In order to get the set I wanted, I phoned around and found a large toy store with a branch in a nearby city which had ONE of the old style families left and sent it to my local shop for me. A bit more expensive than Amazon, but able to give more personal service: could check their stock and help me get the one I wanted!
Amazon had a better price and tried to help; the customer service phone helpers in India tried their best, but apparently a huge company with multiple locations, can't give you the same service.
on January 27, 2010
I love these dolls! I got 2 sets for my 2 year old daughter for xmas this year. She loves them too! They are sturdy and look handmade. They are simple but have wonderful little features. Their feet are big enough for them to stand on (unlike many dolls, like barbie), and they are fairly pose-able with moving arms and legs. They are very friendly looking and not over-sexed or over-trendy. I bought the white family AND the black family. They are just the right size for little hands to carry them around, but I've also seen my 5 year old son playing with them too. I highly recommend them for (or without) a dollhouse.
on December 11, 2011
I ordered these dolls for my 5 year old daughter to go along with her new Savannah doll house for Christmas. They are not the most attractive of dolls, but you can see that from the images - and I bought them for that very reason. They arent your typical plastic Barbie with the adult parts - for that I love them. They are very durable and I'm sure she will love them when she opens them on Christmas morning. My only complaint is that in my box I only received 6 dolls; the baby was missing. As they were so inexpensive I dont think its worth taking more than one star off. I'm sure it was just a one-off situation and if I did want to deal with the hassle of a return I'm sure Amazon would've given me a full set without a problem.
on February 23, 2012
Okay so my family is multiracial and I decided to purchase this African-american set plus the caucasian set (for the chelsea doll house) and I'm fairly pleased with the quality. I love that the black family has twist/locs-looking type of hair because the mom looks similar to me! lol I was able to combine pieces from this set and the caucasian set to create a true semblance of my family and my boy loves it!! He plays with the characters and uses them to act out different scenarios lol The only down-side is that some of the hair-pieces are not glued on super-securely and a few of the strands seem to come loose. Overall, I'm pleased with the look but only time will tell about the durability.
on November 7, 2015
I'm surprise how well these dolls hold up. I'm a psychotherapist, who works with a ton of kids in a day, and somehow these dolls are destructive. I've even had kids throw them across the room and they manage to hold themselves together during the launch. They're very durable, and work well with different doll houses, plus you can't beat the price.
on July 5, 2015
I bought this family for a doll house that I refurbished for my 2 year old daughter. Their simplicity makes them adorable. They are easy to pose as far as I and my 5 year old neighbor are concerned, but it's taking my 2 year old a little time to learn how to pose th3m to sit in the furniture she has. They do holdup well to the bending. Would certainly recommend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 21, 2012
My girls love these little people, and they need them for their KidKraft dollhouse.

These dolls come in a small size but are within a range that's difficult to find, and they're priced well. Really, for the price and the level of detail and materials, I think this is a fair deal.
on February 8, 2014
They are the right size for my doll house. Very sturdy, they are often beaten up and thrown around by active kids. The clothes are on the bodies to stay which is a good thing. 700+/- kids in my school use these nearly every time anyone comes into my office. Occasionally, the wires have come out of the body but I have clothespin 'crutches' for use when that happens. I have a multi-ethnic family in my dollhouse and many of the kids in my very white community remark upon it but with increasingly less surprise. I'll buy more of the same when and if I need to.
on July 1, 2014
I really wanted to like these! They are cute and I like that it is a multigenerational family which actually resonates very well with our family. However, the quality of these dolls just is not very good. For starters, the hair is a disaster. My daughter is only 3 years old but it drove her crazy that the hair on several of the dolls was always sticking up in all kinds of directions and/or falling off, AND totally did not respond when I tried to glue it down. The clothes are similar; after playing with them not all that often, the clothes were ripping and falling off. This is really too bad, since I was looking forward to her having a family of dolls that is reflective of her African American heritage.
on October 24, 2015
I love these as these are my daughters first Barbies.
these will be her Barbies for at least another few years.
they are perfect as she learns how to make them stand or sit, their happy & age-appropriate.
I love them & best of all... She does too:)