VINE VOICEon February 7, 2012
This DVD contains the first season of Ten Dollar Dinners, a show I've enjoyed watching on the Food Network. It's a convenient way to see these shows again if you are thinking about making some of the recipes. The recipes are also on the Food Network web site if you want to print out hard copies, with videos of the preparation available on-line for some of them. My favorite was the orange chicken with crispy potatoes in "Bird on a Budget", but I also liked the braised pork and the lemony shrimp scampi pasta in other episodes. The first season was a bit short, with only six episodes:

Savory Savings: Recipes include Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Vinaigrette, Salmon Cakes and Orzo with Thyme and Lemon Zest.

Bird on a Budget: Includes Crispy-Skinned Chicken a l'Orange, Fennel and Cabbage Slaw and Perfect Crispy Potatoes.

Less Money, More Moroccan: Includes North African Meatballs, Couscous with Dried Dates and Glazed Carrots.

Perfectly Priced Parisian: Includes Potato-Bacon Torte, Cafe Green Salad and Applesauce Granita with Maple Yogurt.

Beyond Pork and Beans: Includes Succulent Braised Pork, Perfect Black Beans and Drop Biscuits with Green Onions.

Supper for a Song: Includes Lemony Shrimp Scampi Pasta, Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan and Affogato.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 9, 2012
Verified Purchase
This DVD is really nice. However, I thought I was ordering a "hard copy" of the cookbook, but the DVD is just fine.

Still would like to have the bk to go along w/ the DVD.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Shame On Those That Desire OVER $700. For ONE DVD! How "Shameless" Can This Be? Amazon Please Reconsider This Cost! The Same w/"Lauduree" Until "Powers That Be" Reduced Cost To A "Normal" Fee.I Could NEVER PAY ALMOST $800. And I Refuse! Yes, I Enjoy Miss.Melissa D'Arabian's Cuisine & Programme. Highly Suggest Her Chicken Dish~ 'Marengo Tango' That She Believes Helped Her Win "Next Food Network Star". I Agree It IS Deliciious!As For This Absurdity~No Thanks Amazon This Time...
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...