5.0 out of 5 stars the sugar,honey ice tea!!
From book one all the way to book three, this book has you on the edge of your seat, turning the pages. Can't want for part four, coming this fall.
Published on August 10, 2009 by Chila Young

3.0 out of 5 stars 'Trouble on every corner...'
Published on January 14, 2009 by Tazzyt2bossye

3.0 out of 5 stars 'Trouble on every corner...', January 14, 2009
Portia, Jay, Laila, Cas, Khalil, and Fatima are back minus Wise. While preparing to bury Wise, Laila is still comatose in the hospital, and the drama intensifies if that's even possible. With the love and support of her friends and family, a heartbroken Fatima is left to piece together her life without her husband, lover, soulmate, and the father of their only child, Falynn. Dedicated to Laila's recovery, Portia, Fatima, and Cas are there in every possible way with encouragement, compassion, and prayers, even though the unexpected news from the doctor blindsides them. Jay is about his business while dodging the numerous traps they plot for he and Cas as he continues to be a loving husband and father.

New characters surface from past alliances, further complicating their lives while introducing more problems, testing relationships, loyalties, and love. #3 answers all of the questions that plagued us in #2. Will Laila live and if so will she walk again? Will she and Portia be able to get past Khalil's confession,if so will their friendship remain strong? Will Cas stand by Laila through this journey or will this bring Khalil back into her life? Can Jay and Portia's love remain untouched throughout all of this drama? Is Wise really dead? The answers to all of these questions are revealed between the pages of this emotionally charged drama.

A Dollar Outta Fifteen Cents - Mo' Money, Mo' Problems is a long awaited novel that proves to be exciting. Ms. McGill has brought us up to par from her last cliffhanger and has even more life altering drama going on in this new joint. I love the central characters, but IMO their storylines and times are finished. This could have been a magnificent conclusion to a perfect storyline, but Ms. McGill has chosen to add another sequel to the existing three. The ending was a great disappointment with the author leaving even more unfinished sub-plots. Personally, I enjoyed the read, still love the main characters, empathized with the situations, but absolutely, positively hated the ending! A Dollar Outta Fifteen Cents III would truthfully earn a 4**** or higher rating with closure.

5.0 out of 5 stars the sugar,honey ice tea!!, August 10, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER HIT, December 31, 2008
THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD I WANT TO GIVE IT TEN STAR'S MS. MCGILL IS A TRUE WRITER AND HER STYLE OF WRITING IS SO AMAZING. I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN I GOT HOME AND FOUND THE BOOK IN MY MAILBOX I COULDN'T WAIT TO READ ABOUT THE WHOLE GANG.

THE BOOK STARTED WHERE IT LEFT OFF AND AGAIN MY MOUTH WAS WIDE OPEN! I LOVED HOW MORE DRAMA UNFOLDED. I LOVE THE GIRLS, AND THE GUYS SWAGGER! I DONT WANT TO WRITE TO MUCH BECAUSE I JUST MIGHT TELL THE STORY. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK TO COME OUT. THERE ARE ALOT OF QUESTION'S THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED I'M SO MAD IT HAD TO END.

I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IS IT "WISE" FOR US TO BELIEVE IN DEATH"

10 STARS!!! A MUST READ!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER BANGER, July 18, 2011
ONCE AGAIN CAROLINE HAS DELIVERED ANOTHER PART TO THIS WONDERFUL SERIES. I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. WAS VERY SHOCKED AT SOME OF THE THINGS THAT WENT DOWN IN THIS BOOK, BUT THEY ARE THINGS THAT HAPPEN EVERYDAY. ON TO PART 4 NOW !

5.0 out of 5 stars The drama is back!, March 28, 2011
This book was just as good as the first two books. For a minute Cas and Laila was out shinning Portia and Jay...BUT the drama between them is back.

I did notice a few errors in the book but not much: On Page 315 Portia and Fatima was headed to L.A. The pilot didn't mind taking them but he called Jay and Cas anyway just to make sure it was okay for him to take them. When he called them they both told him to it was okay for them to go.

Now, in paragraph 6 Its says,"When they got the call neither of them objected. They both just wondered what Portia and Fatima was up to. Especially Jay."

But in paragraph 8 it says," Fatima didn't tell Portia, but she called Jay and Cas that night. She talked to them and told them she and Portia were going to L.A. to confront Callie for stealing her sh**. At first, they'd insisted on sending someone with them, so they would be okay."

Now why would Jay and Cas wonder what they were up to when Fatima had already Called them that night and told them why they were going to L.A. Jay already know that Fatima is Portia's best friend. If any of them had beef they all had beef( Portia, Laila, Fatima and Simone).

Another thing I had to keep reminding my self was; In these books Ms. Caroline uses the word 'tight' as being upset, hurt and or just pissed off.

Were I'm from, the word "tight" is used as being good: for in-stints A friend comes to you and says," Lets go holla at yo boy for some of that kush." The friend says," Naw man, I'm tight on that. I just got done doing a bid for it and I'm not trying to go back."

At first I said to myself," why is he saying he's tight after he just said he was hurt and bout ready to shed a tear." So when I see that word I replace it with my own.

Other than that the book is really good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the same....., July 28, 2010
I've loved Dollar outta fifteen cents since i read the first book!!!! Each book left me eagerly awaiting the next book, however, part 4 didnt do that for me. The book was good, but not as good as her previous ones. Somewhere along the line, authors stop writing for the enjoyment and it becomes strictly business, a avid reader such as myself can tell the diffrence. one thing that puzzled me was Jays treatment towards his own child. I understood he didnt love the young girl, and i also understood Portia and her children came first, but the way Jay acted was so different than his intial character. ALL the previous books led me to believe he would never be so callous and have his child suffering while he lived the lavish life. Secondly, the way Jays sister was accepted by Jay and Casino.....WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! Theres no way a person can do the damage she done and even think i would want her in my presence....Jay maybe, but Casino should have been done with her!!!! the book has a lot of twist and turns, someone from the past returns, a new couple develops, and frienships are tested once again......I hope when part 5 comes out, she brings it hard and raw like she did the first 3 parts!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever, March 4, 2009
This book had m on the edge of my seat and holding my breath. I could not put this book down and found myself angry because the book ended. I am soooooooooo ready for the sequel to come out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Mo' Money Mo' Problems, January 11, 2009
Author Caroline McGill bring us part lll in this saga. She brings back all my favorites that I have been following Jay and Portia, Fatima, Casino and Laila. She picks up right where part ll left off and answers the big questions that left me hanging. Along with answering the question she left a bigger one that was left unanswered in this book, that was disappointing to me that she never touch on it again. You will have to read it because to say would be spoiling the book. She introduces us to some new characters that brought mo' drama to the story ie Ysatis, Callie who is Simone younger sister and her boyfriend Smoke, Vino and Five which I hope we see more off in part lV.

I enjoyed part lll and I have no choice but to tune into part lV if I want to know the answers. There are a few errors the most noticeable to me was a discrepancy in a dollar amount for a job that was said to be paid at 15,000 but when they were paid, it was only for 10,000. I also wonder when this saga is going to be over I am growing tired of it. While I enjoyed the novels, enough is enough. It will be interesting to see in part lV if she peaks my interest again because I don't know how many more books in this saga I am willing to read.

SiStar Tea
ARC Book Club Inc.
4 star rating

5.0 out of 5 stars CAROLINE MISSES NO BEATS!!, October 14, 2013
These series get better and better! Cas shows his undying love for Laila makes you feel like your watching a drama filled love story. Jay infidelity catches up to him and Fatima lets her lonliness engulf her and causes her to make really bad choices in life! MUST READ!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars ok read!, May 17, 2013
This review is from: A Dollar Outta Fifteen Cent III: Mo' Money...Mo' Problems (Kindle Edition)
This book is a good read. However i just wished she kept it more true to life. For instance when people loose out on money such as fatima did , they almost never get it back! Some of the plots were just unreal, especially with kira ! There is no way in life a person would only get 1 year for arson and attempted
murder. So with that being said ,this book is more fantasy than real talk.

Rate and Discover Movies